Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I've just received a warning for inappropriate language. I thought I had circumvented the rules by inventing a new word which contained the banned word.

( I presume the word 'Hungarian' ,as used to describe Ferenc Puskas, for example, would not fall foul of the rules :) )

However, I shall accept my warning and will avoid using any unwelcome epithets in future posts.

I'd like to know if my warning was the result of a complaint. I really do hope so. :thumsup2

Scottish Media PR campaign on behalf of King ...

The real world ....King has to pay a fine totalling R3.208m (R80 000 per count) or 24 months imprisonment.

He then came to an agreement with SARS regarding the 'rest' of the tax owed ......

How come the Scottish Media are playing dumb?

Slight correction

The effective sentence, as confirmed in the agreement, is a fine of R3 280 000.00 or 984 months (82 years) imprisonment.

Err, no brainer, eh?

Edited by cyderspaceman

So, almost a year and a half on, have any Rangers fans been convinced that the team playing at Ibrox is a new club?

And has anyone else been convinced otherwise?

To be fair its not really a debate. rangers fans think they are the same due to circumventing the law and governing bodies ignoring this.

Fans of all other clubs think they are brand new and began life in 2012.

The problem that rangers fans have is that they care very very very deeply of how others perceive their club. Hence the arrogant triumphalism. This leads to problem number two. They will never be allowed to forget that they are new and will never be seen as the same club and they cannae take it.

So, almost a year and a half on, have any Rangers fans been convinced that the team playing at Ibrox is a new club?

Yes my father in law and most of his friends who were shareholders/indenture holders and also small to medium businessmen. They are well aware that they were shareholder in the club and had indentures in the club, and have been royally shafted. I suspect most current share holders also away that they have shares in Rangers International Football CLUB the name of the new club.

Edited by Insaintee

Yep and if they were not a new club they would not have had to come to an agreement to accept the old club's debt as a condition of being granted a new licence by the SFA and SFL

A 'new licence'?

Never mind The SFA and football club rules, I'm quite certain that in Scottish Company Law, anyone convicted of fraud and tax evasion would not easily become a director of a Scottish Company. In this case, both the holding company and the football company (which is the club) would be subject to Scots Co Law. I'm sure Companies House Edinburgh, would find King joining the board of any Scottish Company, wholly inappropriate.

Yes my father in law and most of his friends who were shareholders/indenture holders and also small to medium businessmen. They are well aware that they were shareholder in the club and had indentures in the club, and have been royally shafted. I suspect most current share holders also away that they have shares in Rangers International Football CLUB the name of the new club.

What is it with St Mirren fans having Rangers supporting father in laws with the same views regarding a new club?

I have mentioned this before that my father - a life long rangers supporter - fully accepts it is not the same club and he was so upset by it, I actually tried to convince him otherwise :o . Luckily for me, he doesn't do computers. :)

Bears convincing themselves that Dave was never convicted ..

STV made the list ... what will they watch ?

after the hysterical 'no to newco' campaign instigated by the t***s

More re-writing of history. In my memory it was the diddies, led by Aberdeen, who were the main instigators.

Anyway, it was YES to Newco and NO to Sameclub.