Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I make a point of not reading your drivel usually as it usually relates to trying to get the first post on certain pages but this is a beauty and i am glad i made an exception... Thick as pig shit.

I especially liked the bit about 'English Redcoats'...That would be the British Government troops that put down the Jacobite rebellion but hey don't let facts get in the way of your uneducated rant.

Similar to the current government of Syria putting down their rebellion or Egypt etc.?

You have to put perspective on it - if you are Scottish then they were freedom fighters. If you are an uneducated colonialist, then I can see how you would view it as something to be excused. Much like your own club, many lowland Scots sold their soul to the English.

Will be great having teams fighting to get relegated :)

Surely the money from the couple of games will be small pickings compared to the TV Deal. Its going to be at least 2m each season, combined with the added sponsorship from the league that will attract, its not impossible that we could be looking at the SFL in total reaching 5m or more.

This thread should be dumped in the third division forum in the interests of sporting integrity!!! It's only being left here to pander to the rich kids of the SPL. A thread about any other club in similar circumstances would have been relegated without another thought

We need to mobilise if it's not and organise a boycott of Pie and Bovril. Who is this guy Div anyway?

If its not moved we should all walk away from Scottish football for good! :rolleyes:

Daily P&B EXCLUSIVE

"Div Womble Suggests Forum Reconstruction"

Forum Won't Survive without Banner Sponsorship Deal which Demands Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread in SPL Forum!

Isn't ginger that other lot? :o

Sorry, let me explain, mibbe "ginger" as used needs translation for our Oriental cousins (in Fife, Dundeh, Eberdeen, Edinburgh, etc), "ginger" in the Wild West is a generic term for fizzy pop, so Coca Cola, Irn Bru, Vimto, own brand lemonade, etc, would all be options in the question "Gonnae gie's a slug o' yir ginger?". It was not meant to refer to the actual tint of the material used to manufacture said glass container.

Edited by Happy Buddie

I heard it rumoured tha Charles was going to take the title Greene King. For obvious reasons. :lol:

Edit to add: Charles I was a Par as he was born in Dunfermline. :)

naw he wisnae, he was a Rosyth Rec fan laugh.gif

often spotted in the Gladjerlaugh.gif

I heard it rumoured tha Charles was going to take the title Greene King. For obvious reasons. :lol:

Edit to add: Charles I was a Par as he was born in Dunfermline. :)

Aye, and my Dad (born in Cowdenbeath) told me Pontius Pilate was a Fifer ('cos his dad was stationed there in the Roman Legion) . :huh:

Pilate was a teuchter from Fortingall(up Aberfeldy way) according to legendcool.gif

Was that where he was born? Or brought up? Or went to school? What school did he go to? Might have a bearing on his judgements in later life..........no, I shouldn't do that, might descend into the kind of pish we had here yesterday...don't bother to answer.

According to one very authoritative documentary I saw on the origins of Christianity, he had a very serious speech impediment.

Edited by Happy Buddie

Was that where he was born? Or brought up? Or went to school? What school did he go to? Might have a bearing on his judgements in later life..........no, I shouldn't do that, might descend into the kind of pish we had here yesterday...don't bother to answer.

According to one very authoritative documentary I saw on the origins of Christianity, he had a very serious speech impediment.

bornlaugh.gif

Similar to the current government of Syria putting down their rebellion or Egypt etc.?

You have to put perspective on it - if you are Scottish then they were freedom fighters. If you are an uneducated colonialist, then I can see how you would view it as something to be excused. Much like your own club, many lowland Scots sold their soul to the English.

Rose tinted history forum for this pish.

You've been listening to too many Corries' songs, it was a civil war, not a war of independence.

I have always thought his family

came from Penzance.

Edited by cyderspaceman

I hate to disillusion the Orc hordes, but this is unlikely to go the way they hope.

Prince Albert did not become King Albert - he became King George VI.

It has been mentioned the Price Charles is likely to take the name King George VII after his grandfather. (King Charles I caused the English Civil War and as a result is responsible for the only time that England ever experimented with being a republic, and King Charles II was a closet catholic (NOT a good thing in English politics at that time) and a compulsive womaniser. So there is some informed speculation that he might choose to be King George VII instead (his names are Charles Philip Arthur George.)

Seems unlikely Prince William will become King William given the connotations.

Why? I thought Wills was a gay icon.

I hate to disillusion the Orc hordes, but this is unlikely to go the way they hope.

Prince Albert did not become King Albert - he became King George VI.

It has been mentioned the Price Charles is likely to take the name King George VII after his grandfather. (King Charles I caused the English Civil War and as a result is responsible for the only time that England ever experimented with being a republic, and King Charles II was a closet catholic (NOT a good thing in English politics at that time) and a compulsive womaniser. So there is some informed speculation that he might choose to be King George VII instead (his names are Charles Philip Arthur George.)

Seems unlikely Prince William will become King William given the connotations.

Yes, every Charlie has proven a proper Charlie, and every William that's sat on the Westminster throne has found himself involved in some sort of spat involving the church (William the Conqueror, Papal banner at Hastings; William Rufus, accused of occult dabblings; William of Orange, "Glorious Revolution", Papal Banner at The Boyne, unratified Treaty Of Limerick, etc; "Silly Billy" the Fourth, end of the Church Of Ireland's mass tithe fiddling).

William V will probably come about simply because Wills and Kate is such a good "brand name" to sell our Royals to the rest of the world. The severe wrong footing that Sinn Fein got from the Queen last year also proved that even in the island of Ireland the whole British monarchy issue isn't as much of the big deal it once was except with an ever shrinking band of wackjobs.

Martin McGuinness said mischievously on Question Time a few years back that wouldn't it be funny if he sometime in the future found himself as First Minister Of Northern Ireland shaking hands with a King William directly descended from Charles II (which Wills is, via his mum). If he and Ian Paisley can end up being labelled the Chuckle Brothers, anything's possible - like Rangers going bankrupt and being thrown into Division 3.

Oh wait...