Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

OK Tedi, you can try the 'I am a reasonable bloke' image, but it doesn't wash.

But as you and your sidekicks such as Bennett, Bender and No 8 say often enough, you are either for Rangers/Sevco or against them. No fence sitting allowed. Anyone who questions any part of the scandal that is Rangers is condemned as a 'plastic' or a 'diddy' team supporter. mad.gif

You have chosen your camp Tedi. Get on with it and kiss your leader's ass one more time.

Leave the fake indignation to others. .rolleyes.gif

Fuxxake, this board is full of complaints when the three amigos spout their repetitive p!sh, asking for more reasoned debate on topic. Tedi comes on and gives an honest and fair answer and still gets it ticht :blink:

Fuxxake, this board is full of complaints when the three amigos spout their repetitive p!sh, asking for more reasoned debate on topic. Tedi comes on and gives an honest and fair answer and still gets it ticht :blink:

Tedi does make a fair point, but I think the problem is that he has, since joining the board, unflinchingly followed the Amigo party line, and showed himself to be pretty damned stubborn in the face of facts or reason. His post decrying this boycott makes a lot of sense, and is just the kind of thing most of us want to hear from rangers fans.

Had Tedi not spent his time sucking up to Bennett, and throwing green dots at that buffoon Bendarroch, we wouldn't have the suspicion that someone had hijacked his account. wink.gif

But fair enough, moving along - thanks for the post, Tedi, and let's have a bit more sense from the rest of the rangers mob.smile.gif

If I am totally honest, I am shocked that the club released this statement, I was speaking about this with a UTD fan and I was adamant the club would never back a boycott

I fully expected all of the fan clubs to support it but not the club

I feel pretty sad about it, I was looking forward to moving on and have been enjoying this season but this is a poor decision by the club that will haunt us for years to come

Someone neutral should start mediation or this could spiral quite badly

There was a growing body of opinion that the boycott had to happen, Tedi. To the extent that some were preparing a picket line at the ground to ask Rangers supporters not to enter. I think on the grounds of safety alone (as the statement suggests) it was the best thing for the club to refuse tickets.

Daily Record are producing an 8 page pullout ramorra for the Club that died of shame and in disgrace.

Apparantley they were 140 years old when the sectarian fuckwits died.

Anyway, how many days old are Newcunto F.C. ?

I'll need to send them a birthday card for Saturday's match v Stirling.

I see those "boycotting" are still peddling the myth that the SPL clubs voted against letting Rangers remain in the SPL, as opposed to allowing a newly formed club straight in.

They also appear to have forgotten that they "wanted to go to the third division" in the first place. I wonder why they've forgotten that? Why attack Dundee United for giving them what they say they wanted?

Oh aye, I remember - because most of them didn't decide they "wanted to go" until they realised that they had no other option.

Obsessed from Paisley writes...

Wait a wee minute here, according to Bennett there was no boycott until United described them as The Rangers on their official website. Infact i'm sure he said if United sacked the person who wrote it, the boycott would be called off.

Just think it United hadn't have made that cheap jibe against us on their website then none of this would be happening, now if Thompson were to sack whoever was responsible then some of us may change our minds.

Edited by dave.j

Obsessed from Paisley writes...

Wait a wee minute here, according to Bennett there was no boycott until United described them as The Rangers on their official website. Infact i'm sure he said if United sacked the person who wrote it, the boycott would be called off.

But they do commonly refer to themselves as "the Rangers", don't they?

Which would mean that Bennett is beeling over the use of a capital "T", rather than a lower case one, surely.

Which would mean that Bennett is beeling over the use of a capital "T", rather than a lower case one, surely.

You know in reality, it accually could be just that.

They really do get upset at the slightest thing these days.

Calls of boycotts etc, it really isn't the Rangers way is it. I mean Old Bill Struth, jeez, if he was alive today, the poor guy would be appauled at how the majority of fans have acted, how Murray, Whyte, McCoist, Jardine acted.

I mean, Bill talked about how big crowds will help other teams around them financially, but Bill said that thats something that they as a club should be proud of, certainley not something to beat other clubs with. He said there would be tough times, barron times, but they should act with dignity and respect for those around them. I dont think he ever said We Are The People, tho'.

It really is a shame what they have become, the beast that Murray made them. The arrogance that eminated from the club in the 90's and 2000's really went against any tradition that they had. That arrogance, now sees them believing they have to fight against everyone, that they have enemies. You can talk of religious signing policy, but thats all gone now, assigned to a footnote that should be forgotten about. its a great pity the vast majority of their fans still can't move on.

Poor Bill, the guy worked tirelessly to build a club to be proud of.... turning in his grave for the last 25 years!

The The Newcunto F.C. fans should be thanking us all for we allowed them into the 3rd Division without them having to apply and compete with teams like Spartans and Cove Rangers, etc.

Ungrateful cnuts.

Was it Clyde who were the 1 team who voted not to let them into the SFL?

did they boycott them aswell?

When I was young there was a best-selling book by John Fairgrieve called "The Rangers: A complete history of Scotland's greatest football club".

It was published in 1964, and no-one complained then about the use of "The".

They are boycotting everybody at the moment.

We shouldve helped them more during the summer.

Like killing off any chance of The Newcunto F.C. entering Scottish Football.

We only have ourselves to blame.

I see those "boycotting" are still peddling the myth that the SPL clubs voted against letting Rangers remain in the SPL, as opposed to allowing a newly formed club straight in.

They are playing the victim card very well, you'd almost forget the club was liquidated leaving a lot of creditors out of pocket

It's easier for then to blame everyone for this situation they landed in instead of just taking responsibility

According to Dave...

HMRC chasing replay in Rangers tax match

By Dave Waller Wednesday, 05 December 2012

http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/news/1163123/hmrc-chasing-replay-rangers-tax-match/?

HMRC is hoping to appeal against a tribunal that ruled in favour of Rangers' use of tax schemes. So far it's Rangers 2-1 HMRC.

The showdown began when it emerged that Rangers had used Employee Benefit Trusts to make £47.65m in payments to players and staff in the form of tax-free loans, from 2001 to 2010. HMRC scored first by challenging the payments, arguing that they were illegal. Rangers then equalized by disputing the bill, while a First Tier Tax Tribunal came off the bench in January and stuck a boot out to clinch what seemed to be the winner for Rangers, by ruling the scheme didn't breach tax law.

As they were loans not earnings, it said, they weren't liable for tax. Which of course left HMRC feeling sick as a parrot.

The Employee Benefit Trust is a classic tool of modern remuneration, and deftly highlights the grey area at the heart of today's bitter moral war against tax shenanigans. As the tribunal ruled, their use doesn't qualify as tax evasion, so they're not illegal. But it definitely constitutes clever tax avoidance - a tax dodge. The difference? While not illegal, it's hardly sporting, and definitely isn't challenging for the top spot in the premier league of 'things that make the working populace happy during a recession'.

The HMRC's legion of fans can at least take solace from the fact that Rangers are hardly running around looking like champs, despite their tribunal victory. The club has in fact endured an ignominious slide downwards. The old Rangers was under the control of Sir David Murray when it began using the EBTs. Murray sold the club for £1 to Scottish businessman Craig Whyte in 2011, while the tax liability was in dispute.

One month after the FTT's conclusion, the old Rangers, under the control of Whyte, was forced into administration by HMRC over non-payment of tax totalling about £14m, and the tax authority subsequently rejected proposals for a creditors agreement that would have allowed the old club to continue. These days Rangers is a new club, under the control of a consortium led by Charles Green, languishing in the Scottish Third Division.

And it's this that illustrates so much about the modern game: many clubs carry on chasing the glory with what seems scarcely any more regard for financial management than the average player has for grammar, monogamy or speed limits. And when it all comes crashing down, it's the fans, the ones who've kept the whole thing alive, that wind up suffering.

Being the honest, genuine, altruistic tax-paying man that i am, i thought some of you may be interested in reading Dave's article in 'Management Today'. smile.gif

When I was young there was a best-selling book by John Fairgrieve called "The Rangers: A complete history of Scotland's greatest football club".

Misleading title imo.

No way were they Scotland's greatest football club. ;)

No one should complain either as it's the proper name of the club and has been since 1872. And before any cunto gives this new club crap,please don't as we've heard it all before.

No one should complain either as it's the proper name of the club and has been since 1872. And before any cunto gives this new club crap,please don't as we've heard it all before.

But according to Bennett, thats why your Club's fans are boycotting the game.

He was a Good Hearts man.