Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Serious question:

Can someone explain how a R*ngers team playing at Ibrox with Sally and the cardigan on board and Whyte's floating charge, is not some kind of phoenix situation? Why the hell is hector saying nowt?

Hector's in no rush - it's not like they can flee the country with ibrox, murray* park and the carpark (the company assets - in total) in a suitcase.......

Give 'em enough rope.......

*Not been renamed yet - thought that was the big ST special? Maybe (S)DM will be back on the board soon - every fucker else seems to be putting in repeat appearances, including Ian "f**k all to do with me" Hart.

Aye you cannae beat a bit of good old fashioned hearsay dressed up as facts.

Youngsy has given a few good answers to this and you've shown a complete lack of respect, as per usual. Now if there was was proof that Walter Smith had used an EBT (perfectly legal) then it would be in the public domain by now, so do yourself a favour and lock yourself in a dark room for the rest of the day.

I'm dressing nothing up, Liar. There was a difference of several million between the cash declared in the accounts and the amount discovered by the BBC to have been paid to named recipients. Two very high profile names were missing from the list.

Neither am I showing anyone disrespect. I simply said to Youngsy that, in my opinion, if Sally and Wattie were to simply announce whether or NOT they had ever been paid by this method, it would show a willingness for transparency. The ideal time would have been around the airing of the BBC documentary, but it's never too late.

The Scottish Football Monitor still hasn't blogged on the crisis facing the SPL's 2nd biggest club. You would expect a site which has a title as grandiose as that to show some concern at the goings at Hearts. Now plenty of people on this thread told that The Scottish Football Monitor had the best interests of Scottish football at heart (no pun) and wasn't set up to attack one club and one club alone.

Yes and it was in the interests of the Scottish game to make sure the biggest cheats in the Scottish game were exposed. Then killed. Result! :)

What if Walter Smith used an EBT

He might have used an EBT.

He could have used an EBT.

Maybe he used an EBT

He must have used an EBT

Ahhhh f**k it lets just tell the lie often enough that we start to believe it ourselves. Which seems to the motto of the P&B .lynch mob in the last couple of pages.

Ah, straight from the Bennett family crest. Nice motto.....

The question is simple - did Walter (and/or Sally) receive payments through an EBT? No praise if they didn't, no condemnation if they did. Just a reasonable request for information.

A bit like this:

1. EBTs and their administration were a major factor in rangers dying.

2.. Walter and Sally were at the old club, they're also at the new one.

3. How involved were they in killing rangers, and should we be wary of their involvement in the Tribute Act?

Why aren't rangers fans asking the questions?

Now the majority of us don't give a f**k, as Charlie is already providing plenty of entertainment at the moment - although it is nice to see some of the summer's players coming back for an encore. BUT....

If it was my club, mind, these are the questions I'd be demanding answers to. And there wouldn't be a penny going to share issues, bonds, debentures, or anything until I got those answers.

Doh, doh, doh.

So, by your reasoning, if an investigative journalist uncovers and publishes 95% (or maybe even 99%) of the relevant information relating to whatever scandal they are investigating, they are incompetent. What an absolutely absurd theory.

I suppose that Nick Davies of the Guardian is also an incompetent journalist, given that he was was not able to reveal every phone hacking victim? Is that really what you are saying?

Where did i say that Daly was incompetent?Read my post again. I stated that as i believe Daly is very competent then given the extent of his investigation and the fact that he has not found anything regarding Smith being a beneficiary of an EBT then in that respect i'll take it that there is no evidence to present that Smith was a recipient. As for RTC what reason would they have for holding back any information regarding Smith having an EBT because tbh and to put it perfectly blunt the case no longer applies to the club going forward. They can drip feed all they want,as you put it,but it does not matter now who received what.

It may apply to individuals in respect of any tax owed but not the club as such. Personally i didn't want Smith back at the club in any role,for that matter i didn't want McCoist as manager either and in that respect it does not bother me in the slightest whether he received an EBT,if he did,which on evidence presented is doubtful,then was there anything illegal about it at the time,the answer is no. What i will criticise Smith about is his reluctance to be critical on Murrays handling of the finances at the club and his subsequent sell out to Whyte. As for your comment about Nick Davies that is just nonsense and not relevant in any way. I'll repeat again,if there was anything re; Smith on EBTs then i'm quite sure that his name would have surfaced long before now.

The Scottish Football Monitor still hasn't blogged on the crisis facing the SPL's 2nd biggest club. You would expect a site which has a title as grandiose as that to show some concern at the goings at Hearts. Now plenty of people on this thread told that The Scottish Football Monitor had the best interests of Scottish football at heart (no pun) and wasn't set up to attack one club and one club alone.

You would expect a thread dedicated to rangers to not be over-bothered with another club's situation - other than as prime whataboutery material, of course. You'll find plenty of discussion on Hearts' situation up on the SPL board, Bennett. I'm sure they'll welcome your input...

Where did i say that Daly was incompetent?Read my post again. I stated that as i believe Daly is very competent then given the extent of his investigation and the fact that he has not found anything regarding Smith being a beneficiary of an EBT then in that respect i'll take it that there is no evidence to present that Smith was a recipient. As for RTC what reason would they have for holding back any information regarding Smith having an EBT because tbh and to put it perfectly blunt the case no longer applies to the club going forward. They can drip feed all they want,as you put it,but it does not matter now who received what.

It may apply to individuals in respect of any tax owed but not the club as such. Personally i didn't want Smith back at the club in any role,for that matter i didn't want McCoist as manager either and in that respect it does not bother me in the slightest whether he received an EBT,if he did,which on evidence presented is doubtful,then was there anything illegal about it at the time,the answer is no. What i will criticise Smith about is his reluctance to be critical on Murrays handling of the finances at the club and his subsequent sell out to Whyte. As for your comment about Nick Davies that is just nonsense and not relevant in any way. I'll repeat again,if there was anything re; Smith on EBTs then i'm quite sure that his name would have surfaced long before now.

Had a quick search but can't find owt, but I am 100% sure it was reported (possibly R Shortbread) that Walter had an EBT but although funds were authorised, he did not draw them.

Had a quick search but can't find owt, but I am 100% sure it was reported (possibly R Shortbread) that Walter had an EBT but although funds were authorised, he did not draw them.

I think you may be correct there that the scheme was available for his use but he never used it. If he had an EBT it would have been reported long ago,anyone who thinks otherwise is being very naive,in my opinion.

You would expect a thread dedicated to rangers to not be over-bothered with another club's situation - other than as prime whataboutery material, of course. You'll find plenty of discussion on Hearts' situation up on the SPL board, Bennett. I'm sure they'll welcome your input...

We've been through this before Norman, it is relevant to this thread.

Don't top yourself now.

We've been through this before Norman, it is relevant to this thread.

Don't top yourself now.

Seriously, haven't you got enough to worry about with your own company/club/whatever the party line is today?

Why would anybody top themselves over football? Unless.....

Maybe some people see their club(s) as being about more than football - maybe about somehow validating their own existence by vicarious success and status?

Maybe seeing themselves as members of some kind of superior race, or peepul?

Nah..... That'd be mental, wouldn't it?

I think you may be correct there that the scheme was available for his use but he never used it. If he had an EBT it would have been reported long ago,anyone who thinks otherwise is being very naive,in my opinion.

There is a difference between available for use and having one, especialy as it seems according to Billy D it was contractual. And the BBC list wasn't definative. Not having a dig, more of a ' he is smarter than the average Bear ' moment.

From memory, there was a payment authorised to be paid to Walter by the Trust of a couple of hundred thou, he never completed the transaction.

Were the names of of the EBT recipients not leaked from HMRC documents?

You would think that if Ally and Walter were indeed receiving EBT then this would have been definitely leaked, given their status at the club

Also at the time of the EBT story first breaking when all those names were released then surely if Walter or Ally had ever been in receipt of an EBT then they would have just admitted to at the time? It would have been easy to do at this point

Much ado about nothing imo

Theres been more leaks concerning our taxes than a bloody sieve, if Walter and Ally had used them, then it would have been in the public domain long ago. This is nothing but muck raking from those with nothing better to do and it's pointless even attempting to debate with these morons as they only hear what they want to hear.

This is nothing but muck raking from those with nothing better to do and it's pointless even attempting to debate with these morons as they only hear what they want to hear.

I can only imagine how little they want to hear about the league reconstruction plans to include Rangers - twice over.

After a spring and summer of keyboard hammering, the internet warriors wont be happy at all laugh.gif

Mind you - after all those empty promises to rally round their clubs and the abject fail to do anything of the kind, I'm certain they wont be listened to at all, either.

Our club is debt free, the crowds are amazing, top of the league and now they are re-organising the leagues so we feature more than ever.

Happy days. smile.gif

Were the names of of the EBT recipients not leaked from HMRC documents?

You would think that if Ally and Walter were indeed receiving EBT then this would have been definitely leaked, given their status at the club

Also at the time of the EBT story first breaking when all those names were released then surely if Walter or Ally had ever been in receipt of an EBT then they would have just admitted to at the time? It would have been easy to do at this point

Much ado about nothing imo

Nothing to "admit", Tedi. That choice of word would suggest there was something to hide. You're not suggesting that, are you? As we have had shoved down our throats since day one, EBTs were legal. Given their status at the club, and at the new club, I would have thought it was important for both of them to be as open, honest and transparent as possible. These are, after all, uncertain times at ibrox, and I would have thought the berrz would like to be sure of any saviours. A simple clarification would have satisfied everyone, whether they received them or not.

What I really can't understand is, while most of us are spectators here, and just enjoying another wee twist in the tale, all we get from rangers fans is the same old head in the sand attitude, fingers in ears going "la la la". There's a shitload of smoke blowing around, but nary an Orc to ask whether there might just possibly be a fire involved somewhere.

It obviously suits you all to believe these legneds are squeaky clean, but surely you've had your fingers bitten enough times when you've trusted the men in the Big Hoose?

laugh.gif

After Philthy Mac Goebbels, the disgraced lawyer is the least credible commentator on, well, everything and anything.

Totally conversant with Tax Law, are you, then, Bendarroch? Because I'm not, and it's been noticeable that McConville and all Tedi's "tic blogs" and Bennett's "celticminded websites" have been a damn sight more accurate over this story than most of the bears on here. And yes, that includes you. My God, does it include you.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

Nothing to "admit", Tedi. That choice of word would suggest there was something to hide. You're not suggesting that, are you? As we have had shoved down our throats since day one, EBTs were legal. Given their status at the club, and at the new club, I would have thought it was important for both of them to be as open, honest and transparent as possible. These are, after all, uncertain times at ibrox, and I would have thought the berrz would like to be sure of any saviours. A simple clarification would have satisfied everyone, whether they received them or not.

What I really can't understand is, while most of us are spectators here, and just enjoying another wee twist in the tale, all we get from rangers fans is the same old head in the sand attitude, fingers in ears going "la la la". There's a shitload of smoke blowing around, but nary an Orc to ask whether there might just possibly be a fire involved somewhere.

It obviously suits you all to believe these legneds are squeaky clean, but surely you've had your fingers bitten enough times when you've trusted the men in the Big Hoose?

image200905231653.jpg

Totally conversant with Tax Law, are you, then, Bendarroch? Because I'm not, and it's been noticeable that McConville and all Tedi's "tic blogs" and Bennett's "celticminded websites" have been a damn sight more accurate over this story than most of the bears on here. And yes, that includes you. My God, does it include you.

McConville is officially incompetent Norman, but if you want to believe his every word then on ye go son.

I can only imagine how little they want to hear about the league reconstruction plans to include Rangers - twice over.

After a spring and summer of keyboard hammering, the internet warriors wont be happy at all laugh.gif

Mind you - after all those empty promises to rally round their clubs and the abject fail to do anything of the kind, I'm certain they wont be listened to at all, either.

Our club is debt free, the crowds are amazing, top of the league and now they are re-organising the leagues so we feature more than ever.

Happy days. smile.gif

The crowds are amazing considering we were told by everyone on here that we'd be lucky to get 10,000 fans per game. then it got changed to "it's just pure defiance, it'll no last", i wonder how long defiance lasts for then?

The best thing is the way that the atmosphere has changed with more kids and families going to the games, looking good for the next generation of fans coming through.