Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Let's face it, any half decent journalist is off across theborder for English Gold every bit as quick as our footballers; only the drossthe English media won't touch are left behind, stuck in the shitty little OFcentric toilet bowl like the skid marks they are.

Funny how the panel had no idea what to do with Thomson when they couldnt just cut him off.

The more Hugh tried to make excuses the funnier it got.

Was good to hear things went back to normal with David the pished rangers fan. He was going on about how good the journalists in Glasgow were, until Tommo questioned him and then it was all bluster and stuttering.

The point the panel failed to grasp though with their "we've done good stories and journalism since this story broke", is that this has been going on for YEARS!!!!

If I was Hugh's editor I'd be having this conversation in the morning..............

"So Hugh, you've been in media since we used quills and are supposed to be some kind of Gandalf in scottish football, so how come you couldnt find out about Campbell Ogilvie and his EBT, yet some guy from england has popped over the wall on his lunch and managed to get this exclusive, hmmmm?"

Edited by PeeTeeJag

Yip good knockabout stuff there with Thomson running rings round Keevins ( "I'm only a football writer" :bairn ) in particular. Just a shame it seems he's been thoroughly trolled on twitter by the Leggatt alias, who must now be slightly concerned at a knock on the door from the Old Bill.

:lol:

Trying to put pressure on the duffers?

lets be honest they were never serious bidders anyway..........Rangers were ALWAYS going to be liquidated and no amount of posturing with succulent lamb media will convince me otherwise.

lets be honest they were never serious bidders anyway..........Rangers were ALWAYS going to be liquidated and no amount of posturing with succulent lamb media will convince me otherwise.

You kidding? the bloo knight's have nearly £15 million.

I agree, the question for me as I said a few weeks ago,is what are the SPL and SFA going to do about the decades of side contracts, which incidently stand alone from the tax case

Edited by LordHawHaw

Apparently the Blue Knights are ready to stand aside as Ticketus have done a deal with the Singaporean consortium for £14m with the aim of saving the club from liquidation. (As far as I recall TBK deal with Ticketus was for £10m.)

Love the way all these "bidders" are happy to assume that they can shaft the creditors.

I agree, the question for me as I said a few weeks ago,is what are the SPL and SFA going to do about the decades of side contracts, which incidently stand alone from the tax case

100% agree with you:

For me

• if found guilty of dual contracts they should be expelled from the league.

• if liquidated they should have to apply for a place in the SFL and start in the 3rd division if accepted

if they are parachuted straight back into the SPL its all over for me as far as football is concerned.

Listening to the phone-ins this evening reminds me of the great Only an Excuse sketch where the audience member says "Does the panel think.....eh, that's it, does the panel think?"

Edited for awful spelling!

Edited by Mark Connolly

100% agree with you:

For me

• if found guilty of dual contracts they should be expelled from the league.

• if liquidated they should have to apply for a place in the SFL and start in the 3rd division if accepted

if they are parachuted straight back into the SPL its all over for me as far as football is concerned.

Pretty much sums it up for me

Presumably you will also want to see action taken against Celtic for their use of dual contracts and EBTs?

Blue Knights outbid by Ng according to Al Lamont of the BBC.

edited to add... but will bid again if Ng fails to do the business.

So they're in?, they're out?, they turn about?

When the fuckity f**k is the last final bid?