Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Salted Popcorn must be from this Parish..His seethe is off the radar. GIRFUY.

Will be interesting to see if we get over 20,000 tonight. Many have claimed on here that the support stayed away due to the team under performing. Well after arguably the worst performance of the season and a cold midweek fixture they will be expecting less than 20,000.

World Record-Breaking Attendance for a cold midweek fixture after arguably the worst performance of the season imminent IMO

I think we know there will be some kind of World Record crowd tonight to welcome the Conquering Hero. If the team doesn't rise to the occasion, though, I reckon with half an hour to go 20000 is optimistic. A 1-0 shitfest and they'll be "on our way back - WATP!"

You lot are nothing if not predictable.

It probably sums up Greig's particular brand of idiocy that they felt it necessary to single him out for attention.

Rather than just assuming he fell within that collection of thickuntery that is "Rangers Legends".

Thickuntery is the best word in the world!!

I am going to use it in every sentence today!

The obsessives falling over themselves to reply. Yep predictable right enough.

I remember when we joined SFL 3 there were predictions of regular crowds at Ibrox of under 10,000...aye predictable. We should never forget just what fantastic crowds we have had throughout this journey.

I occasionally look at Rangers share discussion on the LSE - it's a bit like this thread but without the calming influence of No8 and DhenBoy.

Anyways, I read this succinct summary. Is SaltedPopcorn a member of this parish?

SaltedPopcorn
RE: It was easy
No Opinion

I presume by "getting rid of the trolls" you mean getting rid of the people who point out that this club, as it approaches its third birthday, has no money, lots of debt and whose shares have been suspended. Who point out that the club has sold much of its revenue streams, has a useless manager sitting out his notice at home, whilst his useless assistant is sitting out his notice in control of the first team; that the club has no scouting network; has an aging team; and is now failing to perform on the pitch with alarming regularity; who point out that there is no credible business model; has just had an EGM to install a crook onto the Board who has since decided he is unable to accept the position to which he sought election - then yes, I'd say getting rid of them will be quite a big ask. Or just wait three weeks for the club to be de-listed permanently.

Will be interesting to see if we get over 20,000 tonight. Many have claimed on here that the support stayed away due to the team under performing. Well after arguably the worst performance of the season and a cold midweek fixture they will be expecting less than 20,000.

so which of his points are in any way 'wrong'?

Calling all Bears.wmdml3.jpg

Allan Woods‎Rangers Pride
3 hrs ·

IBROX REFURBISHMENT ...... I am looking to collate a list of volunteers who are willing to give up a few hours or days of their time to help with essential work at Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park. Tradesmen in all trades are especially required but there is also plenty work for the unskilled. This is our chance to show Rangers fans simply are the best by helping our club in its hour of need. If you are willing to muck in and help get our stadium back to its best. Give me a call on 07878583723 . Tradesmen in Joinery , Electricians, Welders, Painters, Plasterers , Bricklayers etc are especially welcome. Even if just for a couple of hours per week. Join up with Ibrox refurb today and lets get our club back where we belong . I m waiting for your calls.

I don't see what the issue with this is - it's exactly the sort of things most teams in Scotland do, get help from fans rather than spend money. DFC have done it for snow clearing, putting down and lifting frost covers, just at the weekend it was forking the pitch to try to drain the rainwater.

There's lots to slag Rangers about, but you can't slag them for wasting money (£3M (?)wifi etc) and then also slag them for trying to save money.

Edited by Boghead ranter

Definitely down, you wouldn't be able to cash out if it was bad for the bookies.

Correct. They are buying your bet from you at vastly lower odds than it actually has at the point they are buying it.

It's a dreadful thing for the punter, in the long term.

Alight here for Whereaboutery Central.

I don't believe he made an issue with the attendance, the revenue streams are more than how many mackerel DK has hooked in the latest re-incarnation. For investors looking at those shares to make money rather than a donation I would say the points are valid.

Until you get some credible answers and tangible evidence that the business model is transformed I think outside your cocoon there is some concern about the viability of this business.

Given you have eat through £70m in 3/4 years and have attempted to cut costs to the detriment of the infrastructure of assets, to remedy that will require funding there is also the loans to MA and even if you pay them off, it reduces the cash available to do other things.

Nice try about playing up to the hard luck story so when you all troop back to greet the new messiah you can herald it as a triumph when the reality is the boycott was orchestrated by DK who is now in charge, so the boost in attendance will only highlight the hive mentality in which you will respond to being spoon fed the same propaganda. Honestly what is the difference between the stuff King is peddling to Minty/Whyte and Green ? It is the same old cliches rolled out time and time again.

They should trade in the Gazebo and buy a wishing well.

Correct. They are buying your bet from you at vastly lower odds than it actually has at the point they are buying it.

It's a dreadful thing for the punter, in the long term.

Personally, I find it a good option. If you're watching the game, you may well feel that, while the score is in your favour at that moment, momentum has swung against your selection. I've definitely made more correct decisions than wrong ones since I started using the facility.

I don't see what the issue with this is - it's exactly the sort of things most teams in Scotland do, get help from fans rather than spend money. DFC have done it for snow clearing, putting down and lifting frost covers, just at the weekend it was forking the pitch to try to drain the rainwater.

There's lots to slag Rangers about, but you can't slag them for wasting money (£3M (?)wifi etc) and then also slag them for trying to save money.

Erm questions need to be asked over whether discount welding and amateur electricians should be allowed to work in a stadium with a less than perfect record on fan safety.

Sweeping up crisp packets and moving snow covers is one thing, but welding?

But the Daily Record was talking about Felix Magath as Director of Football, McInnes taking over as manager and being given a warchest to compete with Celtic next year.

Why do they need someone to weld for free?

Interesting....

I hope fans of other clubs don't call this person offering help that will come. That would be awful.

A guy offers genuine practical help of his own volition and goodwill, yet some just see an opportunity to rip the c*nt out of him. A beautiful, spiteful Scottish trait that we should be very proud of.

Personally, I find it a good option. If you're watching the game, you may well feel that, while the score is in your favour at that moment, momentum has swung against your selection. I've definitely made more correct decisions than wrong ones since I started using the facility.

But that is punters logic, which the bookies are preying on. The fear of losing.

What they are doing is buying a bet from you with a success chance of say 60% likelihood of winning for 65% of it's value.

So if with 10 minutes to go your bet is a 1/8 shot they are buying it from you as if it were a 1/3 shot. Bookmakers love Cash Out.

Begging fans to fix up the slum on the cheap, dignity right out the door.

Perhaps they can flood DIY SOS with begging letters too.

Alternatively, a great idea, that allows fans to offer some much needed practical help, a chance to actually DO something. Perhaps even a chance to restore some dignity to club. Our support have been accused of standing by (they can't win either way) this sort of initiative is a welcome step in the right direction.

A guy offers genuine practical help of his own volition and goodwill, yet some just see an opportunity to rip the c*nt out of him. A beautiful, spiteful Scottish trait that we should be very proud of.

The guy is after cheap/free labour, so it's pure thickuntery to suggest he is offering employment opportunities to the unwashed hordes but at least it's a step in the right direction in terms of saving the pennies