Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Oh go away :P , it was obvious I was not being serious when I said £7M profit, the OP estmiated £8.6M income and £13M costs, both are far too low, especially the income ;)

I think we'll all just have to wait and see the financial accounts when they are issued. No point really in speculating until afterwards. wink.gif

Again we have no idea what the £6M which turned into below £7M figures that have been quoted by Green, mean, they could include staff, etc and as for bonuses, I doubt these will be high for the SFL side of things, cups maybe, but then we already been horsed out of 2 ;) again perhaps he has included these, maybe that is why he quoted £6M then £7M

It was confirmed somewhere that Rangers will still get £750k TV revenue this year, merchandising will not have dropped if fact may have risen from the £3.6M that has been quoted before

Edmiston House has been repurchased with the aim of moving the shop there and our portacabin ticket office also needs to move, both of these imo are good moves

Where I think green is wildly out is in his projections for the future, he will not get anywhere near these figures for years IMO

As for your question? No I think we should have offloaded every player above 5K in wages and strengthened the squad with 6-10 decent SFL players while bringin through the kids, there is no need to be paying the wage bill we have still we reach SFL1, we needed guaranteed promotion but that could have been achieved at a much lower price

Shouldn't you be worrying that both Zeus Capital and Octopus Investment are offshore companies; IE tax evaders.

That's why HMRC are after Richard Hughes and Charles Green. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Again we have no idea what the £6M which turned into below £7M figures that have been quoted by Green, mean, they could include staff, etc and as for bonuses, I doubt these will be high for the SFL side of things, cups maybe, but then we already been horsed out of 2 ;) again perhaps he has included these, maybe that is why he quoted £6M then £7M

It was confirmed somewhere that Rangers will still get £750k TV revenue this year, merchandising will not have dropped if fact may have risen from the £3.6M that has been quoted before

Edmiston House has been repurchased with the aim of moving the shop there and our portacabin ticket office also needs to move, both of these imo are good moves

Where I think green is wildly out is in his projections for the future, he will not get anywhere near these figures for years IMO

As for your question? No I think we should have offloaded every player above 5K in wages and strengthened the squad with 6-10 decent SFL players while bringin through the kids, there is no need to be paying the wage bill we have still we reach SFL1, we needed guaranteed promotion but that could have been achieved at a much lower price

This would be the whole point it is all supposition. Now if we take your claim that you are the same then isin't that not too difficult to connect the same financial problems reappearing for the tribute act.

Nothing Green has said is a definite plenty of promise and wild claims. It doesn't make sense you either believe Green is a hard-nosed businessman or he is a benefactor all this stuff about giving the supporters a chance to own a part of the club now as he is concerned about the expense of said shares once the financial strength is revealed.

They wouldn't even have needed to go that high, they could've snapped up the best 2nd & 3rd div players, maybe even a couple of juniors, who would probably have jumped at the chance & would've cost absolute peanuts.

But why would they be that sensible eh ? :lol: :lol:

To be fair their fans wouldn't turn out to see a 'real' third division team, so they snapped up signings from the clubs finishing 2nd, 5th, 6th in the SPL to maintain the impression of being Scotland's 2nd footballing force.

As much as I enjoy the piss taking I want this to just end. It was a Golden Age about 100 pages ago but now it's shite. This Sevco is obviously going to survive, and the fans seem willing to remain despite the shite. Credit to them for that and lets just get in with football and leave them to their 3rd division campaign

All the Rangers fans are knobs aswell but at least they've earned a bit of respect from me

Things that are weighing on my mind:

1. I would like the arabs to win by a comfortable 2 or three today, but I like them fractionally less than than I like Hibs, but I do want us to go second.
  2. I would like St Johnstone to put four past Celtic for no reply so we go top, but I can't see them allowing their exertions in Europe to affect the domestic stuff, not with their squad and resources, not again, surely, certainly not at home anyway, again? oh please oh please oh please
  3. I would like Hearts to vanish into thin air, as if swallowed up by time itself, never to be mentioned again. However if we all rally round and put a couple of pence into thei empty tin of special brew, it will really get it up sevco and they'll start all their "everybody hates us, conspiracy pish".
  4. Is the cheats court case going to happen this week? I heard something about a car crash and a possible delay.
  5. I think Armageddon is magic.

'I'm swithering whether to contribute to any Save Hearts campaign'

....'it'll really annoy 'The Rangers'

'sign me up straight away! Where's the collection pail'

WV1-Rangers-v-Peterhead.jpg

:D were back in business

:blink: I know some of the squad are young and as for the player with the furry lugs.........

Ach probably safer there as opposed to sitting in the stands dodging the paper planes, coins and punches that were thrown yesterday.

Thats the trouble with a crowd like a creche, controlling the little monsters :D

WV1-Rangers-v-Peterhead.jpg

:D were back in business

Feel free to take a look of that link some interesting tales about that company, one is Imran Amhad who was director at Allenby Capital and CW owns that company!

Have Rangers Paid Hearts for Lee Wallace? Charles Green and Chick Young Seem to Disagree

Last Saturday Charles Green spoke to Rangers fans at Ibrox for their match against Alloa. I wrote about what he was recorded as saying here. It would appear that not all that Mr Green was noted as saying was 100% accurate. I am sure the apparent discrepancies noted below were entirely as a result of oversight or error, and not a deliberate clouding of the issues or declarations of bravado to appeal to his audience.

—————————————————-

There are two specific paragraphs I want to mention initially, which are reproduced exactly as they were written by the original poster on a Rangers message board.

3 – All footballing debt have been paid apart from the 31k to Dundee Utd which he has a letter confirming would be paid by the SPL.

6 – Rangers owed hearts the remainder of the Lee Wallace fee, Hearts were so desperate for the money eventually offering a 100k discount if we paid the cash two weeks ago. Thats why the couldn’t pay the wages.

My interpretation of that was as follows:-

• Hearts have been paid for Lee Wallace.
  • Mr Green negotiated a discount for prompt payment.

Now though it appears that, at least according to Chick Young on the BBC, neither of those statements by Mr Green was accurate.

Mr Young writes:-

Hearts have rejected an offer from Rangers to renegotiate the terms of payment for defender Lee Wallace. With Hearts under the threat of a winding-up order over a tax bill of almost £450,000, Rangers said they would hand over £500,000 now.

But Rangers wanted to close the deal with that gesture and Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has dismissed it. Rangers had said they would pay Hearts £300,000 in January and settle the bill in July with a final payment of £500,000.

That suggests that Mr Green was wrong to say there was no more football debt.

At first I also thought that the rejection of the deal suggests that Hearts are confident that they will be able to stave off the winding up order sought by HMRC. What use would it be to Hearts for its liquidator to receive £800,000 when settling for £500,000 now would allow HMRC to be paid?

The reason why the calculation is not that simple comes though when you check the debt figures and the security situation.

Whilst HMRC might be due as much as £4 million from Hearts, depending on the tax tribunal set for this month, the interest and penalties on that sum, and the remaining tax debt due by the Gorgie Road team, this is dwarfed by the debt owing by Hearts to UBIG. Mr Romanov’s bank is a creditor for over £22 million.

In addition, UBIG hold a security over the ground, and a floating charge over the remainder of Hearts assets.

If Hearts fall into liquidation, then once the liquidator is paid, the remaining cash and assets (after statutory payments to redundant staff) will go to UBIG.

So there are at least three possibilities.

• Hearts are confident that they can stave off winding-up and accepting a full settlement now simply means they would need to raise an additional £300,000 by the summer anyway.
  • Hearts are not confident that they can survive, even with the Wallace cash, and its owners would rather see the money in their hands than paid over to HMRC.
  • Mr Romanov is not prepared to accept a deal whereby Rangers get a 37.5% discount, even at the risk to his club.

It also raises the question about why Mr Green said that the only dent was to Dundee United, or why Rangers issued a statement saying that there was no “external debt”.

And before anyone says that the money due to Hearts is not a “debt” because it is not yet due, then that argument does not work.

I have a mortgage. I pay my monthly instalments as they fall due. The mortgage company cannot ask me to repay the balance due. I still owe that money to the mortgage company. It is a debt.

—————————————————-

If Mr Green has been inaccurate regarding points 3 and 6 as noted above, I wonder how he will do with points 8 and 9? Remember, this was what he was saying to fans on Saturday 3rd November.

8 – Share issue prospectus to be made public in a 21 page document end of this coming week or just after.

9 – Over 20 pension fund groups have an interest in the share issue. Corporate roadshow to start this week re share issue Glasgow, Edinburgh and then London for seven days.

The prospectus is not out yet, so it must be assumed to be coming tomorrow or Tuesday?

Does anyone know where the corporate roadshow took place this week? Mr Green is not a man for hiding his light under a bushel. One would have expected him to be making, quite rightly, a big thing of the start of the floatation process, as he meets with the twenty or more pension fund managers clamouring to buy shares with the anticipated 100% return.

What could be the reason for his uncharacteristic reticence?

Could it be, heaven forbid, that the prospectus is not as imminent as he said, and that the corporate roadshows have not started? Do those pronouncements fall into the same category as the statement in June that all questions would be answered “within seven days”? There are still lots of questions, and we are now in mid-November.

Posted by Paul McConville

Edited by Bairnforever1992

If i remember right he said the playing wage was in the £7 million mark on talksport, but none of his statements have been true so it could be £500,000 or £50 million depending who he's talking to.

When was Edminston house actually bought, I heard he was in talks but as Murray paid over £1 million 10 years ago for it, where's the money coming from now, please don't say the shares as they are meant for the re furbishment

You are close on the offload of high earning players but over £5K, come on Tedi a squad on an average of £1K would walk that league, but your points are good especially in greenes projections

Yesterday popped onto P& B to catch up on results/news.

This forum had 6 users looking at it. And of those 6 three were the Sevco media mafia team. The Junior forum had just under 400. ohmy.gif

You can't argue with the stats. Unless of course you are Tedi or Bennett and live in some parallel universe with its own number system. biggrin.gif

yep, and not the first about Sevcos dealings with the clubs they have faced. And the first (different club) was as good as confirmed :)

Not doubting you at all as anything seems possible, just not heard anyhting about not paying clubs (well this year :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Hey, it's not just an offer for Wallace, it's turned into a deal including concluding David 'Cooper' Templetons' transfer as well!

What are the chances of Hearts (or their admins/liquidators) putting Sevco into admin over these outstanding debts?

Who'll single handedly save the Green Knight, Brian Kennedy? Never heard from him in a while. LOL.

Greens attitude to the Rangers fans who have nothing left to hold onto bar his pontifications.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Edited by kiddy