Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

King Interview in today's Herald.

''I think the minimum - if we get lucky - is £30m and we will probably need £50m,'' he said. ''That would be to compete with Celtic. The Rangers' strategy should be a simple thing and I have discussed this with institutions. It is this: every year we have to compete with Celtic. That is the business plan.''

Oh my Fk!

''To me, Rangers is about spending money, not making money.'' :lol:

''I actually believe whatever I invest in Rangers I will never get back but I am happy to do it.'' :rolleyes:

''There is a business plan among Rangers directors and shareholders - who are not Rangers fans at the moment - that they can take £20m (in revenue) and put £19m out (in costs) and they will make profit.'' (seems fair) '' :) We would not recognise that Rangers as the way they should be. Rangers won't fail but they could succeed financially and be a small club. To me this is a personal failure because I expect Rangers to be the Rangers I know.'' :o

This guy should certainly be talking to Institutions. He is fkg radio rental. :o

So, a company worth £20m needs £50m worth of financial support over the next 2 to 3 years to win a football competition which delivers prize money of circa £3m.

In what way is this the real world which we live in?

plus champion league as well.

''I think the minimum - if we get lucky - is £30m and we will probably need £50m,'' he said. ''That would be to compete with Celtic. The Rangers' strategy should be a simple thing and I have discussed this with institutions. It is this: every year we have to compete with Celtic. That is the business plan.''

Oh my Fk!

''I actually believe whatever I invest in Rangers I will never get back but I am happy to do it.'' :rolleyes:

''There is a business plan among Rangers directors and shareholders - who are not Rangers fans at the moment - that they can take £20m (in revenue) and put £19m out (in costs) and they will make profit.'' (seems fair) '' :) We would not recognise that Rangers as the way they should be. Rangers won't fail but they could succeed financially and be a small club. To me this is a personal failure because I expect Rangers to be the Rangers I know.'' :o

This guy should certainly be talking to Institutions. He is fkg radio rental. :o

To be fair to him he doesn't specify which instititions he has been talking to...

“@BBCAlLamont: Rangers transfer Laxey £1m loan to fan and shareholder George Letham at a reduced interest rate.”

That doesn't read well. Are you saying that they have accepted the loan from Letham and cancelled the agreement with Laxey? The way it's written suggests that Letham will be paying Laxey with The Rangers paying Letham, surely that can't be right.

Oh my Fk!

Holy shit!!!

This guy's a fckin nutcase, i wouldn't trust him with my daughter's piggy bank!

That doesn't read well. Are you saying that they have accepted the loan from Letham and cancelled the agreement with Laxey? The way it's written suggests that Letham will be paying Laxey with The Rangers paying Letham, surely that can't be right.

Twitterings often come across like that.

I read ot as they are taking the loan from Letham rather than that nice Laxey mob.

“@BBCAlLamont: Rangers transfer Laxey £1m loan to fan and shareholder George Letham at a reduced interest rate.”

Surely if he's a FAN he would give them a loan "interest free".

I'm sure that's what king would do.

In fact why didn't king step in with all his cash and cover the loan??

Surely if he's a FAN he would give them a loan "interest free".

I'm sure that's what king would do.

In fact why didn't king step in with all his cash and cover the loan??

A loan, in return for shares? You would kind of think the convicted criminal would be all over that.

Don might be a bit loopy at times but you're being a dick here.

:lol: Not bad but ignoring the issues won't make them go away. King is a certifiable roaster and I'm not sure what would be worse for your club and it's support between him taking the piss, lying through his teeth to get control with the backing of the fan base, so he can squeeze the club dry or actually meaning what he says. Tough call. :unsure2:

In my view the stuff he is currently spouting should confirm him as not fit & proper to be running a football club, never-mind his South African crime report. Anyone who says he is willing to pump between 30 & 50 million into a Scottish football club without expecting to ever see any of it back - let alone turn a profit - just as a GIRUY to Celtic, is an absolute crackpot. TBH I think a bit of austerity with the devil you know might be preferable to King's roller-coaster ride. Either way, entertaining times ahead. :)

In fairness to King, he knows how to get the majority of the fans on his side. Absolutely f*cking ridiculous line to take to potential "Investors" though.

So Mr King, you want us to give you £20m pounds, over 5 years, and expect us to never see it again? Sure, where do we sign?...

:lol: Not bad but ignoring the issues won't make them go away. King is a certifiable roaster and I'm not sure what would be worse for your club and it's support between him taking the piss, lying through his teeth to get control with the backing of the fan base, so he can squeeze the club dry or actually meaning what he says. Tough call. :unsure2:

In my view the stuff he is currently spouting should confirm him as not fit & proper to be running a football club, never-mind his South African crime report. Anyone who says he is willing to pump between 30 & 50 million into a Scottish football club without expecting to ever see any of it back - let alone turn a profit - just as a GIRUY to Celtic, is an absolute crackpot. TBH I think a bit of austerity with the devil you know might be preferable to King's roller-coaster ride. Either way, entertaining times ahead. :)

Good point AD, this guff alone, never mind his convictions should rule him out of being anywhere near a football club in this country.

2 years of they are all a bunch of spivs and you you can't trust them, now they are preferable...

Tbf you probably would need something close to the amounts mentioned to fix the mess left by Charlie and chums, some of the deals they put in place were crazy/crooked.

Tbf pt2 - I really don't think that you would need to spend spend spend to compete with them greenyins, a decent centre half, another striker and maybe another right back and you'd have a team capable of competing (given a bit of luck and proper manager). Far more important is getting in place proper scouting/coaching/systems and working towards improving players rather than buying success.

with the current board it would be loan after loan after loan after loan after loan, if King has the funds to avoid that scenario then ...

2 years of they are all a bunch of spivs and you you can't trust them, now they are preferable...

Tbf you probably would need something close to the amounts mentioned to fix the mess left by Charlie and chums, some of the deals they put in place were crazy/crooked.

Tbf pt2 - I really don't think that you would need to spend spend spend to compete with them greenyins, a decent centre half, another striker and maybe another right back and you'd have a team capable of competing (given a bit of luck and proper manager). Far more important is getting in place proper scouting/coaching/systems and working towards improving players rather than buying success.

with the current board it would be loan after loan after loan after loan after loan, if King has the funds to avoid that scenario then ...

Messrs. Ogilvie, Regan and the Men In Black will see to this point.

Rangers International Football Club plc ("Rangers", "RIFC" or the "Company") Further re. Credit Facilities On 24 February 2014, the Company announced that it had entered into two secured short term credit facilities for an aggregate amount of up to £1.5 million. These credit facilities were provided by Laxey Partners Ltd ("Laxey") to the amount of £1 million (the "Laxey Facility") and Alexander Easdale to the amount of £500,000 (the "Easdale Facility"). Laxey has, pursuant to an agreement entered into today, transferred all rights and obligations in relation to the Laxey Facility to Mr George Letham including all its rights in relation to the standard security granted as security for the Laxey Facility. Mr Letham is a shareholder in the Company and a lifelong Rangers fan. The Laxey Facility, now transferred by Laxey to Mr George Letham, remains subject to the same terms and conditions with the exception that the premium payment has been reduced to £45,000 and remains payable in shares or cash. For further information please contact: Rangers International Football Club plc Graham Wallace, CEO Tel: 0141 580 8647 Daniel Stewart & Company plc Tel: 020 7776 6550 Paul Shackleton / James Thomas (Nominated Adviser) Martin Lampshire (Broker) Newgate Threadneedle Tel: 020 7148 6143 Graham Herring / Roddy Watt / John Coles