Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Francis Devine ‏@Devine75Devine

@DEVILSADVOKAT Can you tell me if RFC PLC still own rangers media rights.

GIOVANNI DI STEFANO ‏@DEVILSADVOKAT

@Devine75Devine well RFC PLC is still operational company

Is this part of the hold up?

He's a radge, how can a company on the verge of liquidation still be operational?

He's a radge, how can a company on the verge of liquidation still be operational?

To be honest, if someone with a hypothetical £150m came in, the old company could be saved. Of course, it's sold its assets, but in theory the company could continue.

I definitely think they are waiting until the opening of the olympics to sneak in a wee statement that they are letting them in but if they ever, ever, ever, ever do that again they will be dealt with severely. And this time they mean it!!! dry.gif

To be honest, if someone with a hypothetical £150m came in, the old company could be saved. Of course, it's sold its assets, but in theory the company could continue.

I think it is shite because the TV rights were an SPL deal not exclusively rangers.

I definitely think they are waiting until the opening of the olympics to sneak in a wee statement that they are letting them in but if they ever, ever, ever, ever do that again they will be dealt with severely. And this time they mean it!!! dry.gif

Severely? Surely not confiscating Sally's half time pies?

I thought it was the league that held the media rights, not the club?

A club holds its own media rights, in the case of say friendlies, however in all competitions of any meaning... SPL, SFL, Scottish Cup, League Cup, Challenge Cup, UEFA tournaments, they're centrally exploited, yep.

But they're not in a league.

Sevco are, they're in SFL.

They are applying for necessary SFA permission to transfer an asset... SFA membership... from OldCo to NewCo.

And logically OldCo don't hold any stand-alone media rights relating to any SFA competition (i.e. the Scottish Cup) anyway? It's current SFA membership = central Scottish Cup exploitation.

Edited by HibeeJibee