Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers have had fantastic crowds and to date no sign of declineTheir fans deserve credit for that

Yeh I agree to be fair.

For them though its just cannon fodder, the same as it was in the SPL for so many years. We will see what happens if they lose 5 in a row at some stage over the next couple of years.

Rangers have had fantastic crowds and to date no sign of declineTheir fans deserve credit for that

Let's wait until they have a really bad run, which will in all probability happen in a higher league than this one. Even at the top level, the fans are not known for being all that "loyal" when they're not humping everybody in sight. They've certainly got the highest proportion of early departures I've ever seen if a game looks like it's getting away from them, and that doesn't appear to have changed if the ICT game is anything to go by.

Fair play to them for rallying round and buying the STs/Paying at the gate, mind - it's all they have left. Even if it looks to the rest of Scotland as if they are potential victims in another massive scam - it's not like anybody's warned them, is it?

Rangers have fantastic crowds at the moment because their fans are reacting to their persecution complex - the same one that Charles Green has so gleefully exploited. If the quality of football on offer was directly related to the attendance then Ibrox would have about 1500 there.

You can't say that the 50k fans in attendance yesterday departed after defeating the mighty Peterhead 2-0 and thought "brilliant game."

You can't say that the 50k fans in attendance yesterday departed after defeating the mighty Peterhead 2-0 and thought "brilliant game."

No, most were thinking ''whats for tea mum? Can I stay up past 7 tonight?'' or ''Nurse!!! I've pished maself again. Have you seen ma Wurthers?''

Hey, it's not just an offer for Wallace, it's turned into a deal including concluding David 'Cooper' Templetons' transfer as well!

What are the chances of Hearts (or their admins/liquidators) putting Sevco into admin over these outstanding debts?

Who'll single handedly save the Green Knight, Brian Kennedy? Never heard from him in a while. LOL.

Greens attitude to the Rangers fans who have nothing left to hold onto bar his pontifications.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

That video was superb kiddy, the zombies to a fine T under the spell of Chucky! Sorry, i've no green dots left, i owe you one. smile.gif

With your club's track record it's to be expected surely.

Any grubby little morsel of filth will be picked up and thrown at your club with relentless frequency from now until infinity I'd imagine.

And rightly so.

Nae bother - we're more than capable of handing it back.

Especially to a sordid diddy outfit like the Hivs.

I attended the Peterhead game yesterday and left feeling "what a great day" ;)

How many fans were at the Killie game yesterday?

I bet you were one of the P & B posters predicting 10-15k crowds, that went well :lol:

So you're one of these ones that mocks people for supporting their local club, despite turning up at a south west Glasgow club surrounded by people from all over Scotland wearing the same colours. Tell me, do you ever stop and think why it is that Rangers can attract 50k every week while Clyde had to move home, Third Lanark went out of business and Queens Park struggle to beat triple figures? Because we all know the answer. What's your thoughts?

I mock you purely because you deserved it, your last post was asking for it

It is perfectly normal for a city the size of Glasgow to have some well supported teams, it is the same as every other major city in the UK ;)

Bigotry & glory hunting....Simples.

Nae bother - we're more than capable of handing it back.

Especially to a sordid diddy outfit like the Hivs.

Although in "The Rangers" case it's more than likely to be true and guilt before innocence will always be assumed.

Pretty difficult for me to converse with someone who sees fit to label Hibs as "Hivs" tbh. That's playground talk.

I'd rather speak to an adult, so I'll leave it there.

So what is new? its been the same story for the past 140 years, please dont change ;)

Whereas before it might have been heresay and speculation, now we know that such allegations have more than an off chance of being true.

After all, they have done much, much, worse.

It is perfectly normal for a city the size of Glasgow to have some well supported teams, it is the same as every other major city in the UK ;)

Apart from Aberdeen where the male population spend more of their time indulging in shagging sheep than they do supporting their club. smile.gif

They don't seem to turn up in their droves in Belfast, for some reason - is there somewhere else Ulster fans would rather be?

Sir Walter has taken the cash and is now on the Board :lol:

Just in time for the titles to be stripped smile.gif

Edit to add:- When the fans find out him and Ally helped Green to rip the fans off with the share issue will they both still be considered Legneds?

Edited by Umbungo1874

The Rangers Football Club today announced the appointment of two non-executive directors to the Club’s board of directors.

Former Manager Walter Smith and Ian Hart take their place on the board of directors with immediate effect.

Walter Smith commented: “It is a great privilege to serve the Club that means so much to me in the capacity of non-executive director.

“Serious constructive efforts are being made to rebuild Rangers after a very difficult period in the Club’s history and if I can play a part helping that process, I am willing to do so. Apart from being a former manager of the Club, I am first and foremost a supporter and am no different from the many thousands of other Rangers fans who have shown they’re willing to do what they can to ensure Rangers rises again.

“I must make it clear, however, that I will not be playing any role in the day-to-day running of the Club or the team. It’s the manager’s job to run the team and the chief executive’s job to run the Club’s affairs. The role I will fulfil is to bring my experience of Rangers and football in general to the board table and that is what I will do.

“The people who purchased the Club have shown over the last few months they are serious in their intentions to rebuild Rangers and I am happy, as many other fans have done, to lend my support.”

Ian Hart, a retired Glasgow businessman, commented: “The board felt there was a need to bring in people with background and experience in the West of Scotland and I am happy to play my part. I have been a supporter of the Club and youth development programme, in particular, for a very long time and I think this is an area that will become increasingly important to all clubs in years to come.”

Manager Ally McCoist said: “I am delighted to see Walter involved in the Club again. He brings tremendous experience, he has done it all and is a Rangers man through and through. His presence will be a huge benefit to the Club. I also support Ian’s appointment to the board as he has done a lot for the youth squad over the years.”

Chief Executive Charles Green said: “As head of the executive team at the Club, it is extremely important to have a board that has the respect of investors and Rangers supporters. The consortium I led to buy the Club are not Rangers people but there could be none better than Walter and Ian to fill that void and we are delighted they have agreed to become non-executive directors to broaden the skills and qualifications of the board.”

Chairman Malcolm Murray added: “The board and management are delighted that Walter and Ian are joining the board. They bring integrity, wisdom, experience and excellent contacts and will ensure the highest standards of ethics and governance are maintained.”

The board of The Rangers Football Club Ltd comprises: Malcolm Murray, chairman (non-executive) Charles Green, chief executive, Brian Stockbridge, finance director, Walter Smith (non-executive), Ian Hart (non-executive).

Just in time for the titles to be stripped smile.gif

Edit to add:- When the fans find out him and Ally helped Green to rip the fans off with the share issue will they both still be considered Legneds?

My first thought was the Share Issue :D

Rangers have fantastic crowds at the moment because their fans are reacting to their persecution complex - the same one that Charles Green has so gleefully exploited. If the quality of football on offer was directly related to the attendance then Ibrox would have about 1500 there.

You support your team through good and bad, even poor games - it's what being a fan is all about pally.

Have fun munching crisps at Rugby Park.