Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Thanks for digging it up

(1) Clearly shows that HMRC see that it was the club that was sold

(2) & (3) Clearly shows they knew that the club Rangers would continue to play Football at Ibrox

I can't argue against that Tedi. It does appear that way when reading those quotes and watching the video linked.

Personally, i'm happy with how things have turned out and will just wait to see what develops in regards to the ongoing investigations and their results. For the moment, 'Rangers 2012' playing in Division Three during the brutally freezing cold winter months ahead will have to do on the laughs front. smile.gif

Green on Talksport this morning almost begging people to invest in the "Rangers story"

If I were a Sevco loyalist, I'd trust him about as much as Craig Whyte, but then again they did trust Whyte.

I disagree. I think it is now time for all of the supporters of Rangers 2012 to back Chucky with every spare pound that they have in their pockets.

<br /><br /><br />

More whataboutery. You can't excuse the incompetence of the Rangers support on the basis that the BBC haven't mentioned it. Not much point in taking this discussion any further, you have suitable evidenced the Rangers mentality. Time will tell if you are right or wrong in your gung-ho support of Sir Walter.

Where's the whataboutery? You asked, have questions been asked on Smith by the support. You got your answer plus added to that the fact that nothing has been evidenced that he was a recipient by any investigation. I think that gives you the answer that it's unlikely he received an EBT. Also try reading my previous posts to see if i have given gung-ho support on Smith being back at Ibrox. Think you'll find you're wrong on that.

It's very obvious to myself though that you are hoping to find something on Smith being a recipient through questions from the support when it's evident that the man would have been named by Daly if he was a recipient,nothing was found so why the need for questions from any support group.

That's an odd reply. I do not give a f**k what school you went to. I also don't care who your father or grandfather were. I have 3 kids. Their maternal grandfather isn't Scottish. Neither is their mother. There is just nothing divisive about a bouncing Ibrox. It's just a group of people enjoying The Rangers.

Why do you find this a problem?

Are you denying that a large percentage of the Rangers support are anti-Catholic and anti-Irish?

My problem lies with the decades of chants such as "The Billy Boys," "are you watching ****** scum," the "famine song" and "no Pope of Rome."

All songs we've all heard emanating from the Ibrox faithful over the years. Simply because media pressure and UEFA fines have moved it to away matches doesn't mean the problem has gone away. Either that or your fellow bears just sing those songs for a laugh?

As was noted during the League Cup final a few years ago, this isn't some insignificant small minority - this is the majority of your support!

If you are as you say then great, but your refusal to admit a problem with the majority of your support is concerning.

Green on Talksport this morning almost begging people to invest in the "Rangers story"

If I were a Sevco loyalist, I'd trust him about as much as Craig Whyte, but then again they did trust Whyte.

obviously the share issue isnt working thats why walters been shoved in,Green sticks of desperation in every interview, geese yer money get rich quick!

Of course there is a point in asking the question and it may well have been asked although to my knowledge i don't know if any support group have asked the question. However what may be more relevant is that Smith and McCoist being possibly the two most high profile figures at the club in the last 20 years i would imagine that if they had received an EBT then surely their names would have arisen during any investigation.

After all such names as Murray,McLeish,Ogilvie,Greig,Advocaat,Ferguson,Bain came to the fore,i would think it's fair to say if Smith and McCoist were recipients no doubt being such high profile as they are their names would have came forwad also. As well as that no doubt after the BBC going public with the list they and any other media outlet would be searching very intently on both Smith and McCoist. The fact that nothing has been found may be significant that they were not recipients.

<br /><br /><br />

More whataboutery. You can't excuse the incompetence of the Rangers support on the basis that the BBC haven't mentioned it. Not much point in taking this discussion any further, you have suitable evidenced the Rangers mentality. Time will tell if you are right or wrong in your gung-ho support of Sir Walter.

Where's the whataboutery? You asked, have questions been asked on Smith by the support. You got your answer plus added to that the fact that nothing has been evidenced that he was a recipient by any investigation. I think that gives you the answer that it's unlikely he received an EBT. Also try reading my previous posts to see if i have given gung-ho support on Smith being back at Ibrox. Think you'll find you're wrong on that.

It's very obvious to myself though that you are hoping to find something on Smith being a recipient through questions from the support when it's evident that the man would have been named by Daly if he was a recipient,nothing was found so why the need for questions from any support group.

Can't argue with youngsy's logic - despite what some would peddle on here, not all Scottish journos are Rangers sycophants. If Smith and McCoist had had EBT's, the knowledge would have been out there by now. I can't think of any logical reason why anyone would sit on that information. Especially as one has been involved at the club right through the process, and the other was part of a consortium that made an unsuccessful bid (did they ever actually bid, or just make noises? Too long ago) at one time and is now back in the fold.

As I see it , Youngsy, some of your reasons for questions being unnecessary are exactly the reasons they are necessary - for the image of the club/company and those of Smith and McCoist.

As you noted, there was a BBC investigation, which uncovered a lot of people in receipt of EBTs. What it did not uncover was evidence of the equivalent amount as declared in rangers' accounts. More was declared than Daly found destinations for. Which would raise the question: where did the rest of that money go?

As is also known, and as you say, there are many high-profile employees and ex-employees on that list. Smith certainly,and possibly also McCoist, are glaringly prominent by their absence.

Given the missing money, and the missing names, and the whole clusterfuck which has been this sorry saga, I don't think it's strange that many have added two and two in this instance. Whether the answer is four or sixty seven, we just don't know.

For the sake of "transparency", what would be either Sally or Wattie's problem in stating "yes" or "no" on this point? Many non-rangers fans already assume they had them, and equally rangers fans will state the opposite. Given both men (now) having involvement with both rangers and the Tribute Act, I feel that any perception of chicanery would not play well with the authorities.

As for why nobody has asked the question:

1. Rangers fans - quite simply, scared they might get the "wrong" answer.

2. MSM: FFS, don't upset them! We might not get any more "exclusives"

3. Internet Bampots: Well, we have been raising this point for months, but nobody listens to us.....sad.gif

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

obviously the share issue isnt working thats why walters been shoved in,Green sticks of desperation in every interview, geese yer money get rich quick!

Ii've been out of the loop for a while. What's the latest guess on the financial status at Ibrox? Are they still spending more than they're earning?

:lol:

and played a major role in killing them! :lol:

Just like he he asked for assurances and pushed for more transparency before jumping in with Murray & Whyte? :lol:

He was manager under Murray but perhaps you can explain how he jumped in with Whyte?

I asked if you could explain how he jumped in with Whyte?

Hurry up.

Maybe the good Captain will get around to answering this today?

As I see it , Youngsy, some of your reasons for questions being unnecessary are exactly the reasons they are necessary - for the image of the club/company and those of Smith and McCoist.

As you noted, there was a BBC investigation, which uncovered a lot of people in receipt of EBTs. What it did not uncover was evidence of the equivalent amount as declared in rangers' accounts. More was declared than Daly found destinations for. Which would raise the question: where did the rest of that money go?

As is also known, and as you say, there are many high-profile employees and ex-employees on that list. Smith certainly,and possibly also McCoist, are glaringly prominent by their absence.

Given the missing money, and the missing names, and the whole clusterfuck which has been this sorry saga, I don't think it's strange that many have added two and two in this instance. Whether the answer is four or sixty seven, we just don't know.

For the sake of "transparency", what would be either Sally or Wattie's problem in stating "yes" or "no" on this point? Many non-rangers fans already assume they had them, and equally rangers fans will state the opposite. Given both men (now) having involvement with both rangers and the Tribute Act, I feel that any perception of chicanery would not play well with the authorities.

As for why nobody has asked the question:

1. Rangers fans - quite simply, scared they might get the "wrong" answer.

2. MSM: FFS, don't upset them! We might not get any more "exclusives"

3. Internet Bampots: Well, we have been raising this point for months, but nobody listens to us.....sad.gif

Aye you cannae beat a bit of good old fashioned hearsay dressed up as facts.

Youngsy has given a few good answers to this and you've shown a complete lack of respect, as per usual. Now if there was was proof that Walter Smith had used an EBT (perfectly legal) then it would be in the public domain by now, so do yourself a favour and lock yourself in a dark room for the rest of the day.

Serious question:

Can someone explain how a R*ngers team playing at Ibrox with Sally and the cardigan on board and Whyte's floating charge, is not some kind of phoenix situation? Why the hell is hector saying nowt?

I'm fairly sure that all intelligent Hearts fans will be asking that same question. smile.gif

We all know now that New Rangers are not going to go bust. Anyone who thinks otherwise is stupid. It's just wishful thinking.

They'll be back in the SPL destroying Scottish Football with their big bad twin all over again.

I'm gonna try and enjoy the next three seasons of SPL football before Rangers arrive. Believe me, attendances for our individual diddy clubs are up this season, but as soon as Rangers are back, they will drop.

People complain the prices are the problem as to why people don't support their local team, but the real reason is the lack of competition.

I'm so convinced NewCo Rangers will survive, I'll donate £50 to a charity of anyone's choice when they get back to SPL.

Can't argue with youngsy's logic - despite what some would peddle on here, not all Scottish journos are Rangers sycophants. If Smith and McCoist had had EBT's, the knowledge would have been out there by now. I can't think of any logical reason why anyone would sit on that information. Especially as one has been involved at the club right through the process, and the other was part of a consortium that made an unsuccessful bid (did they ever actually bid, or just make noises? Too long ago) at one time and is now back in the fold.

Fair point, but it just doesn't make sense, it leaves far too many questions unanswered.

Anyway you look at it, McCoist and Smith were, arguably, the two biggest names at Ibrox during that era.

If they didn't have EBT's then a very pertinent question is; Why not?

If they were not even offered an EBT, again; Why Not? If they were offered one and both knocked it back, then we have to ask the question why?

Did their financial advisors advise against taking an EBT? If so did they pass on their concerns to the club?

As I said too many unanswered questions.

Fair point, but it just doesn't make sense, it leaves far too many questions unanswered.

Anyway you look at it, McCoist and Smith were, arguably, the two biggest names at Ibrox during that era.

If they didn't have EBT's then a very pertinent question is; Why not?

If they were not even offered an EBT, again; Why Not? If they were offered one and both knocked it back, then we have to ask the question why?

Did their financial advisors advise against taking an EBT? If so did they pass on their concerns to the club?

As I said too many unanswered questions.

unsure.gif