Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

1335296831[/url]' post='6171270']

Didn't see Channel 4 news tonight but big credit to Stuart Cosgrove. One of only a handful of Scottish media figures who has made any of the relevant points during this whole saga.

He was excellent on Off The Ball on Saturday, talking quite passionately about how perhaps diddy fans who want integrity and responsible governance actually are wiser and more capable than they've been made out to be. All you've heard from the sycophantic and usually incompetent media/governing bodies/club chairmen is that people who proclaim to not 'need tha rainjurs' are bitter, ignorant, paranoid, Celtic sympathising fools. Even Cowan who usually likes a pop at the OF was going down the sympathy route and it was absolutely tremendous to hear someone broadcast a bit of commen sense.

Anyone watching C4 give me a wee summary of what he had to say tonight? He's become the Chief Scottish football mythbuster in my eyes :lol: He's mentioned often browsing P&B so keep up the good work!

Cosgrove on ch4news

Here you go

I really hope the views of the rest of Scotland get taken on board if Rangers do appeal this - the way that it's being covered, even on the BBC website it shows the Rangers fans outrage without showing this very common - "serve's them right, when's the funeral? Where are my tap shoes?" attitude.

I look forward to the visit of Spartans to Broadwood next season.

Also, about Cosgrove giving a view which echoes that, he is a P&B member, I have no idea who he is (I believe it's a state secret) but I'm not surprised he's of the "no to newco" school of thought.

Yeah the impression given from the media about rangers has no relation to the opinion of the public, if you read any club forum it's 99% ...die rangers die.

Yeah the impression given from the media about rangers has no relation to the opinion of the public, if you read any club forum it's 99% ...die rangers die.

Its amusing to see these Celtic fans attempting to sidey up to the diddy fans.

99% want you lot to die as well. In fact 99.999999% of us.

And when Rangers die, your club's days are numbered.

Old Firm RIP. 8)

1335290776[/url]' post='6170884']

Apologies if someone else said this but with 30 odd pages added today i aint reading them all.

I read in the paper today that Rangers had a hotel stay in Edinburgh for their league match with Hearts on Saturday, WTF?

It takes less than an hour from Ibrox to Gorgie and the game was at 3.00 FFS.

Assuming with players and staff they had about 25 people staying over the bill would've been thousands, i thought Duff and Phelps were bean counters?

Also worth a mention is how many creditors are owed less cash than the hotel bill?

How can a hotel stay be necessary for a journey counted in minutes rather than hours?

Are Rangers just taking the piss now? I thought it was bad enough trying to sign Cousin the same day they enter administration but this is just shitting on every small creditor.

In case you're wondering the hotel they stayed in was Malmaisson, it certainly isnt a Travelodge.

Cosgrove on ch4news

Here you go

Wow. Great stuff. The narrow-minded rhetoric around Rangers clearly isn't contained within Scotland so it's even more pleasing to here someone speak the truth on a UK platform.

He must be absolutely ashamed to share a station with the likes of Traynor and Chic. <_<

In Leith? Fucks sake, Govans closer!

Could you imagine if a normal company were in administration and were still hosing thousands of pounds on pointless costs. I'm sure the creditors are ecstatic that their business interests are being treated with such disdane. Disgusting club.

Newsnight Scotland at 11 on BBC2 might be worth watching:

Newsnight Scotland @NewsnightScot Plus legal and financial experts join us to discuss whether there is now any way that #rangers can avoid liquidation. #newsnicht
Edited by welshbairn

If Rangers maintain 45,000 crowds then this punishment will be meaningless in terms of survival, indeed it will stop the club spending even more money.

It will certainly impact on their performance. The administrators were struggling to find a buyer in anycase.

Looks like rangers fans want to 1) survive and 2) stay at the top of scottish football. It seems to have shocked them that this will not just happen.

An independant panel makes a decision following brand new rules agreed by all clubs - big deal.

Yes.

The only downside of this whole hilarious Rangers mess is seeing Celtic fans taking part in the gloating, making them even more insufferable than usual.

Two cheeks of the same shit smeared arse.

Hopefully won't have to wait long until we can laugh at the demise of the green bigots as well.

I was expecting and hoping someone would have dug up some serious dirt on the green bigots by now.

Unfortunately whereas Celtic have Rangerstaxcase, Rangers have Mr Leggoland...

That's the first time I've caught any of the C4 stuff, and Cosgrove gave a decent account for once. The BBC's coverage of this thing has been laughable, nevermind the nonsense the papers have been spouting.

Rangers will be liquidated. There is no legal way of avoiding this. End of.

Somebody (anybody) can and will start a newco, but the only thing making them "Rangers" will be a similar name.

This newco, should be treated like any other club, and apply to join the SFL at the bottom rung.

They will likely be accepted purely on the basis of fanbase, potential & revenue and this will be fair enough, as this is the type of criteria the SFL always seeks.

HOWEVER, the time is running out to establish a newco in time for next season. The longer this drags out, the better, as we will be less likely to see a "Rangers" any time soon without a pyramid structure.

In short, goodbye and good riddance you bigot scum.

Could you imagine if a normal company were in administration and were still hosing thousands of pounds on pointless costs. I'm sure the creditors are ecstatic that their business interests are being treated with such disdane. Disgusting club.

A few people have banded about the phrase "they don't get it" well it's my turn.

May i just say i'm not talking about their fans here either but Rangers as a whole club "don't get it"

Apart from the 10 point deduction from the SPL what has changed down Govan way in the last 10 weeks?

A lot of people have said this is the strangest administration ever. I agree

Every punishment handed out is met with "no fair" and we will protest, appeal, get revenge etc.

The club truly believe they are untouchable and again i'm not referring to just their fans.