Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I just want the fuckin League cup to be drawn

Funnily enough, I just want Regan and Doncaster to be drawn....and hung and quartered at either side.

We are now largely sharing a collective disgust at the position to which our game has been allowed to fall. This has gone way beyond the misdeeds of David Murray and Craig Whyte. The lack of leadership and personal and professional integrity demonstrated by the people who head up the governing bodies in this country in recent months is utterly shameful. I can't remember the last time anyone on here referred to Duff & Phelps. These guys now seem like bit players. Christ, even Charles Green has been getting an easy ride of late, such is the extent to which Doncaster and Regan (in particular, but not exclusively) have taken centre stage in what has become the most ignominious chapter in the history of football in Scotland.

This^^

It's unbelievable how this is being reported but it seems clear to me that the vote today is whether or not to allow Sevco into the SFL. This is assumed to be at SFL3 level unless the SFL board agree to a deal to allow them into SFL 1.

In a word......... NO!

You are aware that of the seven member SFL board, three of them are already thought to favour Sevco going straight to the SFL1 and that Longmuir will have the casting vote.

In two words.....STITCH UP!

Correct probably about fifteen hunner pages ago we were up in arms that it wouldn't go to a vote but would be up to the board. It did go to a vote despite the best efforts of doncaster to get it delayed

Spot on.

People seem to have forgotten that the SPL clubs voted to take the decision out of the hands of the SPL board. The board decision would have seen Doncaster and Topping voting "Yes" and would have needed just one more vote out of 4 to let Newco back in.

The SPL clubs also voted against Doncaster's plan to include set punishments for newcos in the SPL, a move which would have legitimised the procedure.

The clubs may have been expecting an SFL1 place to go to Rangers, and may have been scheming behind the scenes to try and get it, but it's daft to suggest that Doncaster has their complete backing given what has gone before.

“@LawTop20: My Scottish contacts tell me that 2 senior figures in Scottish football will be asked to resign after the vote.”

“@alextomo: Turnbull Hutton Raith R chairman - perhaps it's time to consider new faces at the top of Scottish football”

Grant Russell@STVGrant Scot Gardiner: We [Dundee] were told 10 days ago we were conflicted. We got an email at 4.55pm last night saying Dundee had to vote.

Desperate times, desperate measures from the SFL dry.gif

Colin Paterson ‏@CP_acadvertiser

AMB says Airdrie fans "will not be disappointed by the club's decision" this morning.

Collapse

Retweeted

Favorite

So thats a YES to Newco!!

No, I'd read that as a NO, cos then AU get promoted. What's the other side?

Anyone know what way this going today? Is it to close to call?

No. There is no way Sevco can win a vote to gain entry into SFL1.

Today's vote is in reality pointless. The outcome is decided. It's the manoevres afterwards which will now be of interest.

I genuinely can't see sevco get more than a couple of yes votes for div1. The vote will be another, in a long line of embarrassments for Reagan and Doncaster. Like previously mentioned though, what will these fuckwits come up with next. Im now in the camp still expecting to see sevco plying their trade in the 1st or 2nd tier of Scottish football

In diddys we trust

Not true The sfl have followed their rules

Well lets see, if they stick to them:

Currently stating that a majority required for resolution 1 - Not the case, Change to Rule 5 regarding constitution of the league requires use of rule 60 and therefore needs 75% (if Sevco are admitted without Dun* resigning first)

Resolution 2 - new rule so simple majority required.

Resolution 3 - Requires implementation of Rule 12 - 66% needed.

Also the SFL have already stated that there is a "leap of faith". Please direct me to the rule regarding this in http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/docs/SFL_Constitution_and_Rules.pdf

Just a thought:

Could some enterprising soul come up with scarves of a particular colour which we could wear when visiting "no" clubs to show solidarity?

That could be a great wee way for clubs to earn some additional income.

Also think fans should spend an extra pound more than they usually do at every game, a pie, snack,drink, programme or whatever else you don't usually buy could just stop teams tipping over the edge.

Edited by ayrmad

Just a thought:

Could some enterprising soul come up with scarves of a particular colour which we could wear when visiting "no" clubs to show solidarity?

Royal Blue doesn't conflict with any existing club, if it helps.

Edited by Baxter Parp

Grant Russell@STVGrant To clarify: Dundee were told at 4.51pm last night they had to vote, having previously been told they were conflicted.

Expand

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline" >

It was surprising that Rangers oldco could vote on SPL newco entry, so maybe no huge shock Dundee and Airdrie can vote on SFL newco entry.