Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Of course they could just be propogating a myth to cover their own backs. I assume anyone who believes in 'SPL2 in time for next season' also believes in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus. They also probably believe your user name is ironic rather than descriptive.

More personal attacks GD. Thought you were past that?

So if something in a statement tallies with what we like and want it's genius and just and a bastion of truth, if it's something we don't like or want it's scaremongering, propaganda qnd a myth?

I just hope the SFL amendment goes the same way as their other attempts to bully their way back into the SPL and backfires spectacularly.

If anyone at Sevco or even Rangers had an ounce of intelligence, they would have distanced themselves at the start, from all the sycophants and thrown themselves on the mercy of the leagues.

Instead with their fanzines like the DR running scare stories every day and people like Brown and Jardine spouting the usual rhetoric, they are only alienating themselves further.

I can see the SFL clubs issuing them a clear GIRFUY on Friday :D

In a good conspiracy theory anything goes.

I think this is all just part of Murrays' cunning 25 year plan to own his beloved Ayr United.

Do I win?

Phil McMadeupname on RTC :-

Phil MacGiollaBhain ‏@Pmacgiollabhain

Same excellent Sevco source: “Lot’s of people in here think that there won’t be any football played next season.”

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

4m Phil MacGiollaBhain ‏@Pmacgiollabhain

Excellent source. Sevco Season Ticket sales. “Slightly over 600 sold so far”.

Also, that McLaughlin twat from BBC reporting that Spivco refusing international clearance for Davis, Naismith, Whittaker et al.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Disagree about the second point, The pyramid structure ensures that clubs finishing at the bottom of the 4 league structure are replaced by new clubs from other leagues.It's not expansion. Ross is advocating protectionism.

Precisely, albeit it simply proves self-interest permeates all of this issue.

I think this is all just part of Murrays' cunning 25 year plan to own his beloved Ayr United.

Do I win?

Yep.

You get to host the P&B Rangers are dead party at your house.

You even get to supply the booze, congratulations.

Edited by Gaz FFC

There's 2 problems with this as well. Firstly are they actually breaking any rules? And secondly isn't SFL an unincorporated association? If so you can get an interdict but what happens if they refuse to observe it (noting afterall background of courts interfering with football)... are you seeking punitive action against yourself and fellow clubs?

The question related to the rule that anyone wanting to leave the SFL would need to give 2 years notice. I think that anyone breaking that rule to the detriment of another party could be subject to litigation rather than the SFL itself.

Do I win?

So he paid nowt to buy rangers, run them into the ground, creamed off £6m for himself & legged it (pun intended), and will use the £6m to buy his beloved ayr utd ?

It's so outlandish it's brilliant ! :rolleyes:

In the medium to long-term the consortium will see the value of the shareholding they retain increase provided the business in successful.

There is absolutely zero chance of Rangers even coming close to breaking even in the "medium to long-term". Even when they had a squad capable of at least trying to reach the CL group stages they were losing money, and that's without paying tax. Scotland has now essentially permanently forfeited its second CL place as well. The "consortium" is here for precisely long enough to find a stupid enough buyer, after which Green will never be north of the border for the rest of his life.

Mr Green has 2 'silent partners'

Craig Whyte, and Ticketus

It's already been established that Whyte doesn't have any money. He'd also be risking criminal charge if he were acting as a shadow director. KDS wet dream methinks.

Someone else posted earlier that there was only one vote on the whole resolution, not 3 votes on the individual elements

That's correct. Were that the case, any mixed vote would completely f**k the league up. I'm baffled that so many people have come to this conclusion when it's completely illogical, as all three parts are interdependent (part ii would completely obviate part i if the answer were yes, part i would cancel part ii if the answer were no, and either of them would have to give the same result as part iii or you'd end up with an odd number of teams in each section).

According to the stenhousemuir statement, some clubs which had said no to newco in.div 1 had intimated they would accept invite to SPL2. On phone so can't link or would do so

This is it I think?

Rangers Newco in SPL2

This option is less clear and although it was not used as a threat, it is a genuine option for the SPL. A limited number of clubs would be invited from the SFL to join the SPL2 which would incorporate Rangers Newco. It was clear from the meeting and subsequent discussions that if the SFL clubs were faced with this option then a sufficient number of full time clubs could take up this invitation to form a viable SPL2 despite the many statements being made by clubs who would most likely be invited.

More personal attacks GD. Thought you were past that?

So if something in a statement tallies with what we like and want it's genius and just and a bastion of truth, if it's something we don't like or want it's scaremongering, propaganda qnd a myth?

More personal attacks GD. Thought you were past that? No, nope and never.

I said they could just be propogating a myth; I did not say the are doing so. SPL2 is beyond believe in any credible reality; if you want to believe it feel free to do so.

Along this Fifa '13 line, own up - who else has taken over either Rangers or Celtic in Champ Man' and relegated them by releasing all of their top players and playing the youths / reserves in their place??? ph34r.gif

I sent Jelavic out on loan for the season when it turned out the board couldn't afford to let him go and the bugger sent them back up the following season under new manager Gus McPherson who signed folk like Ben Thatcher to make up a half decent team despite my best efforts. This was while I somehow got a job at Motherwell just to see how Div1 Ranjurs they were getting on, thinking they'd drop down again. dry.gif

I had the mighty Well relegated too followed by Cowdenbeath after I acquired a taste for screwing up clubs which is a bit easier than winning things. Nothing against those clubs but they were just stupid enough to hire me with my fantastic couple of wins a season record.

I must that I did it last year at one point but never, ever thought I'd see a similar thing happen under a real manager in real life.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Maybe there is no conspiracy. Maybe Murray, Whyte, Green, Haudit, Daudit, Jardine, McCoist, Regan, Longmuir and Cockwomble are simply useless gobshites.

Just throwing this wee theory into the mix for consideration.

More personal attacks GD. Thought you were past that? No, nope and never.

I said they could just be propogating a myth; I did not say the are doing so. SPL2 is beyond believe in any credible reality; if you want to believe it feel free to do so.

I would hate SPL2 - it would essentially mean we'd chucked away the only chance for meaningful change for the better we've seen for a decade and probably many years to come.

Along this Fifa '13 line, own up - who else has taken over either Rangers or Celtic in Champ Man' and relegated them by releasing all of their good players and playing the youths / reserves???

I suspect the SFA's blazers will be writing a furious letter to EA to ensure that this bug is corrected in future releases.

Yep.

You get to host the P&B Rangers are dead party at your house.

You even get to supply the booze, congratulations.

I couldn't keep the booze long enough for anyone to arrive.biggrin.gif