Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Now your sarcasm about "leaking some documents" being a heinous offence,neither you nor i have any idea of the magnitude the damage the leaking of any confidential documents has had on the club,whether in a sale of the club over the last few years or indeed any investigation into the activies being carried out within the club which may well have hampered any investigation,we just don't know so in that respect Murray and indeed every shareholder and creditor of the PLC have every right to find out the severity of any laws that may well have been broken.

Well look, I'm afraid we do know what damage was caused, and as others have pointed out, it was "almost none", in terms of keeping the club alive. Fatal damage was already done - It was known long ago that Rangers were potentially on the hook for bajillions; Craig Whyte left you in hock for God knows how much more, and there's no reason whatsoever to assume that the papers got their figures from the Phantom Leaker or the RTC blogger.

Let's ask - what scared off BIll Miller, for instance? He paid a lot cash for a look at the books, IIRC, then said "Thanks but no thanks"*. Did Bill Ng just happen to catch The Men Who Sold The Jerseys on BBC Asia? I don't think so... And these are just a couple of illustrative examples, not an exhaustive list.

And as regards David Murray vs Getting The Blogger - look, your actions are speaking louder than words here. You say you're all enraged about Sir Dave but you are doing nothing at all in the way of holding him to account. The papers aren't full of Rangers supporters demanding inquiries into his conduct and your forums barely touch on him, in comparison to the endless threats of REVENGE! against bloggers, leakers, diddies, plastics and God knows who else.

Here, give me a second and I'll come up with a good analogy for what you're like...

*I believe there was an issue over Rangers supporters waving banners, too.

And what 'fact' would that be, Dhensebhore?

I can't wait for the reply.

smile.gif

The 'fact' that the people being blamed for hindering the sale only came on the scene after Minty being unable to give them away to a decent buyer. This is of course not a fact as nobody has confirmed the date the blog went live or the BBC documentary was aired, but James Traynor reported about the billionaire Craig Whyte in Nov 2010 and my gut feeling is the blog/documentary went out after that. I'm happy for my gut feeling to be proved wrong.

A wee hint, Bendarroch - yes, there may be someone else's input in Dr Poon's opinion. Have a real hard think (yeah, I know...) and ask yourself who might want to get across some points that they couldn't due to the constrictions inherent in the structure of the verdict.

Or, keep digging.

The illuminati?

The masons?

The establishment?

It's seem that your Jakey mate isn't the only conspiracy nut on here Norm. Do you also have Dr Poon under surveillance :)

The truth is out there....

Did they appeal to the tribunal or were they eventually dragged there kicking and screaming by HMRC?

When I say they I mean your dead (soon to be) club.

What the fucking hell are you talking about? Read my post and take in what it states. The assessment was appealed,successfully i should add under the law by a 2 to 1 majority, whether you or anyone agrees with that or not,that is the fact of the matter.

I think it was an extremely important issue

The RTC blog and the BBC doc were hugely influential in swaying public opinion, according to everyone Rangers were now guilty, the £49M was a dead cert, this effectively killed any chance we had of getting a decent buyer

The lies spread by BTC and the BBC Doc (2nd one) were also used to justify how we were being treated "they've been cheating for years, they deserve to be punished severly". BTC coward also claimed that Mark Daly got his information from him (Daly refused to answer this) and this was used extremely well to tarnish the club.

Also this year the RTC blog became more frenzied about attacking Rangers than supposedly reporting on the case.

They have a lot to answer for.

When I walked out to my nice, brand-new car this morning, and I couldn't believe it - my mate Dave was standing there, beside a smouldering heap of junk that was missing panels and tires, with the windscreen kicked out and the engine impacted into the front seats.

"Morning, Billy Big-Baws", my mate Dave says. "Sorry, I borrowed your car and I had a bit of an accident".

"A bit of an accident!" I shouted. "It's a total write-off!"

"Nah", Dave says, "It's salvageable, if you speak to the right mechanic. I'm afraid I was pretty hammered and I drove it off the edge of the road, rolled it six times and put it side-on into a wall".

At this point, the left-hand doors fell off and the suspension gave out with a long, shearing I'm totally f*cked sound.

"Anyway", Dave says, "The recovery guys just dropped it off, and look what's in the back seat...."

I took a look and there in the back seat, there's an old jakey asleep, right next to the biggest toalie I've ever seen.

"Looks like the cheeky bugger's taken a dump in your motor, mate", Dave says. "Want me to sort him out for you?"

"Aye, Dave!" I said, holding his jacket for him. "Kick his teeth right in! That old jakey has pure ruined my nice, brand-new car!"

So Dave hauls the old jakey out and starts kicking his teeth in.

"Dave! Dave! Dave!" I shouted. "Go Dave! Jump on his head!"

"Nay bother, Billy" he says, putting another boot in. "Anything for a friend".

Edited by flyingrodent

The lies spread by BTC and the BBC Doc (2nd one) were also used to justify how we were being treated "they've been cheating for years, they deserve to be punished severly". BTC coward also claimed that Mark Daly got his information from him (Daly refused to answer this) and this was used extremely well to tarnish the club.

Also this year the RTC blog became more frenzied about attacking Rangers than supposedly reporting on the case.

Who is BTC? Is this a new player in the story?

Oh, and BTW, Bennett, they have been cheating for years, and they have been punished - in cases where evidence was available. All in the Verdict - you know, the massive vindication of your dead club?

craigwhyte_display_image.jpg?1335639312

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Truth is old Rangers died and the new Rangers is in the 3rd division which has a cloudy future with shyster Green in charge. And why is he quiet all of a sudden?

I haven't got my prospectus yet either and my investors are angry that they can't build a monorail around Govan to the City Centre....dry.gif

The 'fact' that the people being blamed for hindering the sale only came on the scene after Minty being unable to give them away to a decent buyer. This is of course not a fact as nobody has confirmed the date the blog went live or the BBC documentary was aired, but James Traynor reported about the billionaire Craig Whyte in Nov 2010 and my gut feeling is the blog/documentary went out after that. I'm happy for my gut feeling to be proved wrong.

Are you trying to suggest that the HMRC guesstimates were not hanging over any potential sale before the 'tit on the internet' decide to play fast and loose with the truth via illegally obtained documents from within HMRC?

And you'll struggle to get a date for the started of the runway's blog - because the man who was so emboldened to say this: "Alistair, Sir David, Martin: as we say in Glasgow: "Come ahead!" has fucked off and deleted the contents of his blog.

Isn't it very entertaining that now Murray has indeed decided to 'come ahead' the RTC man is running as fast as he can?

Well look, I'm afraid we do know what damage was caused, and as others have pointed out, it was "almost none", in terms of keeping the club alive. Fatal damage was already done - It was known long ago that Rangers were potentially on the hook for bajillions; Craig Whyte left you in hock for God knows how much more, and there's no reason whatsoever to assume that the papers got their figures from the Phantom Leaker or the RTC blogger.

Let's ask - what scared off BIll Miller, for instance? He paid a lot cash for a look at the books, IIRC, then said "Thanks but no thanks"*. Did Bill Ng just happen to catch The Men Who Sold The Jerseys on BBC Asia? I don't think so... And these are just a couple of illustrative examples, not an exhaustive list.

And as regards David Murray vs Getting The Blogger - look, your actions are speaking louder than words here. You say you're all enraged about Sir Dave but you are doing nothing at all in the way of holding him to account. The papers aren't full of Rangers supporters demanding inquiries into his conduct and your forums barely touch on him, in comparison to the endless threats of REVENGE! against bloggers, leakers, diddies, plastics and God knows who else.

Here, give me a second and I'll come up with a good analogy for what you're like...

*I believe there was an issue over Rangers supporters waving banners, too.

No,again i'll state that neither you nor me know what damage this type of information could have caused the club,at the very least it was all negative against the club at the source,RTC. As to Murray again i'll say that speaking from a personal level i would hope that he is taken to task by the full extent of the law,if the law determines that he has a case to answer,in my unqualified view the answer to that is yes,i may be wrong,as may you. If Murray is found to be guilty of wrongdoing then i hope he is held to account.

Whyte is being fully investigated at this moment in time,hopefully with a very positive outcome in the prosecutions favour. So that is the two main characters covered in any legal aspect from my point of view and if any more under the previous regimes enter the picture as being culpable in this then i hope they feel the full extent of the law also. I can't put it any clearer than that,no doubt you will try to find a negative aspect to that though.

So as i have been forthright in my opinion as regards Murray,Whyte and whoever i will be forthright in my opinion that this RTC person and whoever was supplying him/her with confidential information,if anybody,then they should face the full extent of whatever the law provides to any crime committed by them and indeed if it reaches further than that then so be it.

Edited by youngsy

Who is BTC? Is this a new player in the story?

Oh, and BTW, Bennett, they have been cheating for years, and they have been punished - in cases where evidence was available. All in the Verdict - you know, the massive vindication of your dead club?

Bloody acronyms Norm, don't you just hate them. Anyway if i'm ever in the market for a new secretary i'll give you a call :wub:

Truth is old Rangers died and the new Rangers is in the 3rd division which has a cloudy future with shyster Green in charge. And why is he quiet all of a sudden?

I haven't got my prospectus yet either and my investors are angry that they can't build a monorail around Govan to the City Centre....dry.gif

Whats BDO up to today Bhairn?

Guest Kincardine

When I walked out to my nice, brand-new car this morning, and I couldn't believe it - my mate Dave was standing there, beside a smouldering heap of junk that was missing panels and tires, with the windscreen kicked out and the engine impacted into the front seats.

"Morning, Billy Big-Baws", my mate Dave says. "Sorry, I borrowed your car and I had a bit of an accident".

OK so I know this is some sort of fantasy piece even if I don't understand the relevance.

But Billy Big-Baws? Really?

Some people should get off the internet more often.

Oh and in Britain we call them 'tyres'.

Your first point,not necessarily so,evry company will look to reduce their financial liabilities with such an offer without having any semblance of guilt attached to the offer,Arsenal did a similar deal with HMRC about 6 years or so ago with an accepted offer of £12 million.

Your second point,again any company or individual have the right of appeal on tax assessment,Rangers asserted that right,nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Many companies and individuals assert that right.

On your first point I disagree. Of course companies will try and reduce the sums they pay out. Because Arsenal paid a settlement previously, I'm really not sure how that could prove your point. If companies don't believe that they are liable, they won't pay. Hence, the appeal.

I agree completely with your second point, but again I'm not sure as to how it contests what I said.

What the fucking hell are you talking about? Read my post and take in what it states. The assessment was appealed,successfully i should add under the law by a 2 to 1 majority, whether you or anyone agrees with that or not,that is the fact of the matter.

Sorry but that's not true.

Only part of the assessment was appealed and only some of that successfully.

Mission Accomplished!!!