Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Aye that'll be right :lol:

Might not get the money after all :lol:

Chris McLaughlin

@BBCchrismclaug

BBC Scotland's senior football reporter.

Followed by Mark Daly and Rangers Tax-Case.

Go to full profile →

• Tweet to @BBCchrismclaug
  • Send a Direct Message
  • Add or remove from lists…
  • Block @BBCchrismclaug
  • Unblock @BBCchrismclaug
  • Report @BBCchrismclaug for spam
  • Hide this suggestion
  • Turn on Retweets
  • Turn off Retweets
  • Turn on mobile notifications
  • Turn off mobile notifications

FollowFollowingUnfollowBlockedUnblockPendingCancel43mchrisNEW_normal.jpgChris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaug#SFA will discuss the issue of ticket allocation cash between #DUFC and #Rangers at a board meeting on Thursday. #BBCSport

Details Expand Collapse

1hchrisNEW_normal.jpgChris McLaughlin@BBCchrismclaug Former #Rangers captain Richard Gough tells #bbcsportsound that the club is wrong not to take up cup allocation at Tannadice. #BBCSport

Details Expand Collapse

2h

So stupid on so many levels.

Apart from the fact that gate money would be split.

Apart from the fact that the 2009 abandonment can't be a factor as there have been no boycott calls since.

Apart from the fact that Green will do anything, anything at all to appeal to that large lowest common denominator.

Apart from the fact that their anger about being barred from entering the SPL is at odds with their claimed desire to join SFL3 all along.

Why do Rangers always want to behave like such unpleasant dicks? Seriously, does this alone not bother some of the more sensible, decent Rangers fans on here?

Surely Dundee Utd will be missing a trick here if they don`t charge a token £1 per ticket and then deduct their printing expenses from the sales ? 50/50 on the likely tv cash and Utd are roared home by a sell out crowd. Rangers surely wouldn`t have the brass neck to object to the price of the tickets when they are not wanting any..........Oh...hang on a minute.

And rangers fans are seriously talking about throwing their money into Charlie's pocket?

f**k me, but he saw you lot coming. Not personal, Youngsy, but to identify a group of people so willing to hand over their cash, he'll be selling you the Eiffel Tower next .

These things happen,companies go bust every day but at the end of the day people have a choice as to invest or not. After all i wouldn't think that the small investor would be looking to make a profit on this,more about getting The Rangers Football Club Limited enough investment to get back to competing at the top level again.

Surely Dundee Utd will be missing a trick here if they don`t charge a token £1 per ticket and then deduct their printing expenses from the sales ? 50/50 on the likely tv cash and Utd are roared home by a sell out crowd. Rangers surely wouldn`t have the brass neck to object to the price of the tickets when they are not wanting any..........Oh...hang on a minute.

That's a decent shout.

Personally, I think United should do things by the book and give Rangers half of what will probably be a reduced gate - moral high ground and all that. I don't think they should aim to keep the gate via a rule change, but I do like your idea. £1 a ticket might be bit extreme, but a heftily reduced price might be a good way of boosting the gate and reaping the benefits of that on the field.

If I am totally honest, I am shocked that the club released this statement, I was speaking about this with a UTD fan and I was adamant the club would never back a boycott

I fully expected all of the fan clubs to support it but not the club

I feel pretty sad about it, I was looking forward to moving on and have been enjoying this season but this is a poor decision by the club that will haunt us for years to come

Someone neutral should start mediation or this could spiral quite badly

Well done for not being taken in by Green's nonsense.

Think that particular horse has long disappeared over the hill and chuckie cheese is determined to inflame the situation to improve his chances of the bigots in the orc support of buying into his scam.

Worth pointing out that its the supporters clubs and the official press releases that talk about revenge and punishment and never forgiving or forgetting.

Edited by Burma

If I am totally honest, I am shocked that the club released this statement, I was speaking about this with a UTD fan and I was adamant the club would never back a boycott

I feel pretty sad about it, I was looking forward to moving on and have been enjoying this season but this is a poor decision by the club that will haunt us for years to come

Yes, I saw your similar post on the Cup thread.

As you say, I'd have expected Vanguard types to come out with such pish, but to be honest, I was even a bit surprised to see Blue Order people backing it. For Green to do so though, is pretty incredible.

Again, I think it's tactical. He'll say literally anything that he thinks will earn him fan backing.

I wonder if he's gone too far here though. Can the club honestly keep behaving so obnoxiously? Decent Rangers fans need to find a voice here. This clown's doing you no favours.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Tedi i totally agree with what you say, don't you think Greene is setting the "Club" up for a fall as UEFA & FIFA take a dim view on taking ANY action (That could include club sanctioned boycotts) against another club, he could have been clever with his statement rejecting the allocation due to lack of take up etc but to blame DUFC and basically state its a club backed boycott is crazy

OK Tedi, you can try the 'I am a reasonable bloke' image, but it doesn't wash.

But as you and your sidekicks such as Bennett, Bender and No 8 say often enough, you are either for Rangers/Sevco or against them. No fence sitting allowed. Anyone who questions any part of the scandal that is Rangers is condemned as a 'plastic' or a 'diddy' team supporter. mad.gif

You have chosen your camp Tedi. Get on with it and kiss your leader's ass one more time.

Leave the fake indignation to others. .rolleyes.gif

“@gordon2martin: @Chris72600702 we're actually at home, to Stirling, celebrating 140 years of no child abuse at our club, can you say the same?”

And the child abuse obsession continues.....

“@gordon2martin: @Chris72600702 we're actually at home, to Stirling, celebrating 140 years of no child abuse at our club, can you say the same?”

And the child abuse obsession continues.....

Not to mention their obsession with all things

P&B

Spiers on Sport: why Rangers fans seek ‘vengeance’ on Dundee United The Scottish Herald

Spiers on Sport: why Rangers fans seek ‘vengeance’ on Dundee United

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/opinion/spiers-on-sport-why-rangers-fans-seek-vengeance-on-dundee-united.1354639855?

The Rangers fans - and now their club - have spoken.

There will be next to no Rangers supporters travelling to Tannadice for the Scottish Cup fifth round clash with Dundee United in February.

What a saga this has become of bitterness, aggro and not the faintest whiff of vengeance.

A snapshot of Rangers supporters’ views over the past 24 hours had revealed quite a huff and a disdain over all things Dundee United.

With various fans’ groups claiming the tie should be boycotted, Charles Green, an Ibrox CEO who has learned how to play “onside” with supporters, swiftly issued a statement saying no Rangers ticket allocation would be taken for Tannadice.

A recent history of bad blood is cited as the reason. “The dislike between Rangers and Dundee United fans has grown more than with any other club,” said Ross Blyth of the Rangers Supporters Assembly.

The ill-feeling felt towards United by some Rangers fans comes in layers. In 2009 the Tannadice club failed to reimburse thousands of travelling fans when a game between the two clubs was abandoned due to a water-logged pitch.

Then came a stack of events around the disintegration of Rangers, and the perception that United and in particular its chairman, Stephen Thompson, were dancing on the club’s grave.

Thompson is said by some to have been outspoken on the newco Rangers being denied re-entry to the SPL – though, in fact, his was a stance shared by another 10 SPL club chairmen.

Add to this simmering pot the fact that Dundee United knocked Rangers out of last season’s Scottish Cup, and a further rammy over the gate-money for that tie, and you have quite a feud developing.

There are grounds for resentment among Rangers fans, especially given the money they plough into the Scottish game, though some of the stuff currently doing the rounds also sounds a tad hysterical.

One Rangers fans’ statement implied that Dundee United, along with other SPL clubs, wanted Rangers “destroyed” last summer during the various wrangles over the club’s future.

For the most part, the wider consensus in Scottish football was that Rangers should face the consequences of the sins of the ‘oldco’. Save for a few idiots, no-one mentioned “destruction”, not least given that, in that regard, the Ibrox club appeared to need no extra hands.

A large section of the Rangers support, as they put it, will not “forgive or forget” last summer’s events. Rightly or wrongly, they view the rest of Scottish football, together with some willing conspirators at the SFA and SPL, as being out to get them.

A consequence of this is a recurring desire among Rangers fans to see the SPL either flop or disintegrate. Perhaps more tellingly, and from quite a lofty height, some Rangers fans even warn of imminent destruction wrought by themselves.

HeraldScotland today carries a photo of Rangers fans bearing a banner which read: “Sink Us And We’ll Sink You.” Don’t anyone say they weren’t warned.

A boycott is every fan’s right, and this one appears to be galvanising the Rangers support. Fans cannot be expected to muzzle their grievances, certainly not today when organised events via the internet can sweep like wildfire.

This one, however, may have to be a one-game stop. Certainly, were this young Rangers team to make a serious assault on reaching a Scottish Cup final at Hampden, the club’s support would be beside itself at the prospect.

It would be hard to imagine a more lauded or celebrated Rangers Scottish Cup triumph, were it to be in any danger of happening come May. It would provide the ultimate two-fingered salute to the world by Ibrox fans who have felt persecuted on all sides.

But a Rangers fans’ boycott of the Scottish Cup wouldn’t go all the way, would it? In that scenario, the desire to support the team would probably overcome the current “eye for an eye” mentality.

It looks like Dundee United, with almost perfect timing, will bear the brunt. But the real winners – and it will be the ultimate victory – will be on the park.