Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"Quite frankly I don't give a damn what people say or write about me. I will do whatever I think is best for me. The media and the fans will make no difference to my success or failure."

Bonkers.

Beat me to it. And what about this gem,

Depending on how Dermot Desmond responds we may need to make it four times bigger.

For every 3 pounds Celtic spend.................

It really defies belief. I think maybe he knows fck all about what happened recently. He's giving that impression.

Jacksons profile pic is his reaction to that previous tweet :lol:

Season tickets at a reduced price, not to mention money leaving the club left, right and centre, while money coming into the club is vastly reduced thanks to uncle Charlie.

Keith tends to be so dramatic at times.

Vastly reduced wage bill? Oh, no, wait. Dramatic he may be, but hes absolutely right. Its absolutely scandalous that Rangers couldnt turn a profit in the lower leagues

Bennett must be Ally's spin doctor trying to defend the need to spend all that winning the seaside leagues.

Look at what QOS spent last season and won the same league with a huge margin.

They don't have all the hanger on crap that Sevco need because they are a 'massive club' though.

The new Rangers are just like the annoying neighbour who has to have a new car and seem extremely wealthy to all the other neighbours even when they are skint and down to the bear (pun intended) bones

Edited by Gaz FFC

Bennett must be Ally's spin doctor trying to defend the need to spend all that winning the seaside leagues.

Look at what QOS spent last season and won the same league with a huge margin.

They don't have all the hanger on crap that Sevco need because they are a 'massive club' though.

The new Rangers are just like the annoying neighbour who has to have a new car and seem extremely wealthy to all the other neighbours even when they are skint and down to the bear (pun intended) bones

"Fur coat & no knickers" is the expression I believe........

Jacksons profile pic is his reaction to that previous tweet :lol:

Vastly reduced wage bill? Oh, no, wait. Dramatic he may be, but hes absolutely right. Its absolutely scandalous that Rangers couldnt turn a profit in the lower leagues

And you are quite correct but turning a profit wasn't part of the plan for Green.

As usual Jacko tells us nothing new.

And you are quite correct but turning a profit wasn't part of the plan for Green.

As usual Jacko tells us nothing new.

Oh i think you will fid that "turning a profit" was very much greens plan.

He has turned a huge profit from this whole mess. The whole business plan was to maximise investors profit. The rest is all smoke and mirros of an utterly unsustainable short-term profit maximisation business model.

Everyone who got penny shares is laughing at the expense of the blind fans who have bankrolled them and paid straight onto their pockets.

The nutcase is at it again, talking to Keith Jackson at The Record...

South African businessman Dave King has launched another attempt to unsettle the current regime at Rangers, by claiming that the club are bankrupt and still run by Charles Green.

In an interview with the Daily Records Keith Jackson, King claimed that he will not buy out the current regime as the club needs his money not the shareholders.

He said: Charles Green doesnt need the money. I dont want to hand over my money to buy a bankrupt club. Where does the money come to build the team?

Every single pound I put into this I want it spent on the team and on the facilities like Murray Park and Ibrox. Why on earth would I want to give any of that to Charles Green?

When asked of accusations claiming he is muddying the waters with his comments, King fired a broadside at his critics claiming: Quite frankly I dont give a damn what people say or write about me. I will do whatever I think is best for me. The media and the fans will make no difference to my success or failure.

It was only last month that King called on the Rangers support to consider withholding their season ticket money unless there is a change at Ibrox. Now it seems that the man who would be King at Ibrox, seems to think that the fans will make no difference to him and his desire to control the Ibrox club.

King also stated any potential protest against the current regime would be silly citing that the board have given assurance as a public company. It would be a criminal offence for them to mislead the fans. They have said it is their intention to compete with Celtic and in Europe and its vital they are held to that. Go for it boys. Show us your business plan. The fans should sit back and say: The next move is yours.

As we mentioned last week, King has already outlined his plans to the Rangers fan representatives, but they have withheld said information from the majority of Rangers fans to date.

Despite Rangers financial problems past and present, King who was a member of Sir David Murray and Craig Whytes board that led to club into administration and subsequent liquidation, has said that Rangers need to invest significantly once again to challenge city rivals Celtic.

He added: We have to cut the wage gap between ourselves and Celtic in preparation for the return to the top flight but that money wont come from institutions. That is when I would hope to step in, with the fans, and take a very substantial shareholding.

When questioned on Rangers adopting a less hubristic approach, King continued: My view is my view. I half joked to the fans that if I take over as chairman of Rangers then within six weeks some of them will be trying to get rid of me. There will always be fans who grumble. But a business plan should be based on common sense.

There are two income streams available to Rangers. One is from the fans, the other is access to the European pot. Right now Celtic own that pot.

The only way we can access that revenue is to compete with Celtic. To do that, in our first year back we are going to have to treble our wage bill as a minimum. Depending on how Dermot Desmond responds we may need to make it four times bigger.

Somehow we must bridge the gap and understand that we will not get back to the top unless the costs lead the revenue. That wont come from institutions, its going to come from soft investments. Im willing to provide that soft money.

If we compete with Celtic then Europe looks after itself. But we are going to need a big injection of capital.

Certifiable....

That a character such as King, with his track record (as well as court record) can be met with ANY credibility and afforded the oxygen of the media, to spout this insane rhetoric is simply staggering. It borders on incitement of the crazed and, were it not so utterly laughable in it's jingoistic tone, should - no, WILL, serve as a clear warning to "Institutions" that this is poisonous in the extreme....with no prospect of a worthwhile "return".

Mr Glib has, without laying out his personal level of financial commitment, put out a begging bowl the size of a small African nation and is waiting to see what others want to stump up before contributing anything of his own and wants "considerable" control for whatever contribution he did make.

Aye Dave, nae bother big chap.... carry on.

Another Walter at Ibrox.....Walter Mitty King

I will do whatever I think is best for me.

Dont doubt it for a minute.

The fans will make no difference to my success or failure

Really?

It would be a criminal offence to mislead the fans

Would be shocking behaviour indeed to mislead fans...it would be like misleading investors while all the time you were selling millions of pounds worth of your own shares at an artificially high price....criminal indeed...unless you had so many other things over your head that the authorities thought ohh what's the point let's concentrate on the big stuff.

Rangers need to invest significantly once again to challenge city rivals Celtic.

We have to cut the wage gap between ourselves and Celtic.

There are two income streams available to Rangers. One is from the fans, the other is access to the European pot. Right now Celtic own that pot.

The only way we can access that revenue is to compete with Celtic.

In our first year back we are going to have to treble our wage bill as a minimum. Depending on how Dermot Desmond responds we may need to make it four times bigger.

Somehow we must bridge the gap to the top

If we compete with Celtic then Europe looks after itself.

Where to start?

post-9889-0-78180400-1395855974_thumb.jp

When will we get to see the Orange away tap?

Rangers being in the shit again was obvious. I'd they have to get bailed out again the fans should cough up, the idiots believed whyte, he fucked them over. Then green talks a load of shit, they buy into it aswell , fool me once...

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame we never listened to the Ps&Ds, fool me three time you better bring out an orange away tap"

I thought Hellbhoy was the Legal Dept? :unsure2:

Tsk tsk sjc., The QC is omnicompetent. He is the apotheosis of renaissance man which, in the context of The Big Thread, means he can::

Read without using his finger to keep to the lines

Cut and paste from The Record

Usually use the quote function and do so from more than one previous poster IN THE SAME REPLY

Add 3 different kinds of smilies to a post

Aye, he's some man, The QC.

When will we get to see the Orange away tap?

Fuxace Stoney. Quoting yerself from a post in January which wasn't very interesting the first time round? Here's a tip: Make a 'Ra skint Gers need an orange tap tae placate the raging and bigoted Bears' thread. I'd post on it. I've posted on much worse threads than that.

How are you doing anyway?

Edited to add: I've created much worse threads than that. Usually when pished.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Fuxace Stoney. Quoting yerself from a post in January which wasn't very interesting the first time round? Here's a tip: Make a 'Ra skint Gers need an orange tap tae placate the raging and bigoted Bears' thread. I'd post on it. I've posted on much worse threads than that.

How are you doing anyway?

Edited to add: I've created much worse threads than that. Usually when pished.

Aye, no bad Kinky old bean. It was a poor effort both times, agreed, but one has to appeal to the LCD every so often.

As for how I am doing, finally (unintended pun) washed the smell of the piggery out the other day after only my second visit there since I was one of thame back in the 80s, I thought it was the smell of puberty that blighted (pun intended) me back then, I was mistaken. How's yersel'?