Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Maybe someone could explain why Douglas parks investigation into what's been happening financially comments is causing such a stooshie?

Isn't that what most people on here have been calling for....

Its nothing like a Norwich fan not watching Man City on TV, I cannot bring myself to have any interest in your abhorrent club, the only saving grace of our demise over the last three years is that we haven't had to share a stadium with you at least 4 times a season. You may feel exactly the same, I'm Ok with that.
Absolutely agree. I would go as far as to say i hope if we ever do get promotion we come to an.agreement where no away fans were allowed.
^^^^^ No shots on goal last time - riddled with the fear. :D

Absolutely agree. I would go as far as to say i hope if we ever do get promotion we come to an.agreement where no away fans were allowed.

No away fans at Ibrox......but who will the orcs fans throw coins at then???

John Greig and John Brown in the directors box the 'morrow evening. Maybe both could be offered board membership?.

Felix Magath now a shareholder could play some roll in the club. Mark Warburton manager at Brentford who knows a little bit about restructuring a club, plus coach and scout David Weir could be in line to take over the running of the team.

I hate to say this but I think Rangers are beginning the real 'journey back', I have a feeling about it this is genuine.

Still a lot of tough times ahead though.

This what really happened to the 70m could be a revealing investigation. Wasn't there and in house break down of where the 70m went when Graeme Wallace had his revue last year?.

Nah, they'll f**k it up due to the bearz demands for immediate gratification because' they deserve better.'

'Competing' is not in their DNA.

The child-like need to Lord it over everybody and possess 'World Records' is what makes them tick.

Edited by Ken Fitlike

I thought it was just wee insignificant teams that became 'feeder' clubs.

Not clubs that are wurrrld famous with 5 million fans etc

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/could-rangers-become-a-feeder-club-for-newcastle.120178202

herald is subscription....... so full article

Could Rangers become a feeder club for Newcastle?

Mark Walker

Sunday 8 March 2015

NEWCASTLE UNITED's board have admitted they are considering making Rangers their feeder club, by confirming it at a fans' forum.

NEWCASTLE UNITED's board have admitted they are considering making Rangers their feeder club, by confirming it at a fans' forum.

Sorry, you must sign in before you can print full articles.

Custom byline text:
Mark Walker

The Ibrox club are under new ownership with Dave King grabbing power last week. But St James' Park billionaire owner Mike Ashley still has considerable influence at the Championship club.

Five Newcastle youngsters are currently on loan at Rangers, although only Haris Vuckic has made any kind of impact so far, with the rest currently injured.

Newcastle board members answered questions, verbal and written, from their supporters at a fans forum at St James' Park last week.

And they have also revealed Ashley would ensure Newcastle take preference over Rangers should both clubs qualify for Europe at the same time - UEFA rules state two clubs cannot both qualify for Europe if one man has influence on both clubs.

In response to a question from Newcastle fan David Maudlin, who asked if 'Rangers could be a feeder club for Newcastle United similarly to the relationship between Premier League clubs and those in Europe?'

The Newcastle board replied: "We are exploring the possibility of strategic partnerships with a number of clubs. A number of Premier League clubs already have this type of arrangement/relationship. The purpose of this would be to send players to these clubs to aid their development with the ultimate beneficiary being Newcastle United."

Maudlin also asked: "How does the club see the issues surrounding Rangers? UEFA and the FA seem to be sitting on the fence with regard to potential Europa League qualification?"

The response from the St James' Park board was: "The board is aware of the UEFA regulations regarding the situation. The club and its owner would not put Newcastle United in a position where it would lose a European place because of Rangers."

And the Geordie club's board denied suggestions Ashley would sell Newcastle at the end of next season because that's the earliest possible time Rangers can now qualify for Europe.

They pointed out: "Any link between that date and the point at which Rangers could potentially qualify for Europe again was purely coincidental and completely unrelated. That date was specified in order to dismiss incorrect stories in the media and that Mike Ashley remains committed to Newcastle United."

The Feeders from Govan. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom English's latest piece:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/31787243

Even before last weekend's monstering by Hearts, Jimmy Nicholl's team had shipped six to Falkirk, five to Queen of the South, five more to Hibs and, earlier in the season, another five to Hearts. Then Hearts hit them with them with another 10, thereby bringing Cowdenbeath's goal difference to a scarcely believable -45. They are football's equivalent of a giant sieve.

Not just a Scottish football equivalent - a European football equivalent. Trawl through the leagues, from the Israeli Ligat to the EuroStik Northern Premier (and the Southern Premier, too, for that matter) and you struggle to find another team with such a jaw-dropping goal difference.

Blackpool in the English Championship are -40. Dordrecht in the Eredivisie are -42. There's a team called Niki Volos in the Greek Super League who are sitting on -53, but that's because they've been chucked out of the competition and all their games are recorded as 3-0 walkovers.

Only when you get to the Ryman Premier League and Bury Town do you find a side in Europe with a goal difference higher than Cowdenbeath's. Bury Town are -48. On Saturday, they conceded four to Billericay.

_81479219_clark.jpg

Rangers were unable to find the net against a leaky Cowdenbeath defence

Rangers have been desperately poor for large chunks of this season, but if anybody expected the combination of Cowdenbeath's hapless form and the surge of optimism from Friday's EGM to have an impact on the team then they were disabused of the notion.

The visitors had Kris Boyd and Kenny Miller on the pitch and yet couldn't score a goal or, it seems, raise much of a gallop. Afterwards, the interim manager, Kenny McDowall, spoke about the weather conditions making life difficult for his team.

As a long time Newcastle fan, can I voice my displeasure at anything linking Newcastle with the Sevco Allstar Franchise in an official capacity.

Thank you. Now I'm away to wash my Newcastle original Adidas 'grandad collar' Brown Ale sponsored shirt... It feels dirty.

Sorry I got distracted and pressed post by mistake before it was ready.

Should read

This 'what really happened to the 70m' could be a revealing investigation. Wasn't there an in house break down of where the 70m went when Graeme Wallace had his revue last year?.

:)

A bit better - "review", dear boy, "review". :) (Unless Wallace was singing and dancing when he presented it...)

Edited by Jacksgranda

I've only watched one Celtic game in three years, even celtic fans prefer to watch Rangers games rather than their own teams.

The only time I watch Celtic is against Motherwell, or in the cups if there's a chance of them getting beat. I hace seen the new Rangers only 3 times since liquidation and on two of those occasions, a 5-0 win over Airdrie and 4-0 hammering from Hibs, it was only because I was in the pub at the time. I don't even watch Rangers against Motherwell as I get too angry at my own club for not even trying. I watch all Scottish matches that do not involve the bigot brothers.

The only time I watch Celtic is against Motherwell, or in the cups if there's a chance of them getting beat. I hace seen the new Rangers only 3 times since liquidation and on two of those occasions, a 5-0 win over Airdrie and 4-0 hammering from Hibs, it was only because I was in the pub at the time. I don't even watch Rangers against Motherwell as I get too angry at my own club for not even trying. I watch all Scottish matches that do not involve the bigot brothers.

I'll watch anybody against anybody - some as a fan, some wanting (normally celtic, rangers or Chelsea) somebody to get beat, others to keep an eye on bets, and some just because it's football. Anybody saying "I don't watch (insert team here) ever" is missing out on the likes of Raith against the Tribute Act (twice :thumsup2)or Guarin's screamer against celtic a couple of weeks ago (or the first leg of that tie, which was great entertainment). Seems stupid to me, but it takes all sorts, I suppose.

I just wonder how some feel qualified to comment on players/teams when they never see them play...