Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Aberdeen supporters have their say:

link

Think that sums things up perfectly for me,

These guys used to be AFC Trust who was quite powerful and got Willie Miller and Chris Gavin on the board. Not sure if they agree with that decision now with Willie Miller but i know they still have meetings with those at the club. About a month ago changed name to Dons Supporters Together.

It's not a PR disaster for the SFA; more for the previous owners of the club, i.e. those who decided spending £150m or thereabouts more than they earned over a 12 period was a good idea.

Cobblers. Not only is it a PR disaster for the SFA, but for the SPL as well in this case. They are supposed to be the regulators, after all.

Cobblers. Not only is it a PR disaster for the SFA, but for the SPL as well in this case. They are supposed to be the regulators, after all.

Regulators with what powers exactly ? Which powers did they exercise to prevent Rangers from outspending their means ? what powers did they exercise to prevent Romanov from buying Hearts ?

None......and even if they did the seemingly deemed unfit and unproper person would just put some puppet in place to do his bidding.

Regulators with what powers exactly ? Which powers did they exercise to prevent Rangers from outspending their means ? what powers did they exercise to prevent Romanov from buying Hearts ?

None......and even if they did the seemingly deemed unfit and unproper person would just put some puppet in place to do his bidding.

Actually, that would be why it's a PR disaster for them. They look ineffective and foolish and they didn't even use their limited powers to block Whyte or investigate what the previous regime was doing.

Thanks for playing.

Alex Thomson has tweeted that he has spoken to the SFA, as follows:

• SFA told #c4news Campbell Ogilvie 'did not know' about EBT contract when he was Rangers FC secretary?
  • When we asked why not - thaty was his job - SFA said they didn't know.
  • Interesting SFA have just accused me of 'lying', 'pig-headedness' and then put the phone down mid-conversation....
  • all because I put their own statement back to them that Campbell Ogilvie denied knowing about EBTs at Rangers...
  • And suggested there might be a perceived conflict of interest in his current position until the investigations are complete

To make this even more of a soap opera, Stewart Regan has just tweeted Thomson :lol:

Stewart M. Regan ‏ @StewartRegan

@alextomo Please could you confirm who you have spoken to. thank you.

Edited by Colin M

Actually, that would be why it's a PR disaster for them. They look ineffective and foolish and they didn't even use their limited powers to block Whyte or investigate what the previous regime was doing.

Thanks for playing.

As I said..........A PR disaster they were powerless to stop. But hey......lets make it a PR disaster for World football since its Rangers !

If It took how long for even the SFA to stick their heads above the parapet and make any form of statement.......chances of Fifa or UEFA?

Thanks for your transparent bawbaggery.

As I said..........A PR disaster they were powerless to stop. But hey......lets make it a PR disaster for World football since its Rangers !

Not powerless at all, all they had to do was set up an investigation of the same type that just found Whyte to be unfit. The fact that they buried their heads in the sand doesn't mean they couldn't do anything.

If It took how long for even the SFA to stick their heads above the parapet and make any form of statement.......chances of Fifa or UEFA?

UEFA have a long history of sticking their nebbs in when they think it's necessary, no doubt they're waiting to see what happens first.

Thanks for your transparent bawbaggery.

I don't know what your problem is, but you're welcome.

On Dave King's pledges to back the Barron Knights

@mikefstv: South African tax authorities look into Rangers takeover pledge by director Dave King http://t.co/6YUvvJWy

@mikefstv: Sars also confirmed they are still pursuing Rangers director King for 2.7bn rand (around £227m) tax from 1990-2001 http://t.co/6YUvvJWy

Edited by chico

Not powerless at all, all they had to do was set up an investigation of the same type that just found Whyte to be unfit. The fact that they buried their heads in the sand doesn't mean they couldn't do anything.

ok...say they did have their investigation prior to Whyte taking over.........would they have stopped him buying the club ? No and even more so anyone wish to buy Rangers now as it would be far more embarrassing for the SFA to try stop someone buy them and thus allow them to go to the wall.

UEFA have a long history of sticking their nebbs in when they think it's necessary, no doubt they're waiting to see what happens first.

UEFA's silence is certainly deafening with the Portsmouth situation.......don't recall them saying much about Gretna, Livingston, Dundee (twice) nor Motherwell.

I don't know what your problem is, but you're welcome.

I've not for one moment argued that the situation isn't embarrassing for all involved.......my arguement is that the SFA can sabre rattle about "fit & proper" all they wish but legally they are very limited.

On Dave King's pledges to back the Barron Knights

@mikefstv: South African tax authorities look into Rangers takeover pledge by director Dave King http://t.co/6YUvvJWy

@mikefstv: Sars also confirmed they are still pursuing Rangers director King for 2.7bn rand (around £227m) tax from 1990-2001 http://t.co/6YUvvJWy

The Barron Knights? That takes me back! biggrin.gif What age are you, anyway?

snapback.pngchico, on 13 March 2012 - 11:53, said:On Dave King's pledges to back the Barron Knights

The Barron Knights? That takes me back! biggrin.gif What age are you, anyway?

biggrin.gif Shouldn't that be BarrEN ! laugh.gif

Edited by GreenockRover

ok...say they did have their investigation prior to Whyte taking over.........would they have stopped him buying the club ? No and even more so anyone wish to buy Rangers now as it would be far more embarrassing for the SFA to try stop someone buy them and thus allow them to go to the wall.

You're confused..willfully not using their powers or not using them properly isn't the same as being powerless. I would suggest that the SFA should do everything they can to make sure it doesn't happen again and ensure that they have the cleanest hands in Scotland. Whether they do so is up to them.

UEFA's silence is certainly deafening with the Portsmouth situation.......don't recall them saying much about Gretna, Livingston, Dundee (twice) nor Motherwell.

What did they have to do with UEFA?

I've not for one moment argued that the situation isn't embarrassing for all involved.......my arguement is that the SFA can sabre rattle about "fit & proper" all they wish but legally they are very limited.

Not really, they can expel clubs if they want. There's lots they can do in the right circumstances, the question is are they willing?

"The authority to impose sanctions is contained in Article 112 of the Scottish FA Articles of Association which states that a club failing to comply with the requirements of National Club Licensing shall be liable to a fine, suspension, expulsion, or a combination of these penalties or such other penalties, sanctions or conditions as is considered appropriate in the circumstances."

There you go.

Edited by Baxter Parp

You're confused..willfully not using their powers or not using them properly isn't the same as being powerless. I would suggest that the SFA should do everything they can to make sure it doesn't happen again and ensure that they have the cleanest hands in Scotland. Whether they do so is up to them.

What did they have to do with UEFA?

Not really, they can expel clubs if they want. There's lots they can do in the right circumstances, the question is are they willing?

"The authority to impose sanctions is contained in Article 112 of the Scottish FA Articles of Association which states that a club failing to comply with the requirements of National Club Licensing shall be liable to a fine, suspension, expulsion, or a combination of these penalties or such other penalties, sanctions or conditions as is considered appropriate in the circumstances."

There you go.

As far as the press, media outlets, polititians, SFA, et all are concerned.... RFC's survivability is the ONLY concern.... mad.gif

You can penalise them all you like, for as long as you want.....whilst they, and their ugly sister, remain within our society.... 'we' will always have cancer and be condemned to chemotherapy for the rest of our lives.

Put your jelly and ice cream in the bin ya clowns - or - then again - maybe gers fans should START posting jelly and ice cream gifs too ? puke.gif