Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The 'true fans' of Scottish football who are saying they will buy season tickets and attend matches whatever happens are the people who are allowing Doncaster, Regan and Longmuir to destroy our game.

The only weapon we have is to withhold our support and our finance. I, for one, will not be complicit in destroying the integrity of Scottish football.

If the SFA are such villains in this (and that's certainly how I see it) why is the idea of targeting games involving the SFA's representative team being ignored?

Boycott talk can be cheap and overused, but I would see a boycott of Scotland fixtures as entirely legitimate here. What a visible and finacially powerful weapon this could be. We all know that the Scotland support depends a lot on diddy fans.

I think this could be very effective if coordinated. Rather than get people from all over to show up at Hampden as fizzled out last week, get them to stay away when they wouldn't usually.

A Morton fan suggested such a thing on the TA board on here, but was roundly shouted down. I think it's a great idea.

There's greater precedence in the SPL period for a club getting to stay up rather than there is for 2 up.

The get Dundee up campaign isn't dignified either.

What are you talking about?

Apologies for posting a Daily Heil link, but I think this article sums up the situation very well.

http://www.dailymail...ck-Collins.html

[/size]

Another "journalist" who doesn't get the difference between relegation and election.

I've looked back a few pages and came across this, sourced to Alex Thomson.

(ii) That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the "Board") to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.<br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); "><br style="color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(243, 249, 246); ">(iii) That the Scottish Football League Members in terms of Rule 12 approve the resignation of either Dundee F.C. or Dunfermline Athletic F.C., whichever shall be admitted to join the Scottish Premier League for Season 2012/13, such resignation to take effect as at the date of admission of such club to the Scottish Premier League, notwithstanding that the requisite notice under Rule 12 shall not have been given.Details of the series of measures referred to at (ii) above shall be made available to the Members in advance of the meeting and an opportunity for full discussion of those measures will be given prior to the proposals being put to the meeting.

That is indeed a stitch up, and every club chairman who votes for that ought to suffer the consequences of empty stadiums every home game. They'd be putting the money of Rangers fans above the money of every other club in the league, which would be a scandal.

If the SFA are such villains in this (and that's certainly how I see it) why is the idea of targeting games involving the SFA's representative team being ignored?

Boycott talk can be cheap and overused, but I would see a boycott of Scotland fixtures as entirely legitimate here. What a visible and finacially powerful weapon this could be. We all know that the Scotland support depends a lot on diddy fans.

I think this could be very effective if coordinated. Rather than get people from all over to show up at Hampden as fizzled out last week, get them to stay away when they wouldn't usually.

A Morton fan suggested such a thing on the TA board on here, but was roundly shouted down. I think it's a great idea.

The big problem with this is there isn't a Scotland game at Hampden for a wee while yet. When we were protesting to our own clubs the chairmen could see/feel the pinch of season ticket sales being held back and such.

I read a bit of Craig Burleys column, before setting fire to the paper in protest at such fuckwittery even making it into print. What an arse of a man, another leech living off commenting on the old firm, crying in despair as the cash cow bites the dust.

The big problem with this is there isn't a Scotland game at Hampden for a wee while yet. When we were protesting to our own clubs the chairmen could see/feel the pinch of season ticket sales being held back and such.

I haven't been to anything at Hampden, be it a game or a concert for years, due to the SFA giving money to bail out Queens Park when they were in financial bother, yet ignoring everyone else.

Cant find a link for it but my God, Burleys column in the SM today is an utter disgrace. He uses the words knuckle-draggers and neanderthals to describe normal fans. Dont you know, you feckin half wit, that these words are copyrighted solely to the old Rangers and Newco supporters!!!

I read a bit of Craig Burleys column, before setting fire to the paper in protest at such fuckwittery even making it into print. What an arse of a man, another leech living off commenting on the old firm, crying in despair as the cash cow bites the dust.

It is unbelievable....the worst column I have had the misfortune to read since this saga started. He calls us (diddy teams fans) knuckle draggers and neanderthals. He should be sacked for that column. Wonder if SM are regretting it as there doesnt appear to be a link on their site, which is unusual

Edited by Sting777

Yes, it lacks that immediacy, but it compensates in its power, both in a symbolic and very real, financial sense.

When mentioned on the TA board, people just wanted to see this as nothing to do with Scotland, a ridiculous and childish view I thought.

This could be mobilised and it could be effective.

If fans don't have the stomach for it, enjoying a day on the piss with their mates too much, then it can't happen. It just strikes me as weird though when people are talking about turning their backs on clubs they've loved and watched hundreds and hundreds of times, that the idea of striking at the SFA in this way is balked at.

Another "journalist" who doesn't get the difference between relegation and election.

The vote relates to Rangers F.C. being allowed to play in the SFL and Sevco Scotland Limited being an associate member. Is it election and relegation at the same time? No doubt a PowerPoint presentation will make it all clear on the day.

It is unbelievable....the worst column I have had the misfortune to read since this saga started. He calls us (diddy teams fans) knuckle draggers and neanderthals. He should be sacked for that column. Wonder if SM are regretting it as there doesnt appear to be a link on their site, which is unusual

Is burley on twitter ?..that way we can prove him right about us all being neanderthals & knuckle-draggers with a torrent of over-the-top personal abuse. :D

A small matter of the FIFA Statutes to be addressed, perhaps?

From page 64;

"3. Altering the legal form or company structure of a club to facilitate its

qualification on sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence for a domestic

league championship, to the detriment of the integrity of a sports competition,

is prohibited. This includes, for example, changing the headquarters, changing

the name or transferring stakeholdings between different clubs. Prohibitive

decisions must be able to be examined by the Member’s body of appeal."

A small matter of the FIFA Statutes to be addressed, perhaps?

From page 64;

"3. Altering the legal form or company structure of a club to facilitate its

qualification on sporting merit and/or its receipt of a licence for a domestic

league championship, to the detriment of the integrity of a sports competition,

is prohibited. This includes, for example, changing the headquarters, changing

the name or transferring stakeholdings between different clubs. Prohibitive

decisions must be able to be examined by the Member's body of appeal."

One problem, SFA/SFL/SPL aren't altering the legal form or structure of newcosad.gif

possibly am wrong (I hope so)

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/EuroExperience/uefaorg/WhatUEFAis/01/80/54/03/1805403_DOWNLOAD.pdf

possibly better with page4 article 7 para 2 -Independence

this could be used against the scaremongering that sky will walk wink.gif

Edited by rustyarabnuts

Burley's masterpiece:

Has it really come to this? The future of Scottish football placed in the hands of a few nonentities from the lower divisions.

Muppets in charge of clubs that draw embarrassing crowds of 200 people suddenly standing as judge and jury over a decision that could cost the country millions of pounds in lost revenue.

Chairmen of part-time teams who are nothing more than afterthoughts in the psyche of our national obsession, yet suddenly they have been handed the most important decision in the history of Scottish football.

Does the SFL do the sensible thing and accept the Rangers newco into the First Division or cut off their nose to spite everyone else’s face by condemning them to starting again from the Third Division?

That they even have to think twice about this decision chills me to the core because it’s a clear sign that the knuckle-draggers – always the ones who make the most noise – have succeeded in making their voice heard.

And I’m not just talking about supporters, there are plenty of backward idiots in board rooms too and their petty witch hunt dressed up as “sporting integrity” could cost us all.

What price your integrity if there’s no sport left after you’ve slaughtered its biggest cash cow? Those opposing Rangers being parachuted into the First Division cannot see the wood for the trees.

I’ve heard comments from clubs like Cowdenbeath, Peterhead insisting they must start from scratch in the Third – who are these people and how are they qualified to make a decision that will affect clubs 10 times their size?

Let’s be honest here, if their clubs were to go missing nobody would bat an eyelid but if they abuse their newfound power to banish Rangers then the whole game is gone. It is THAT serious because without the revenue they generate through TV deals and travelling supporters, many other clubs will shut.

I know SFA chief executive Stewart Regan was criticised for warning that Scottish football faces a slow painful death if the Ibrox club are tossed to the bottom, but I agree. There is no point telling people everything’s hunky dory when it is clearly not.

People must wake up to Regan’s alarming message before it’s too late. Most of all the SPL because the time is now to take decisive action. You may have read Raith Rovers’ vice chairman Turnbull Hutton accusing the SPL of bullying and railroading the lower league clubs to vote Rangers into the First.

There’s long been veiled threats to set up a breakaway SPL 2, including Rangers, if the top flight don’t get what they want, leaving those who defy them well and truly out in the cold.

Well my feeling is why rely on a veiled threat when you can turn it into a concrete promise that can be used as a foundation to rebuild our game on a more stable platform?

Just do it, guys.

This is the time where SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster must stand strong and make the big decisions and grab the power back for the big clubs who know how to handle it.

Start the breakaway now, give us a fresh product of two top divisions with promotion and relegation play-offs and sell the package to Sky and ESPN as a fresh exciting new dawn for our game.

TV will buy into it, fans will be re-energised and hopefully start clicking through the turnstiles again.

Hey, maybe even the punters who blackmailed their clubs to vote Rangers out of the SPL in the first place might actually start attending games – because I don’t believe for a second that they were all loyal season ticket holders.

You just need to look at Dunfermline closing a stand last season and matches at Pittodrie resembling a closed-doors friendly any time the Old Firm weren’t visiting as evidence that these fans who protested so loudly must now put their money where their mouths are.

So what of the rest you may ask. What about the clubs left behind by the new set-up?

No doubt some of them will fold while others continue plodding along as they are just now – part-time community clubs with very little relevance beyond the borders of their town. It might sound brutal but there are too many teams in our senior game who are going nowhere.

So better to trim the dead wood than give them the power to kill off one of the two clubs that matters most. In short, it’s better them than Rangers when it comes down to a stark choice of who should go.

I can almost hear the outraged screams from Forfar to Annan already but hard nosed as it sounds the alternative, which is football Armageddon, is too much for the rest of us to bear.

Maybe the Neanderthals who are only interested in revenge and petty points scoring after decades of Old Firm dominance will stop and think about the consequences before they call for more punishment.

The time has come to end this sorry episode and start fresh with a positive new beginning for all of Scottish football.

We can’t stand by and allow small clubs with their ridiculous tiny supports to gather on Friday the 13th and chase millions of pounds out of our game.

The time for action has come and Doncaster and his SPL member clubs cannot afford to hesitate a moment longer.