Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If the SFA are such villains in this (and that's certainly how I see it) why is the idea of targeting games involving the SFA's representative team being ignored?

Boycott talk can be cheap and overused, but I would see a boycott of Scotland fixtures as entirely legitimate here. What a visible and finacially powerful weapon this could be. We all know that the Scotland support depends a lot on diddy fans.

I think this could be very effective if coordinated. Rather than get people from all over to show up at Hampden as fizzled out last week, get them to stay away when they wouldn't usually.

A Morton fan suggested such a thing on the TA board on here, but was roundly shouted down. I think it's a great idea.

The SFA are not alone, if the SFL board are going to ride roughshod over their member clubs and deny them a vote then I think we should make it clear that we will also target the clubs of SFL board members.

Before the meeting on Friday, supporters should send a message that is loud and clear to Alloa, Arbroath, Dumbarton, Livingston, Brechin, Queens Park and Dunfermline (only if they have a vote) that if they deny the member clubs a vote on this issue then away fans are prepared to boycott these grounds.

Edited by Ayrsole

In which I comment on the meeting of the Sevco Scotland Board and manager with the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund.

It is clear that the wagons are being circled at Ibrox. What is not clear is Mr Green’s funding and backers, but he has promised a reply to all questions only days from now!

It is not clear though how much money his company has just now and has access to, nor if the sums mentioned include the purchase price of the assets.

It is also unclear how the £30 million which would have been in the bank mid-July, if a CVA had succeeded has now vanished from the discussions unless it was to be the sale proceeds of the players.

And talking of the players, I wondered why Mr McCoist referred to only having six first team players. Maybe his definition of first team players differs from mine, and more importantly from the official Rangers website!

And finally, has there ever before been a league where a player for one team receives in wages almost 50% more than the entire turnover of a team in a higher division? (To which the answer is probably yes, but it will definitely happen should Sevco Scotland succeed in having a team in SFL3 in the coming season!)

http://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/07/08/the-sevco-board-met-the-rangers-fans-fighting-fund-what-happened/

A week like this in the papers and on broadcast media, and the SFL will punt them to the third for sure.

But there is no route for SFL Chairmen to do that. That option is not on the table to be voted upon.

They are being asked to accept Sevco into the fold, then remit it to the Board to decide if sufficient sweeteners have been offered to bump Sevco to Division 1. And the thing is, the package of sweeteners is being finalised as we speak. As soon as Friday's meeting closes with the remit to the Board, they can announce the bump from 3rd to 1st there and then.

Edited by Claymores

I know it may be too late but we must do what we can which is very little except withdraw our services when corruption is finally approved on Friday. In the meantime email (again) Regan, Doncaster, Longmuir and your Clubs informing them that you, the paying customer, will walk away. Full stop.

I don't think it will be approved.

The three tossers of the apocalypse (Regan, Doncaster and Longmuir) may think they hold the power, but recent weeks have proved that this isn't the case.

Let's face it, they thought they would have sown this up ages ago by throwing a few crumbs off the table to the SFL, and thanks to people like Turnbull Hutton fighting the good fight, the SFL clubs haven't just rolled over as the SPL/SFA had planned. Regan and Doncaster especially are looking more desperate by the day.

I honestly believe their are enough free minded, fair, honest and decent chairmen in the SFL to prevent this nonsense and stop the further shaming of Scottish football. And when they do stop it, the next step is to boot the three tossers of the apocalypse out on their arse. They have heaped shame on the national game, and should never hold a position of responsibility again.

I hope as many people as possible can make it along to Stark's Park on Tuesday, to demonstrate support for Turnbull Hutton. We need to show that those with integrity will be rewarded financially.

http://www.raithrovers.net/3970/match-information-5.htm

Come on, ICT central belters. Support Raith and watch County (hopefully) get a kicking at the same time. A bargain for £10.

The SFA are not alone, if the SFL board are going to ride roughshod over their member clubs and deny them a vote then I think we should make it clear that we will also target the clubs of SFL board members.

Before the meeting on Friday, supporters should send a message that is loud and clear to Alloa, Arbroath, Dumbarton, Livingston, Brechin, Queens Park and Dunfermline (only if they have a vote) that if they deny the member clubs a vote on this issue then away fans are prepared to boycott these grounds.

Tbf, it should be remembered that the Board isn't made-up of 8 clubs. It's made up of 9 people (including Longmuir) whose constituency of election was their belonging to a club.

They sit on the Board as individuals and, for example, it's not a case of the own committtee instructing them on how to vote. Although, of course, some may be influenced by their club's interest and their colleagues views.

In which I comment on the meeting of the Sevco Scotland Board and manager with the Rangers Fans Fighting Fund.

It is clear that the wagons are being circled at Ibrox. What is not clear is Mr Green's funding and backers, but he has promised a reply to all questions only days from now!

It is not clear though how much money his company has just now and has access to, nor if the sums mentioned include the purchase price of the assets.

It is also unclear how the £30 million which would have been in the bank mid-July, if a CVA had succeeded has now vanished from the discussions unless it was to be the sale proceeds of the players.

And talking of the players, I wondered why Mr McCoist referred to only having six first team players. Maybe his definition of first team players differs from mine, and more importantly from the official Rangers website!

And finally, has there ever before been a league where a player for one team receives in wages almost 50% more than the entire turnover of a team in a higher division? (To which the answer is probably yes, but it will definitely happen should Sevco Scotland succeed in having a team in SFL3 in the coming season!)

http://scotslawthoug...-what-happened/

Several investors apparently pulled out when the CVA was knocked back and it also became clear the club would play in a lower division, quite possibly the bottom one.

But there is no route for SFL Chairmen to do that. That option is not on the table to be voted upon.

They are being asked to accept Sevco into the fold, then remit it to the Board to decide if sufficient sweeteners have been offered to bump Sevco to Division 1. And the thing is, the package of sweeteners is being finalised as we speak. As soon as Friday's meeting closes with the remit to the Board, they can announce the bump from 3rd to 1st there and then.

If the motion is rejected on Friday, the SFL will have a vacancy. Sevco can then apply for that.

That is what should happen, and I'd like to think the Newco in SFL3 brigade (Raith, Stranraer, East Fife etc) will vote against the proposal on Friday.

In his Glasgow Herald column today G Spiers refers to a conversation with a "a prominent St Johnstone fan" in a very patronising way. It would be interesting to hear the fan's version. Over to you, Mr Cosgrove.

Britney being patronising (or trying to be)? Wow. Shockerooni. :D

Hi gents - long time lurker, first time poster!

I've been following this whole sorry saga since the start, feeling a mix of disbelief, joy and desperation. I can't wait for the whole thing to end and to get a final answer to be honest.

I've again e-mailed the SFA, SPL and SFL with my thoughts, not that it'll make much difference. The only thing we can do now is contact the chairmen of SFL clubs, and try to ram home the strength of fan feeling on this. I've just fired off another message to John Alexander at Clyde to thank him for our clubs clarity so far, and to encourage him to stick to his guns. I'll also be contacting Turnbull Hutton with a similar message.

I'm still relatively positive, however - John Yorkston said just the other day that he sees the majority rejecting the idea of the Newco in SFL1 - what has happened in the last few days to change that? Are chairmen seriously going to be influenced by waste of spaces like Traynor and Burley? If anything, this whole story has proven how out of touch these muppets are!

Sadly they aren't voting on newco into division one or three...only if they should allow newco into sfl and then the board will articificially punt newco up to sfl one should the vote be a yes....and if the vote is no then the declared stance from regan is that an spl two will be imposed containing newco...utter corruption of the lowest order

Also I see that self-interest is alive and well down the levels too :lol:.

According to today's SoS, good old Queen's Park have written to fellow SFL clubs saying that - whilst they support ideas of a single league governing body with 4 divisions - the "proposed introductions of the pyramid system for bringing new clubs into the league should be scrapped", as there is "no sense in expansion [sic]" while the Scottish game is in trouble. Self Fulfilment League?