Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Sadly, I'm going to miss this weekend's watershed events unfold - I'm flying out in the morning to a beer festival for the weekend. I look forward to catching up on the inevitable 500 pages of posts on my return.

Yer a decent bloke with intelligent posts BUT fail hugely when it comes to the defence of yer bigioed , triamphalist cohorts and the dead team you used to support.

I can't understand anyone with more than 2 braincells to rub together still being a Cevco fan - hence neg on yer pious "better than thou" talk

So, all those fans making repeated threats to never come back to any game ever if Rangers are put in the first....will that also mean you never post on this or any thread ever again?

As much as people are (rightly) LOLing at those on RM this read is looking dangerously like reactionary early threads on RM. Full of indignation, full of threats, full of pumped up rhetoric, full of personal insults to any who doesn't hold their dystopian view. Jim Goodwin came out and said he really loved playing Rangers and wanted them in the first...this obviously made him the biggest c**t ever.

I'll leave out both this thread and Rangers lashing the MSM because that's appropriate either way.

And the biggest crook in the whole story? Giovanni De Stefano. By a fucking mile. Take a bow lad.

I am more than slightly worried about tomorrow, not as confident as most people that the SFL clubs wont change tack after tomorrows meeting. I may be hoping for SFL3 and death but a nagging doubt tells me it will be SFL1 at the very least.

So, all those fans making repeated threats to never come back to any game ever if Rangers are put in the first....will that also mean you never post on this or any thread ever again?

As much as people are (rightly) LOLing at those on RM this read is looking dangerously like reactionary early threads on RM. Full of indignation, full of threats, full of pumped up rhetoric, full of personal insults to any who doesn't hold their dystopian view. Jim Goodwin came out and said he really loved playing Rangers and wanted them in the first...this obviously made him the biggest c**t ever.

I'll leave out both this thread and Rangers lashing the MSM because that's appropriate either way.

And the biggest crook in the whole story? Giovanni De Stefano. By a fucking mile. Take a bow lad.

Deary me, I thought I was pissed tonight

I'm feeling a fair dose of rage after watching Scotland Tonight. Smith and McPherson were absolutely shameless as they plunged the depths of poor argument to defend the indefensible and preserve the status quo. They typify the way in which the media and the administrators cannot conceive of a Scottish game that isn't configured to serve the needs the Old Firm and have a completely different idea about what the good of Scottish football means to the vast majority of those that follow it. Fair play to all those SFL clubs and fans who have refused to take this crap. If SPL2 comes to pass then i know where I'll be watching my football next season.

I am loving our statement. Even more proud to be a wasp after reading it.

Is it just me or does anyone else reckon that violence will kick off at the meeting today? I can see Regan and Doncaster trying to act the big men only for somecunt to put them on their arse.

No chance of SPL.

10% chance of Division 1

No chance of Division 3

90% chance of SPL 2.

That's my take on it, and it will just prove how utterly fucking corrupt beyond any hope of redemption our game is. It's a revolution needed lads, and it's starting tomorrow.

(in my opinion).

Looks like Ewing Grahame has started reading Pn'B and RTC. From today's Torygraph

Rangers in crisis: SFL to cast judgment on Rangers – and the Scottish game's authorities

On Friday morning representatives of the Scottish Football League's clubs will descend on Hampden in order to save the national game from the people currently charged with running it.

Rangers in crisis: SFL to cast judgment on Rangers - and the Scottish game's authorities

By Ewing Grahame

Ostensibly, they will convene to decide whether to allow Charles Green's reanimated Rangers to join their organisation in the First Division or, which is looking increasingly likely, the bottom tier. There is much at stake.

At the last count 17 clubs had expressed their intention not to catapult the newco into the First Division.

That is not an outcome favoured by Stewart Regan and Neil Doncaster, the chief executives of the Scottish Football Association and the Scottish Premier League respectively.

For weeks now they have attempted, with threats and bribes, to persuade the lower orders to comply with their opinion. Which is that, according to Regan, Scottish football will die “a slow, lingering death” (presumably opposed to a fast, lingering death) if Green's Sevco Scotland Ltd is forced to begin life in the Third Division.

One would have expected Regan, as the figurehead of the ultimate governing body, to have remained neutral on this issue.

Instead, following the SPL's decision to refuse to allow the oldco's membership share to be transferred to I-Can't Believe-It's Not-Rangers, he opined: "In the event there wasn't a Rangers, that's got dire consequences for the game and for Scottish society, generally.

"The economic impact and social unrest are all things that could result as an impact of having no Rangers. That matter will be considered next week by the Scottish Football League and, hopefully, there'll be an outcome whereby Rangers will be accepted into Division One of the SFL; which would allow some financial stability for clubs in the country."

It could be argued that the possibility of social unrest (a risible claim, at best) should be of little concern to a man who lives in Yorkshire. However, Regan's statement to the SFL clubs last week, that “we have to put the rule book aside” on the subject of the reborn Rangers was truly breathtaking.

For a man charged with maintaining the probity of the national game to disregard the Scottish League's constitution with such contempt was quite staggering.

His stance would also appear to remove two of the options remaining for the SFA's independent Appellate Panel. On May 29, at the Court of Session, Lord Glennie upheld Rangers' appeal against a 12-month transfer embargo, ruling it to be unlawful and returning the issue to the Tribunal.

Richard Keen, QC, acting for Rangers, argued successfully that the embargo was outwith the powers of the Tribunal, pointing out that a fine, suspension or expulsion from Scottish Football or a ban from entering the Scottish Cup were the sanctions open to them.

With Regan clearly of the belief that the fabric of society would collapse should Green's newco suffer suspension or expulsion from the game (and a fine having already been imposed), that would leave only a ban from the tournament Rangers have failed to win in each of their last three attempts.

Incidentally, the Judicial Panel handed out its punishment on April 23, the Appellate Tribunal upheld their decision on May 16.

Lord Glennie's decision came just 36 days after the Judicial Panel delivered their verdict. Since then 45 days have elapsed with no sign of the Appellate Tribunal meeting again.

Then again, it's now 25 days since Rod McKenzie, of Harper McLeod, the SPL's lawyers, deduced that there was “a prima facie case to answer” in respect of improper registration of players. That investigation, too, appears to have been kicked into the long grass.

Regan and Doncaster, meanwhile, have cobbled together a set of promises in order to persuade SFL clubs to do their bidding and install the club formerly known as Rangers directly into the First Division.

These incentives include a 16-team top tier with play-offs, a one-off payment of £1 million for First Division broadcasting rights and a merged, restructured body renamed the Scottish Professional Football League.

In a joint statement by the three ruling bodies on Wednesday announcing this brave new world, it was claimed that these discussions have been taking place for over two years.

However, only 12 months ago Doncaster and SFL chief executive David Longmuir were telling a Supporters Direct conference at the national stadium that there was no prospect of a 16-team SPL in the foreseeable future because it would cost the game £20 million.

On Friday, in what is likely to be a long and heated meeting, the choice facing the clubs is effectively between short-term financial pragmatism and that much-maligned concept, sporting integrity.

Sevco is not a football club. It is an off-the-shelf company which has never been a member of any league or association, cannot provide audited accounts or even details of their backers.

There also remains the possibility that Rangers' liquidators, BDO, may seek to annul the transaction which saw the Green party take control of the Light Blues.

Yet Doncaster, who faces the awkward task of renegotiating the TV deal with Sky after making it clear how woeful the SPL will be without Rangers, is keeping his fingers crossed that greed will prevail.

The SFL clubs must ensure that it does not. Should they admit Sevco into the First Division Scottish football will become a global laughing stock, its credibility extinguished.

Green's newco could cleanse itself of the sins of the fathers by beginning at the bottom. Rangers' demise also provides a valuable opportunity to restructure the Scottish game. In the happy event that justice is done on Friday, then Regan and Doncaster should have no part to play in that rebuilding.

And to think that only a few days ago Ewing Grahame was still spouting The Succulent Line. Just another spineless, useless, sucker of H*n cock who's suddenly realised which way the wind is blowing.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

'And Smith must score...!' :D

Useless cnut couldnt even get that right

His fuckwitted statement that 'Rangers are a massive institution' just underlines again what a cock this man is

Shall we try this again?

Rangers were a bigger than average football club, granted

Rangers no longer exist

Sevco are a new company, and will be a new club

Sevco therefore need to start where every other new club starts - the bottom rung of the professional ladder (at best)

Sevco currently have approximately 5 players (guesstimate - I readily admit I have no idea how many kids they might have)

Nobody has any idea if Sevco will make it through the first difficult financial year

Nobody knows how many 'Rangers' fans will support Sevco

Nobody knows how successful Sevco might be - or might not

Sevco are not therefore a massive institution

Sevco are no different to every other club in SFL3 - regardless of potential size or potential future success

Finally, if Sevco do come out of this, and their fanbase reduces to the small proportion of genuine football fans that we know do exist on the fringes of the sectarian lunacy, I hope that their true fans enjoy a taste of what football actually should be about - enjoyable days out, banter (not evil bigoted hate-filled invective, but genuine intelligent light-hearted joking), the chance to spend time with mates and finally, and most-importnantly, a true sense of anticipation about the game and the result. If New Rangers can achieve this, and Scottish football reorganises to stop us playing the same teams every fortnight, and their genuine fans get their voice back and our football clubs start playing young, cheap Scottish players then this Summer might just turn out to be the saviour of Scottish football, far from its Armageddon.

Oh, and just one more time...

f**k OFF SMITH

I'll promise to resign and never go to Bayview ever again - just no point. It's a personal choice wankbag of how you view the arrangement of the game solely for Sevco. The authorities had been thinking aboots changes for 2 years but suddenly this came up this week - aye sure. In April Cockwomble said we'd lose £20m from the game if didn't have 10 team SPL - now we're losing £16m by punting Sevco away - I'll take yer £4m cock

Well done to Thommo for his dig at that clown McGowan from the mail.

If you seriously think Rupert Murdoch is more important than the fans then we should just pack up now,and turn Ibrox and Celtic park into carparks.I hope hundreds of thousands of fans turn up tomorrow at Hampden
Edited by Forever Diamond

Thanks for that, a little bit more would have been nice -

Around six minutes in Archie states that Rangers fans know that Rangers will survive, it's as if he's mocking these diddy clubs that he reckons are about to go to the wall .... clubs that have managed for decades without seeing the Old Firm and clubs that have already out lasted the once mighty Gers.

and what's with this 'hatred' argument ... if Hibs went tits up and the newco wanted to go straight into the SPL I'd be against it, same as if they wanted to go into the First .... same if it was Aberdeen, Motherwell, Dundee ..... anyone !!!!!!!!!

Can you just no see that it's feckin WRONG Archie ??

And Smith banging on about Newco having been in 4 European Finals .... they aint played ONE FECKIN GAME Gordon - none, zip, nada !!

There are far to many idiots involved in our game, far far to many.