Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

That doesn't address my point though. No matter what the BBC said at the time, do you not think the question still should be asked?

Ranges fans have a long history of being unable to interpret situations correctly. They've never been very good at joining the dots. Do you not fear that that you've all fallen into the same trap again? Should you not be seeking assurances before welcoming anyone into your new organisation who may or may not be toxic?

To be perfectly honest i'm suspicious of anyone coming into the club at this point in time but exactly what assurances could we seek re;Walter Smith,"question,was he an EBT recipient;answer,no". Unless there is 100% unchallengeable proof then where can the support go on this. Sometimes you have to go on trust and reputation,which to be fair Smith by all accounts is a very reputable person. Unless the support receives a list of recipients that is 100% bang on without fear of challenge then what is their options. For what it's worth,as much as i respect Smith for what he brought to the clu success wise in both his tenures,i would prefer the club would have moved away from the old regime into a new era and that includes McCoist as manager.

To be perfectly honest i'm suspicious of anyone coming into the club at this point in time but exactly what assurances could we seek re;Walter Smith,"question,was he an EBT recipient;answer,no". Unless there is 100% unchallengeable proof then where can the support go on this. Sometimes you have to go on trust and reputation,which to be fair Smith by all accounts is a very reputable person. Unless the support receives a list of recipients that is 100% bang on without fear of challenge then what is their options. For what it's worth,as much as i respect Smith for what he brought to the clu success wise in both his tenures,i would prefer the club would have moved away from the old regime into a new era and that includes McCoist as manager.

I want the MSM to ask the question of both him, & McCoist for that matter, & to hear the answer from the horses mouths. ;)

Everyone, & their dog, had their hand in the till, down to the lowest levels. Of the names put forward as recipients, of the scheme, theirs were the only two missing. Two of the "greatest Rangers ever", now why are people suspicious of that? :rolleyes:

Ibrox may be bouncing, but while you see that as a great thing, I see it as a skewed and divisive feature of Scottish football.

A packed Ibrox rocking out (Saturday was spectacular) is viewed as a divisive feature of Scottish football?

laugh.gif

Thon's some angsty fucking chip on your shoulder - you have to be one of the plastics.

Edit - are you the wee brother of the board WKR (© Dhensebhore)?

Edited by Bendarroch

Can't be bothered trawling back through, but could somebody post the linkage as to reasons why liquidators can overturn company sales to previous management/directors, under the guise of phoenix/newco's? :rolleyes:

Linky This would do. And another one

I thought he was born in Wisbit's crack.

Oh the childish Insults. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Bairnforever1992

<br />To be perfectly honest i'm suspicious of anyone coming into the club at this point in time but exactly what assurances could we seek re;Walter Smith,"question,was he an EBT recipient;answer,no". Unless there is 100% unchallengeable proof then where can the support go on this.  Sometimes you have to go on trust and reputation,which to be fair Smith by all accounts is a very reputable person. Unless the support receives a list of recipients that is 100% bang on without fear of challenge then what is their options. For what it's worth,as much as i respect Smith for what he brought to the clu success wise in both his tenures,i would prefer the club would have moved away from the old regime into a new era and that includes McCoist as manager.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

So there's no point in asking the question?

As far as I can see, the question hasn't even been asked though. THAT is the the problem with the rangers support, they are afraid to ask the pertinent questions. Whether or not there is any way of proving categorically either way it the moment s irrelevant. Surely the answer to that question is very important, whatever the answer is?

As far as I can see, the question hasn't even been asked though. THAT is the the problem with the rangers support, they are afraid to ask the pertinent questions. Whether or not there is any way of proving categorically either way it the moment s irrelevant. Surely the answer to that question is very important, whatever the answer is?

That they are tax evading cheating c***s?

Questions for you

Do you think Walter Smith is a stupid man?

Do you think he loves Rangers Football club?

Sorry Tedi, power ran out just as it was getting interesting and I too tired to go to genny shed :(

No, I do not think he is a stupid man. The fact that he didn't take the EBT payment when it had been authorised for him proves that. Cunning maybe a better word.

Yes, I think he loves Rangers Football Club, and that has clouded his mind with the new club.

Can't be arsed checking but did he ever have a Board role in the old club? If so that gives the HMRC an easy link to newco. Not matter in the long run right enough.

I will refer to NI as a country if I want(1), plenty of people do, but quite frankly I don't give a shit if I am right or wrong, It is on wiki and that is good enough for me(2), if you think Wiki is wrong I suggest you write to them in your infinite wisdom and ask them to change it....but until this I would rather believe wiki than you

http://en.wikipedia...._United_Kingdom

http://en.wikipedia....nd#descriptions

And you are slipping back to direct insults again, I have not insulted you, why do you feel the need to insult me?(3)

@topic Walter is an intelligent guy he also loves Rangers Football club(4), I am sure he would have asked for many assurances before jumping in with CG, I hope he now pushes for more transparency

1. But you didn't - you referred to it as a COUNTY.

2. rolleyes.gif

3. Direct insult? Not this time, Tedi.

4. He loved rangers, and he wished the new rangers football club all the best. Does that fit with your view?

1352674770[/url]' post='6796911']

If you're looking for 'brilliant games' then don't go to football. Most games are so-so. However, if you want a good afternoon out then go and watch Scotland's best-supported team. Ibrox was bouncing yet again yesterday.

Except the animals were all fighting with each other againlaugh.gif

That's an odd reply. I do not give a f**k what school you went to. I also don't care who your father or grandfather were. I have 3 kids. Their maternal grandfather isn't Scottish. Neither is their mother. There is just nothing divisive about a bouncing Ibrox. It's just a group of people enjoying The Rangers.

Why do you find this a problem?

Mister Ten Percent.

Can't be bothered trawling back through, but could somebody post the linkage as to reasons why liquidators can overturn company sales to previous management/directors, under the guise of phoenix/newco's? :rolleyes:

Linky This would do. And another one

I liked this one on Phoenix companies

Transfer of assets, or sale of the assets by the liquidator to a new company or connected officer of the company, possibly at a lower than expected value. This may include transfer of work in progress.

as opposed to the view on successor companies

A successor company will generally pay more for the assets of the liquidated company resulting in higher dividends to creditors.

<br /><br /><br />

Of course there is a point in asking the question and it may well have been asked although to my knowledge i don't know if any support group have asked the question. However what may be more relevant is that Smith and McCoist being possibly the two most high profile figures at the club in the last 20 years i would imagine that if they had received an EBT then surely their names would have arisen during any investigation.

After all such names as Murray,McLeish,Ogilvie,Greig,Advocaat,Ferguson,Bain came to the fore,i would think it's fair to say if Smith and McCoist were recipients no doubt being such high profile as they are their names would have came forwad also. As well as that no doubt after the BBC going public with the list they and any other media outlet would be searching very intently on both Smith and McCoist. The fact that nothing has been found may be significant that they were not recipients.

Edited by youngsy

Yeah I always considered Walter to be both intelligent and cunning, I would hope he has only come on board having been furnished and satisfied with all the relevant facts he needs to make sure this does in the long run does not tarnish his reputation, he must surely realise that his appointment will be a huge green light for those wanting to invest, for me though even this appointment will not persuade me to part with my cash, only a full FSA endorsed prospectus as promised by CG will convince me

As far as I am aware Walter was not a director in the old club and as such not a cause for the Phoenix signal, however the statement issued by HMRC when they refused the CVA clearly shows to me that they are fully aware that Rangers would continue to play football at Ibrox even though it is being run by a different company

unsure.gif

In full: HMRC statement on Rangers CVA rejection, STV, 12 June 2012 13:27 BST - http://local.stv.tv/...-cva-rejection/

Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs on Rangers:

"A liquidation provides the best opportunity to protect taxpayers, by allowing the potential investigation and pursuit of possible claims against those responsible for the company's financial affairs in recent years.

"A CVA would restrict the scope of such action. Moreover the liquidation route does not prejudice the proposed sale of the club.

"This sale can take place either through a CVA or a liquidation.

"So the sale is not being undermined, it simply takes a different route.

"Liquidation will enable a sale of the football assets to be made to a new company, thereby ensuring that football will continue at Ibrox.

"It also means that the new company will be free from claims or litigation in a way which would not be achievable with a CVA.

"Rangers can make a fresh start."