Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'll have some of that Popcorn you have been enjoying over the last few weeks and sit back and watch the Timplosion :D

But But But But But..what about the Big Tax Caseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......splash as yet another falls from the Erskine Bridge.

Did you really doubt we would survive?

We Are the Establishment club..We Are The People!!!

One wee glimmer of what might be good news and you are breaking out the popcorn, it's like being 4-0 and scoring a consolation goal. You might think you have a chance but really mate, yer still fcuked.

I'll have some of that Popcorn you have been enjoying over the last few weeks and sit back and watch the Timplosion :D

But But But But But..what about the Big Tax Caseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......splash as yet another falls from the Erskine Bridge.

Bookmarked. But when you go bust I doubt you'll be back for the party. :lol:

WATP gets an automatic red dot. Fair enough though... I think most people here expected you lot to survive, just hoped you didn't. It's just an extension of when we play the old firm (or anyone at the moment come to think about it) - Hope you win, but expect to get beat

:( fecking booo!

Anyone else suspicious of Whittaker and Naismith agreeing the deal after the thread on Rangers media last night? I have this vision of a few fans turning up at their houses to point out their earning potential will be nil if they no longer have knee caps.

It's a shame we don't get the big day of cuts as hoped but in the grand scheme of things this seems to change very little.

Two players on around 20k a week have agreed to 75% cuts. Allied to Wylde and Celik's wages... How much are the administrators fees to offset against these savings?

How far along the road to saving a million a month are they really at? It's almost as if the Naismith and Whittaker news has caused No8 to think they are saved, and everyone else to think the same.

Did I blink and miss the legal wrangles over money in lawyer's accounts disappear, or the HMRC debt? Did I only dream that Whyte was unfit to own a club, and Rangers have brought football into disrepute? Has Dave King went away? Has secure creditor status been cleared up? Have they suddenly been re-admitted to Europe? Has Paul Murray found 100 million down the back of the sofa? Has the investigation into double-contracts ended? Have they paid Dundee United? .... has all this (and more) been sorted because of Naismith and Whittaker!?

Have the other 10 SPL clubs cancelled their meeting for change, after phoning each other and saying 'Forget it lads, two of them are taking a pay cut, the game's a bogey'.

Perspective. I'm keeping mine!

Anyone else suspicious of Whittaker and Naismith agreeing the deal after the thread on Rangers media last night? I have this vision of a few fans turning up at their houses to point out their earning potential will be nil if they no longer have knee caps.

It's a shame we don't get the big day of cuts as hoped but in the grand scheme of things this seems to change very little.

No there was always going to be a deal struck, what these thick players do not realise though is that when Govan Rangers Ltd 2012 take over their contracts will be transferred across at their latest terms and conditions under TUPE rules ie 75% pay cut if a saviour is found. Good piece of business by Duff and Duffer.

All that's happened today is that the administrators, after weeks of watching as the tide has rolled in, telling the victims to throw away some of the stuff that's holding them back, have finally persuaded them to chuck away enough stuff to scramble onto a ledge. The tide continues to rise and they are now hoping for someone with a big enough and secure enough boat to take all of them. Or the tide will turn as HMRC back down.

The fuckers will still either be in a wee boat drifting aimlessly for a while, or stuck on a ledge with less stuff. Still a win in my eyes.

Oh well.... what a surprise. An 11th hour lifeline - I didn't see that one coming.

Much as the anticipation of their demise has been fun, did people genuinely believe that it would happen, never mind on any specific date?

They are cheats, and are absolutely rotten to the core, but when has that stopped other such businesses prevailing before them?

Their survival in some form has never been in doubt, sadly. My attention us more focused on the football authorities. How they manage the situation is what will affect us, as the supporters of other clubs, more than the mere fate of Rangers alone.

I am in no doubt, if the SPL and SFA fail to address the fundamental cheating and corruption that lies behind this sorry saga, then I'm finished with it all.

Radical change must come, and very soon. For many years, we've handed over stupid money for what has never really been fair and honest competition. Surely it is up to us to decide what is acceptable. Whether this is done on a collective or individual basis, a clear message has to be sent. I'm not generally one for grand gestures, so will most likely simply stop attending matches if changes aren't introduced.

I don't consider myself a complete mug. Time to stop whining about it and to start naking some tough decisions.

Oh well.... what a surprise. An 11th hour lifeline - I didn't see that one coming.

Much as the anticipation of their demise has been fun, did people genuinely believe that it would happen, never mind on any specific date?

They are cheats, and are absolutely rotten to the core, but when has that stopped other such businesses prevailing before them?

Their survival in some form has never been in doubt, sadly. My attention us more focused on the football authorities. How they manage the situation is what will affect us, as the supporters of other clubs, more than the mere fate of Rangers alone.

I am in no doubt, if the SPL and SFA fail to address the fundamental cheating and corruption that lies behind this sorry saga, then I'm finished with it all.

Radical change must come, and very soon. For many years, we've handed over stupid money for what has never really been fair and honest competition. Surely it is up to us to decide what is acceptable. Whether this is done on a collective or individual basis, a clear message has to be sent. I'm not generally one for grand gestures, so will most likely simply stop attending matches if changes aren't introduced.

I don't consider myself a complete mug. Time to stop whining about it and to start naking some tough decisions.

spot on!

They're not saved yet, the players wage cuts will be enough to get them to the end of the season presumably but what about the rest? Still needs a buyer, a cva. I think there is still plenty that can go wrong

They're not saved yet, the players wage cuts will be enough to get them to the end of the season presumably but what about the rest? Still needs a buyer, a cva. I think there is still plenty that can go wrong

But surely they need to cut deeper than that. The administrators' duties are to the creditors. They have to cut so much that spare cash is freed up to start clearing debt. Break even is not administration. Any player or other staff member who is surplus to requirements must be fired. That's the rules.

Two players on around 20k a week have agreed to 75% cuts. Allied to Wylde and Celik's wages... How much are the administrators fees to offset against these savings?

How far along the road to saving a million a month are they really at? It's almost as if the Naismith and Whittaker news has caused No8 to think they are saved, and everyone else to think the same.

Did I blink and miss the legal wrangles over money in lawyer's accounts disappear, or the HMRC debt? Did I only dream that Whyte was unfit to own a club, and Rangers have brought football into disrepute? Has Dave King went away? Has secure creditor status been cleared up? Have they suddenly been re-admitted to Europe? Has Paul Murray found 100 million down the back of the sofa? Has the investigation into double-contracts ended? Have they paid Dundee United? .... has all this (and more) been sorted because of Naismith and Whittaker!?

Have the other 10 SPL clubs cancelled their meeting for change, after phoning each other and saying 'Forget it lads, two of them are taking a pay cut, the game's a bogey'.

Perspective. I'm keeping mine!

Phew....I feel much better now after reading that! If I can figure out how to hand out a green dot you've got one coming your way. :D

Edited by Ravelin

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

aye i can see how a couple of guys taking a pay cut has completely saved rangers from the chance of liquidation