Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

As I said on another thread I'm beginning to think the Ng bid is a front for a gambling syndicate. Ng claims to be a Ger but the other members obviously aren't. He's worth £40/50M and the club has three times that much in debts. What's in it for the others? Easy to take over a struggling high-profile club who will have to cut spending and use them in betting scams in the Far East. The Scots running the club will be the fall guys if anything should go wrong. Goals let in at certain times in matches, games lost against lowly teams, the players well paid to keep their mouths shut. Either that or a means to launder dirty money.

Rangers ought to be a perfect target for a Russian oligarch or an Arab oil sheikh but they aren't, which leaves one asking why in hell are two foreigners, one who knows nothing about football and another who's been a "fan" for 40 years and has heard of John Greig but has never taken the trouble to fly over to Europe for a cup final, even the 2008 UEFA Cup, so desperate to take them over. Far too dodgy to be kosher.

The second part of your post is spot on.

Wishful thinking for the first part though.

Seems to me that the latest twist is another attempt by Duff & Duffer to draw out the process even longer? If legal battles are ongoing they could take months or even years!

Will we know what the position is in time for the new fixtures being released in June?

Seems to me that the latest twist is another attempt by Duff & Duffer to draw out the process even longer? If legal battles are ongoing they could take months or even years!

Will we know what the position is in time for the new fixtures being released in June?

*cough* any new league set up needs two years notice SNFL *cough*

cant think why a long drawn out process would be a good idea :unsure:

Aye. East Stirlingshire away.

Do the SPL have the same requirement as the SFL about a club being able to prove it has the means to fulfill it's fixtures for the coming season otherwise you're out? That's what eventually did for Livi I think.

Think there was a Dundee United fan who made a similar point above, but the nonsense being spouted by Chick Young about not punishing the fans but punishing those who got them into this mess really pisses me off.

Those people were representing the club. For the most part they had the backing of the fans. They acted on behalf of the club and in running up those debts had a major effect on all the clubs in the league that played within the rules. My club spent seven years in Division One while clubs all around us were going into administration and racking up debts they couldn't possibly pay. Our chairman was laughed at for pointing out the Gretna "dream" was unsustainable. Rangers went out and bought the best players of all the other clubs with money they didn't have - punishing the fans of those more responsible clubs by stripping them of their best talent all the while rewarding their fans.

You can't really separate those who were in charge with the club. As such, you have to punish the club who at the end of the day benefitted endlessly over those years thanks to non payment of tax, alleged tax evasion and the running up of enormous debts that could never be paid.

Rangers FC must be punished for what amounts to the biggest episode of financial doping in Scottish football history.

And Yorkston's quote just shows how out of touch he is with his own fanbase and the wider SPL fanbase. Surely Dunfermline fans will get him telt?

Do the SPL have the same requirement as the SFL about a club being able to prove it has the means to fulfill it's fixtures for the coming season otherwise you're out?

Please please please.

I can't imagine that Rangers in their current format will still exist come August.

The money Haudit and Daudit saved with the wage cuts was to get them through to mid-May and see out the season, when the plan was to have a new owner by then laugh.gif

How on earth are they gonnae see out the summer (roughly 11 weeks) with no income?

They could i guess sell all the good players Naismith, McGregor and Davis but i doubt anyone will buy before July.

Honestly, you leave this thread be for a day or two and then, when you eventually come back to it, it's changed so much you can't recognise it. I've seen "Carry On" films with a more logical storyline than this, (I'm thinking specifically of Khyber and Cleo).

So - the Blue Knights, who don't do walking away, have done just that. What wacky, zany, golly-gee-whilikers development can possibly come next?

My money's on a joint bid from that nice Amanda Barrie and Asian millionaire playboy, the Khazi of Khalibar!

Oh I dont know, isn't the Rumpo Kid still in with a shout?

Think there was a Dundee United fan who made a similar point above, but the nonsense being spouted by Chick Young about not punishing the fans but punishing those who got them into this mess really pisses me off.

Those people were representing the club. For the most part they had the backing of the fans. They acted on behalf of the club and in running up those debts had a major effect on all the clubs in the league that played within the rules. My club spent seven years in Division One while clubs all around us were going into administration and racking up debts they couldn't possibly pay. Our chairman was laughed at for pointing out the Gretna "dream" was unsustainable. Rangers went out and bought the best players of all the other clubs with money they didn't have - punishing the fans of those more responsible clubs by stripping them of their best talent all the while rewarding their fans.

You can't really separate those who were in charge with the club. As such, you have to punish the club who at the end of the day benefitted endlessly over those years thanks to non payment of tax, alleged tax evasion and the running up of enormous debts that could never be paid.

Rangers FC must be punished for what amounts to the biggest episode of financial doping in Scottish football history.

And Yorkston's quote just shows how out of touch he is with his own fanbase and the wider SPL fanbase. Surely Dunfermline fans will get him telt?

You make a lot of good points my good man but i was hoping you would have flung in a how much would Chick care if for example St Johnstone decided to spend a few years avoiding tax and generally doing what they liked?

I get the feeling the opinion would be time to face the music boys.

When Airdrie went bust and Sir David of Murrayness said "we are running a business" in regard to money owed to him did the media make a lot of noise about kicking them when down?

So why now that other clubs are seizing upon this chance of success are they seen as the bad guys?

Karma Rangers, karma biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Latest blog from Alex Thomson. I was in tears reading this. Greetin'

Someone needs to have a word with that Paul Davidson.

But Thomson has a point. Andwhat about the Fighting Fund - who are they keeping going with their £300k?

won't somebody think of the bams at college in sprinburn :angry:

I said weeks ago that they will have to prove they have the ability to actively compete next season. At this moment in time they can't. Any newco will need all the paperwork, player registrations, player contracts, staff contracts, yada, yada, yada in place by the end of this season? Possibility of no rangers competing at all next season?

Viable, I think so unless unless their Grand Master Wizard Mason guy casts them some sort of spell to get them out of this shite. In that case we'll all be expected to take it up the farter while rangers plod on as if nothing happens.

The Big If is IF they can't compete then who comes in as we will be a team down and where would that leave Govan Sons Of William Atheletic Club?

Wee guy i work with is a "Rangers man", now i feel i should tell you when i asked him if he was going to the recent cup game at Falkirk or the legends match at Ibrox he wasn't interested dry.gif

Anyway he comes in on Monday and is chatting to all the other like minded Rangers guys about a fundraiser he was at on Sunday that was attended by Mark Hateley.

Mark Hateley had told those in attendance that he wanted Paul Murray and his consortium to win control of Rangers because he knew him from years back.

Forget the fact Murray wasn't putting up any cash himself, or overlooking the fact he wasn't even the highest bidder Hateley knew him blink.gif What a fudlaugh.gif

Poor blog imo. Hope his usual standard is better than that.

Company in administration don't settle creditor claims in full. Erm, yes. That's kindof the point. If you can afford to pay £350 out, then the largest creditor gets the biggest share of that, if a CVA is agreed.

The Big If is IF they can't compete then who comes in as we will be a team down and where would that leave Govan Sons Of William Atheletic Club?

Falkirk biggrin.gif

Actually stick it up your arse, we have Dunfermline in the 1st to get me interested in next season, Playing the debt is good brigade in the SPL isn't all you lot think it is.

The longer this goes on, the more I think that, never mind CVA's, Newco's or Phoenix teams, a completely new entity, seperate from the current club & under some sort of Rangers guise, will appear in next seasons SPL.

Please please please.

I can't imagine that Rangers in their current format will still exist come August.

The money Haudit and Daudit saved with the wage cuts was to get them through to mid-May and see out the season, when the plan was to have a new owner by then laugh.gif

How on earth are they gonnae see out the summer (roughly 11 weeks) with no income?

They could i guess sell all the good players Naismith, McGregor and Davis but i doubt anyone will buy before July.

didnt they take the 75% pay cuts untill the end of current season.and have new contracts saying they would be back on full wages or sold for an agreed price. 250,000 ?

didnt they take the 75% pay cuts untill the end of current season.and have new contracts saying they would be back on full wages or sold for an agreed price. 250,000 ?

If i remember correctly they agreed to the wage cut on the basis of being sold cheap in the summer.

Maybe someone who cares about them can brief us?

I am no Yorkston defender but, in fairness, he was very clear in the programme later on that if he is asked to vote on newco he would defintely vote no. He actually went right up in my estimation tonight because he was so clear in his position. Politically, he can hardly be seen to say anything other then he hopes for a CVA at this stage. I was very assured generally by Sportsound tonight - first time i have felt a big swing on BBC towards the phrase sporting integrity vs financial survival (rather than an onslaught of Young/Traynor succulent lamb bollocks). There's only one answer.