Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Seriously though guys, why didn't Rangers just pay back the HMRC? When you think about it, it sounds ridiculous that they chose not to. They could have come to an agreement to pay back 10m per year over 10 years (the same amount of time they accrued the debt i.e. didn't pay taxes). HMRC would be happy to come to a legally binding agreement to get their money back. They'd still be in the SPL, they'd still be strong enough to finish second, they'd still be the old rangers with their history, still competing in europe. When you consider they paid Duff & Phelps ~5.5 m on administration fees they could easily have achieved this. Rangers could have been playing all sorts of glamour ties to raise funds and most of all they could have just been honest with their fans.

Instead, they chose to liquidate and thought everything would be hunky-dorey. Morons.

How in earth can Sevco agree a deal with Ian Black? They don't officially have a license or membership and how will they register him as a player for them if they aren't actually a club yet.

Unless something has changed in the last half hour, they can't. As things stand, Ian Black will never play for Newco, irrespective of what division they are in.

Surely Sky wouldn't be happy with having them in D1, when there is no guarantee that they would be promoted?

Smacks of an easy ride for Sevco if they do get into D1. Some things never fucking change.

It'll also appease fucking nobody. Anyone can see this is all just a massive smokescreen to hide the money once again shafting every single football fan in Scotland.

Bizzare thought on a bizzare day...

Could we find ourselvers in the position where the SPL club with the biggest drop in their own supporters is the biggest sign of sporting integrity among fans?

Heard that the following deal has been agreed.

SPL will now accept the Rangers Newco, but will impose a retrospective points deduction on last seasons points. This points deduction will see Rangers relegated to division 1.

That can't happen, because last season is complete, gone, dead...and the fallout from it has already happened: Dunfermline have relinquished their SPL share and Ross County have picked it up.

Heard that the following deal has been agreed.

SPL will now accept the Rangers Newco, but will impose a retrospective points deduction on last seasons points. This points deduction will see Rangers relegated to division 1.

Then you've "heard" wrong (unsurprisingly, as 100% of unnamed sources thus far have been total liars). If the SPL are forced to hold their own vote (through SFL either declining to take it off their hands, or saying SFL3) the SPL will "relegate" Sevco to the new SFL2, along with whatever gutless wonders in the SFL want to join. SFL and SPL will be completely severed.

Its getting to the stage where I would probably just accept anything to get this mess resolved one way or the other.

I fear for Scottish football though if they are allowed straight into the SPL.

Should be Div3, if its Div 1 it should be with sanctions.

Not at all, and even less when it's quoting an "insider", but I added it because other than Cuntcaster's scaremongering pish is the only claim so far.

In some respects that's the kernel of the problem. The only person leaking stories and setting the agenda is Doncaster, in lieu of any other source that's what the media are printing.

This whole thing is a disgraceful mess. Reading Clydes statement illustrates the depths that Doncaster and Co will go to to get what they want and I am honestly ashamed of it.

That can't happen, because last season is complete, gone, dead...and the fallout from it has already happened: Dunfermline have relinquished their SPL share and Ross County have picked it up.

Correct. Auld Heid has been slavering nonsense on the juniors forum for years. Nobody ever takes anything he says seriously.

I fear for Scottish football though if they are allowed straight into the SPL.

Should be Div3, if its Div 1 it should be with sanctions.

Read the Clyde statement. SPL are willing to throw away the rulebook and renege on the settlement deal in any circumstances other than SFL voting newco into SFL1. A bald threat. Any other outcome will result in SPL again throwing away the rulebook to create a new SPL2, "demote" Rangers to it to placate FIFA, and promote them again next season.

The corrupt authorities' 'nuclear' option' of an SPL2 only works if enough craven clubs choose to join it. The SPL has been a disaster from start to finish and should be the next 'Big Hoose' to be closed down for good. What a bunch of corrupt, lying b*****ds.

Don't think I've ever been so demoralised about Scottish Football. The 'solution' is one that literally no one who supports the game wants, but because of some threats from sponsors/potential for the tv deal to go by the weighside, that's what we're going to get, and we should be happy to get it?

I'm absolutely disgusted by the actions of the SPL here. It's clear the SFL clubs are being intimidated and blackmailed, as well as being forced to make a decision which should've been made months ago by the SFA/SPL.The situation is completely unacceptable to me and probably many others.

Might be time to stop attending all SPL matches, and attend a local club in the SFL (or possibly a junior side) who stand up against this blatant attempt to bully them. I honestly can't be doing with this. It's meant to be a sport, about fair play and competition. Finance and administrators have taken over as the main driver for clubs at the top level (probably below too, but at least they're showing they've got a bit of backbone).

Seriously though guys, why didn't Rangers just pay back the HMRC? When you think about it, it sounds ridiculous that they chose not to. They could have come to an agreement to pay back 10m per year over 10 years (the same amount of time they accrued the debt i.e. didn't pay taxes). HMRC would be happy to come to a legally binding agreement to get their money back. They'd still be in the SPL, they'd still be strong enough to finish second, they'd still be the old rangers with their history, still competing in europe. When you consider they paid Duff & Phelps ~5.5 m on administration fees they could easily have achieved this. Rangers could have been playing all sorts of glamour ties to raise funds and most of all they could have just been honest with their fans.

Instead, they chose to liquidate and thought everything would be hunky-dorey. Morons.

Out greenies so have one this way. Sounds simple when you put it that way.