Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

All this pish about making it harder to sell Rangers as a viable going concern. It's not a viable going concern so who gives a f**k.

At this point in time any decent Rangers fans should just want their club to survive. Competitiveness and what league they are in should be secondary. But they want their cheating cake and eat it. Absolute c***s.

Liquidate them and do us all a favour.

You're not being pedantic - it's the rules.

If I-Can't-Believe-It's-No-Gretna have had to sit out playing in the Scottish Cup for three years because of the accounts rules (and are still subject to a ground inspection being able to be made on time by a blazer), then why the fuckery are Rangers so special some seem to think they've to be allowed to jump right back into the league - and the top league at that according to some of the ultra-deluded?

There's no reason, so they can sit and sulk in the Juniors/EOS/SOS (if they'll have them) for three years or disappear into history's dustbin as a worked example of the bigger the pride, the bigger the fall.

No they can't. You cannot submit papers claiming that you ran a company for three years that three years ago didn't exist. You could try converting an existing company for three years into a sports one, and attempt getting around it that way, but woe betide any football authority sanctioning such subterfuge with UEFA when they have no accounts for three years as a football club. As I've said before, now is not a very good time to test their patience, especially with Rapid Vienna goosestepping up and down the corridors of power demanding their money back.

Some think the SFA are already backtracking from yesterday, I think Regan's statements were more a case of flowery words in the face of all the ludicrous conspiracy theories doing the rounds about the SFA being "out to kill Rangers". He could hardly say "you brought it all on yourselves" - that's not what officialdom is allowed to do. In any case, did anyone ever think in their wildest dreams the SFA would act the way they did on Monday? My guess is this isn't just for show before backpeddling, to me it appears they really have just about had enough at the end of a tortuous season when several clubs have tested their patience to the limit.

Here is my tuppence worth.

The SFA realise what we all do and Rangers are goners, they therefore know full well that coming down hard on them is easy.

Just look at the whole Whyte situation. After he screws Rangers over and all the stuff about him being who he is becomes public knowledge they ride in and say he's not a fit and proper person to run a club. Yeah man do it now it's easy and he won't come back. Try doing it at the end of last season when the Rangers fans were loving him and he was the only person interested in buying Murray's tax scam club, then we would've seen uproar.

The SFA have come out of this looking like an organisation not to be messed with. I say they still have no backbone.

To fine Whyte just confirms that they want to look tough when we all know that when he heard he probably pished himself laughing.

Hmmmm St Mirren failed to play two outfield players under the age of 21 against Spartans in their Scottish Cup tie in 2006 and were fined £25,000

That's a one game mistake £25,000

10 years x what 40 games minimum @ £25,000 = £10 million and with inflation possibly more :lol:

£160,000 IS AN ABSOLUTE BARGAIN

We were going to be fined relatively heavilly for playing Michael Paton on loan but got chucked out the whole competition when it turned out we actually did it twice. Same happened to Dunfermline when they broke a series of rules.

Using similar hardline punishments, Rangers would be jammy just to stay in the league after uncountable rule breaches!

Edited by Hedgecutter

I know this is a bit late but I was working at the time. I still caught enough of Sportsound however to realise Traynor is starting to panic.

His position seems to be that we need 4 Old Firm games because losing the T.V deal would signal armageddon.

BUT

His position also seems to be that Rangers should rightfully start again in the 3rd Division.

He seems to think the 2 are compatible.

I don't think he really cares as long as Rangers survive.

Tonights programme was a joke, shouting the whole way thru Rangers because they are a big club. Get stuffed. Just because you are a big team doesnt mean you can get away with a 10 point deduction and a fine, which they cant pay anyway.

Thought Traynors and Dodds comments were incredibly strange to say the least, going along the lines of 'Yes they have broken the rules and should be punished but the punishment should be watered down because others will be affected and they are a big club' and making it out that its for the good of all Scotttish Football if Rangers remain in the SPL. Dodds said he wasnt thinking of whats best for Rangers but for the other clubs (which is complete bollocks in itself). And just for good measure they threw in that if anyone cant see that then they are blind idiots with the IQ of a baby born to two inbred cousins'.

Whats best for Scottish football is that its integrity remains at all costs, if that means Rangers get thrown out the league then they deserve it. I dont see why its so hard to realise. :blink:

Plus Dodds made it out that if it was a lesser team sympathy would have been shown. More bollocks being spouted to make it appear the proceedings and punishments are biased.:angry:

And is it just me but did the admin guy who was on not have an answer to the question "what would be a suitable punishment then". Seemed to flouder, talk drivel and avoid giving an answer.

Edited by meanmistermustard

We were going to be fined relatively heavilly for playing Michael Paton on loan but got chucked out the whole competition when it turned out we actually did it twice. Same happened to Dunfermline when they broke a series of rules.

Using similar hardline punishments, Rangers would be jammy just to stay in the league after uncountable rule breaches!

In 96 when we played John Clark v St Mirren when we shouldn't have we were fined £25k (IIRC) and made to replay the game we'd won, so effectively a 3 point deduction.

Here is my tuppence worth.

The SFA realise what we all do and Rangers are goners, they therefore know full well that coming down hard on them is easy.

Just look at the whole Whyte situation. After he screws Rangers over and all the stuff about him being who he is becomes public knowledge they ride in and say he's not a fit and proper person to run a club. Yeah man do it now it's easy and he won't come back. Try doing it at the end of last season when the Rangers fans were loving him and he was the only person interested in buying Murray's tax scam club, then we would've seen uproar.

The SFA have come out of this looking like an organisation not to be messed with. I say they still have no backbone.

To fine Whyte just confirms that they want to look tough when we all know that when he heard he probably pished himself laughing.

Look at it from another angle Listen to the rhetoric coming out of Ibrox. The Mcoist mutterings along the lines of people are taking a kick while were are down but we will come back stronger is a not so thinly veiled threat.

So if your sitting in your office in Hampden you have a choice put the boot in or wait for the day Rangers get back on their feet and do number on you similar to the fate of Dallas.