Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Let's just say, given the serious fact that Sevco look unlikely to get out the 2nd tier this season, that no one should be surprised if something like this happens. The SPFL and SFA have their rules but they appear not to apply when it comes to the bigotfest that is Sevco!

Did you not say you were 'taken' to Celtic matches by a family member as a child, I'm assuming they were RC ...

The question was ... are those family members 'socially inadequate'.

In what way does the club specifically 'pander to them' and what is the target audience you were referring to .... ??

1. Yes. My Father following his local team. He was a (non-practising) Catholic.

2. Not really. It may be fifty years ago, but if you transport it to the present day, I can confidently say that he would not resemble the toothless jakey Buckfast swillers who make up a "small minority" of your support. He had a business and a family to run, so had no need of an "institution" to validate his existence.

3. Those who claim some ephemeral Oirish identity, with all the references to Ireland's troubled history, and the songs to go with it. As with your Sisters, those who like to be "political" can be easily identified and excluded. Unfortunately, their money is needed to support the club.

I'm 51 years old, for fúck's sake. I have had my own family for over two decades.

At what point would you say it's acceptable to be judged by your our own personality and characteristics rather than heredity?

And no, I wouldn't characterise a Scots family who were Roman catholic as "celtic-minded", whatever the fúck that is supposed to mean. Football in my childhood, and now, was and is a sport, an entertainment. Although, if that's what you mean, my Mother was "Morecambe and Wise-minded", I suppose.

You've claimed that family members were Celtic fans and went to Celtic matches.

Today you claimed that old firm fans are social inadequate.

So are\were these family members social inadequates?

This 16 team top flight, no playoffs, due to TV 'demands' is serious bullshit.... Or at least it better be. My team has just went to the bottom of the league, and faces a dogfight for survival. Hibs are battling hard for second place to try for an easier playoff route. Queens and Falkirk are fighting hard too. Motherwell, Ross C and St Mirren are heading for some seriously important post-split nailbiters.

I don't buy this 16 team bullshit, not at this point in ANY season. Just as we hit the squeaky bum part? No way. If however, the authorities, clubs, and TV companies DID gerrymander this bullshit scenario, I'd be finished with Scottish football. I would cut my season ticket in two and post it back to Stewart Gilmour the day after they announced it.

Not that he'd give much of a fcuk anyway, he wants out of St Mirren and Scottish football himself. Still, I'd be on the golf course of a Saturday, and I already have my tickets for the three Wembley NFL games, so I would simply do those and schedule in a handful of trips to St James Park in Newcastle. Wouldn't miss the Scottish corrupt SPFL at all.

I am in favour of a larger Premiership but I presume the majority of non -Celtic and The Rangers fans would be against it if it meant letting the fourstars in without having to qualify as per the current rules. IF this were to be proposed then I imagine it would be back to season ticket boycotts as in the original scenario three years ago. Maybe someone is kite-flying.

Who said this, Neil Doncaster by any chance?.

If its true Sky are obviously trying to get in there first before BT.

I can't see why Scottish football should be manipulated for the benefit of one club and a single broadcaster. We would right back to the reason why supporters of other clubs came close to being done with football in this country back in 2012 seeing the Scottish game was rigged to the will and self entitlement of one selfish greedy club and their supporters.

Hopefully this is all bullshit

but

if they do try and gerrymander things, all our clubs' chairmen need reminded of the Diddy Revolt and that they would all be as well locking their gates.

and Sky can f**k off too!

This 16 team top flight, no playoffs, due to TV 'demands' is serious bullshit.... Or at least it better be. My team has just went to the bottom of the league, and faces a dogfight for survival. Hibs are battling hard for second place to try for an easier playoff route. Queens and Falkirk are fighting hard too. Motherwell, Ross C and St Mirren are heading for some seriously important post-split nailbiters.

I don't buy this 16 team bullshit, not at this point in ANY season. Just as we hit the squeaky bum part? No way. If however, the authorities, clubs, and TV companies DID gerrymander this bullshit scenario, I'd be finished with Scottish football. I would cut my season ticket in two and post it back to Stewart Gilmour the day after they announced it.

Not that he'd give much of a fcuk anyway, he wants out of St Mirren and Scottish football himself. Still, I'd be on the golf course of a Saturday, and I already have my tickets for the three Wembley NFL games, so I would simply do those and schedule in a handful of trips to St James Park in Newcastle. Wouldn't miss the Scottish corrupt SPFL at all.

I'm quite sure that this is pish.

The source doesn't seem credible. It mentions a "toss up between Falkirk and Raith Rovers" for the final top four berth, with no mention of the club actually sitting in 4th just now.

It's just nonsense to peddle the discredited notion that without OF fixtures, there's no Scottish football.

Who said this, Neil Doncaster by any chance?.

If its true Sky are obviously trying to get in there first before BT.

I can't see why Scottish football should be manipulated for the benefit of one club and a single broadcaster. We would right back to the reason why supporters of other clubs came close to being done with football in this country back in 2012 seeing the Scottish game was rigged to the will and self entitlement of one selfish greedy club and their supporters.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/revealed-sky-tv-threatened-spl-1129301

The Record told yesterday how Sky bosses are prepared to tolerate one year of pain, taking the financial hit that would come with Rangers slipping out of the SPL to Scotland’s First Division for one season.

Insiders have let it be known thata three-year hiatus – the minimum period if Rangers are admitted back in at the Third Division level – would leave them no choice but to walk away.

One source said: “The last few weeks have been disastrous for Sky in Scotland with the phone ringing off the hook with cancellations.

“Rangers fans want to watch Rangers – and if that can’t happen, then they won’t be very happy to keep paying the monthly bills.

“Even if Rangers drop one division for a year, there will still be a huge swathe of cancellations to deal with.

“It’s a matter of how much Sky are prepared to lose.”

This 16 team top flight, no playoffs, due to TV 'demands' is serious bullshit.... Or at least it better be. My team has just went to the bottom of the league, and faces a dogfight for survival. Hibs are battling hard for second place to try for an easier playoff route. Queens and Falkirk are fighting hard too. Motherwell, Ross C and St Mirren are heading for some seriously important post-split nailbiters.I don't buy this 16 team bullshit, not at this point in ANY season. Just as we hit the squeaky bum part? No way. If however, the authorities, clubs, and TV companies DID gerrymander this bullshit scenario, I'd be finished with Scottish football. I would cut my season ticket in two and post it back to Stewart Gilmour the day after they announced it.Not that he'd give much of a fcuk anyway, he wants out of St Mirren and Scottish football himself. Still, I'd be on the golf course of a Saturday, and I already have my tickets for the three Wembley NFL games, so I would simply do those and schedule in a handful of trips to St James Park in Newcastle. Wouldn't miss the Scottish corrupt SPFL at all.

Aberdeen were saved a couple if times. Why didnt you do it then?

Dont bother...I know the answer.

I'm quite sure that this is pish.The source doesn't seem credible. It mentions a "toss up between Falkirk and Raith Rovers" for the final top four berth, with no mention of the club actually sitting in 4th just now.It's just nonsense to peddle the discredited notion that without OF fixtures, there's no Scottish football.

I noticed the omission of qots too, ground requirements?

My teams falling like a stone as well, but I would rather we got relegated than stay up if the end result was that Sevco got shoe horned back into the league. What is the fecking point of having rules if they are not strictly adhered to.

I'm quite sure that this is pish.

The source doesn't seem credible. It mentions a "toss up between Falkirk and Raith Rovers" for the final top four berth, with no mention of the club actually sitting in 4th just now.

It's just nonsense to peddle the discredited notion that without OF fixtures, there's no Scottish football.

Agree, has to be bullshit... But... When you have Cockwomble around, and a convicted tax fraudster just lauded as the man to ensure the Rangers are out of the hands of 'asset stripping spivs and cheats', then you just never know. Also, my own club still has a Chairman who organised two meetings in our stadium to try and convince St Mirren supporters that we needed to go easy on the Rangers to avoid redundancies at St Mirren, to avoid losing sponsors, to avoid TV companies walking away from Scottish football, and to avoid the armageddon scenario. Given the sniff of seeing St Mirren escape relegation fears - he might jump at it. Remember, he's been trying to sell St Mirren doon' the boozer to someone for over five years now. Who's to say....? Think Motherwell fancy relegation? What with the whole 'Well Society' thing? Uncle Roy up at County keeps pumping cash in. Think he fancies a drop down to a league guaranteed to still have Hibs or The Rangers in it? With the cnuts running Scottish football, anything is possible.

Agree, has to be bullshit... But... When you have Cockwomble around, and a convicted tax fraudster just lauded as the man to ensure the Rangers are out of the hands of 'asset stripping spivs and cheats', then you just never know. Also, my own club still has a Chairman who organised two meetings in our stadium to try and convince St Mirren supporters that we needed to go easy on the Rangers to avoid redundancies at St Mirren, to avoid losing sponsors, to avoid TV companies walking away from Scottish football, and to avoid the armageddon scenario. Given the sniff of seeing St Mirren escape relegation fears - he might jump at it. Remember, he's been trying to sell St Mirren doon' the boozer to someone for over five years now. Who's to say....? Think Motherwell fancy relegation? What with the whole 'Well Society' thing? Uncle Roy up at County keeps pumping cash in. Think he fancies a drop down to a league guaranteed to still have Hibs or The Rangers in it? With the cnuts running Scottish football, anything is possible.

Yes, we should be vigilant I suppose, because there are few limits on what a lot of football people would stoop to when it comes to self-interest.

I do think that this particular story is nonsense though.

Aberdeen were saved a couple if times. Why didnt you do it then?

Dont bother...I know the answer.

Why are you asking a question No 2 if you know the answer? Strange person. Anyway here is a question for you. Did the Sevco fans and management not say at the start of "the journey" that once they got promoted to the top tier they would refuse to play in it because of the way the top teams stabbed them in the back. (lol,lol) Will your team and fans stick by this bravado?

Yes, we should be vigilant I suppose, because there are few limits on what a lot of football people would stoop to when it comes to self-interest.

I do think that this particular story is nonsense though.

Yup'. No way -.not in March, when relegation / playoff scenarios are just starting to hot up. If St Mirren go down, we'll deserve to - due to poor results at home, and an utter clusterfcuk under Tommy Craig. No-one to blame but ourselves. Wouldn't want saved in March by such clear bollocks at all. The Chairman though...

The SFA are supposed as part of their job is to promote Scottish football and they have failed many times, for example in gaining sponsorship. What the SFA would view is that the OF games are Scottish football's biggest sellable asset when it comes to showing televised games especially outside this country.

As much as we are defensive of our own clubs we will easily lose out for tv coverage if there are bigger games in bigger leagues around Europe played at the same time as our games, the tv broadcasters will always try to pick the games where they get the biggest viewing figures and an OF match is the one guarantee of high viewing figures from a match in this country.

BT seem more focused towards our domestic game, Sky are all about viewing figures and will likely offer more cash to show OF games than BT could.

I'm not arguing with any of that - it's all blindingly obvious.

I'm not taking this particular story seriously though.

Yup'. No way -.not in March, when relegation / playoff scenarios are just starting to hot up. If St Mirren go down, we'll deserve to - due to poor results at home, and an utter clusterfcuk under Tommy Craig. No-one to blame but ourselves. Wouldn't want saved in March by such clear bollocks at all. The Chairman though...

Similarly, I'd hate to see us getting into the top flight for the first time in my lifetime, via such a tawdry route.

The Wrath of Millions..... If Doncaster and the likes cheated to save the Middens, and give Hibs and Seethco a helping hand the champions elect and their sharpshooting young chairman Dougie Rae would boot them up'n'doon'n'roon the highest court in the land. Mind you our manager would nae doubt throw the league to avoid this as he's never off the blue boaby on radio clyde.