Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It would appear to be an embarrassing moment for the HMRC to lose the FFT with all that evidence against the former club Rangers PLC and they have decided FCUK IT.

I know Rangers fans will still hold the position no matter what that Murray did all this by the books even when everything points to Rangers not playing their opposition on an even playing field by extending their wage budget to such an extent that they were bordering on or actually defrauding the tax payer and using any method available to gain the upper hand when it came to playing football and also by using so called dual contracts.

Then why should Rangers fans be upset that their new Rangers have nowt at all to do with the old club that got liquidated ? I mean that Green will use when the time comes that his Rangers are a completely new entity playing in the SFL 3rd division and have never ever been part of the SPL and have nowt to do with the club that got liquidated.AND HE WILL.

Still today's news keep the big thread open and that's the bottom line :lol:

Anyone feeling even remotely sorry for the Rangers read this ^^^^^ and you'll soon remember why the sooner they are dead the better.

I think you have missed the point entirely.

I neither want or need any sympathy from plastics or diddies alike.

We know our place in Scottish football - at the very top. And we'll back there very soon indeed.

Everyone knows it.

smile.gif

If this country did not have such a punitive tax system then perhaps there would not be as much incentive to look for ways round it, every single tax avoidance scheme or punitive tax are and always should be up for debate

Oh Tedi ohmy.gif. Are you suggesting that Murray setup EBTs as a way around 'the punitive tax system'?

'Way round it' smacks of tax avoidance, not tax efficiency. rolleyes.gif

Anyway if you don't like the punitive tax system why not give the Queen a bell and ask her to sort it. After all you guys have a hotline to her. laugh.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis

Another serious misuse of public funds.

Will they recover any funds for HMRC? No. There is nothing left in the oldco for a dividend.

Will it set a precedent to go after other clubs? No. The original judgment means each case will be treated on merit and take months/years to resolve.

Has a point of law been breached with the original judgment? No one has yet noted any.

Are HMRC feeling embarrassed by this case and are seeking redress to cover this embarrassment? You decide...

I think if someone at HMRC was doing this just because their nose was put out of joint they would be hauled over the coals. No they are doing it because they believe they can win, and this will be after going through the judgement in minute detail, as well as seeking the best external advice.

The score against the old Rangers board of directors was 2-1, but it is only half time. huh.gif

Come on Hector, get stuck in there lads. laugh.gif

Yeah I totally agree Murray operated a tax avoidance scheme, what is your point? :lol:

Amazon, Starbucks, Google run tax efficient businesses. And look at the stick they are getting.

Rangers were tax dodgers. laugh.gif

We can now categorise Rangers with those tax dodging students and the great unwashed you go on about so much. wink.gif

So if people get annoyed with tax dodgers and Rangers in particular, then you can't complain about it.

Edited by thelegendthatis

In my case £10k has been promised to Chuckie and his chuckettes.

How do I get Chuckie to contact me to ask for the £10k?

So i take it you never got the email today that was sent from the club about formal registration? All shareholders of the PLC,Debenture Bondholders and registered supporters got theirs'. Contact Green direct or better still send me a cheque and i'll invest it. Failing that contact Bairnforever,he'll advise otherwise as the club will be gone by 14/2/13,according to him.

I note that the BBC state in the HMRC appeal article that The Rangers are indeed a new club.

HMRC appeal - BBC

Administrators Duff and Phelps then negotiated a sale of assets to a consortium led by Charles Green for £5.5m.

He has since formed a new club, now playing in the Scottish Football League Third Division.

8)

Amazon, Starbucks, Google run tax efficient businesses. And look at the stick they are getting.

Rangers were tax dodgers. laugh.gif

We can now categorise Rangers with those tax dodging students and the great unwashed you go on about so much. wink.gif

So if people get annoyed with tax dodgers and Rangers in particular, then you can't complain about it.

As Tedi says,you can categorise Rangers with whoever you like,that's your prerogative but nevertheless the first tieir tribunal verdict found in favour of the PLC,that's indisputable.

As Tedi says,you can categorise Rangers with whoever you like,that's your prerogative but nevertheless the first tieir tribunal verdict found in favour of the PLC,that's indisputable.

HMRC says Rangers owe tax - HMRC 1 Rangers 0

FTT say Rangers don't owe tax - HMRC 1 Rangers 1

Next goal's the winner...

So i take it you never got the email today that was sent from the club about formal registration? All shareholders of the PLC,Debenture Bondholders and registered supporters got theirs'. Contact Green direct or better still send me a cheque and i'll invest it. Failing that contact Bairnforever,he'll advise otherwise as the club will be gone by 14/2/13,according to him.

Did those bears not lose their money in the death of rangers CVA rejection days? And he wants them to invest in the new club?

On the day the Dandy finally dies as a printed comic, it's good to see one of the characters lives on...

brassneck-200.jpg