Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

You seem more obssed than the QC these days...do you even give a good f**k about Celticfootballclub?

Fucking up an Orc's rhetoric with facts=obssessed ?

King hasn't been stitched up, the onerous contracts were well enough publicised beforehand.

He either sees enough meat on the carcass for a last meal or he genuinely believes he can stitch up MA.

Pass me a deckchair.

King hasn't been stitched up, the onerous contracts were well enough publicised beforehand.

He either sees enough meat on the carcass for a last meal or he genuinely believes he can stitch up MA.

Pass me a deckchair.

Over at Ibrox the deckchairs are being hastily re-arranged..........

It was only a few months ago that Roy MacGregor claimed that....

"And MacGregor reckons the financial situation in the Scottish game is becoming so bad that Premiership clubs could be 
forced to turn part-time within three years"

So why is he saying that if the debts of the clubs has reduced overall? Doesn't make any sense to me.

As far as I'm aware all the clubs in the top flight (not including Celtic as I haven't heard about them) have managed to reduce their debt.

Surely that would indicate a better financial performance and not worse (whether it's through crowds due to challenging, cut back in staff or cuts in wages) however it was done, it WAS done.

In what way can reducing debt be a bad thing?

On what basis is he saying this?

Edited by MattBairn

It was only a few months ago that Roy MacGregor claimed that....

"And MacGregor reckons the financial situation in the Scottish game is becoming so bad that Premiership clubs could be 
forced to turn part-time within three years"

It was an odd interview he seemed to predict that some top flight clubs would go part time inside 3 years because the fan bases simply aren't there but then insisted that Ross County wouldn't. Which given the size of the support for Dingwall's finest seems not to add up.

So why is he saying that if the debts of the clubs has reduced overall? Doesn't make any sense to me.

As far as I'm aware all the clubs in the top flight (not including Celtic as I haven't heard about them) have managed to reduce their debt.

Surely that would indicate a better financial performance and not worse (whether it's through crowds due to challenging, cut back in staff or cuts in wages) however it was done, it WAS done.

In what way can reducing debt be a bad thing?

On what basis is he saying this?

The major reductions in debt have been by capital injections or debt for equity. The point is that unless you can trade without incurring losses then you will need to continue to attract people to pump in money (as Roy does at Ross County).

I just can't see how the the rangers are ever going to be on a sound financial footing. Most of the Orc bluster seems to centre around challenging for the league title and european football. There's very little prize money in Scotland and they've won 1 of their last 25 European games. Even if they finish 2nd in the premiership in season 2016/17 (which they won't) they'll be in Europa league qualifying round 1 for season 17/18, may be unseeded for said qualifier (definitely unseeded for round 2) and face having to win 4 x 2 legged ties to make the group stages.

If the thinking is to throw money at it until they reach some sort of European promised land then they have 18 months existence tops. Either the Orcs accept being a club of similar size and stature to an Aberdeen or a Dundee Utd or we all sit back and watch them suffer a painful death again.

Either the Orcs accept being a club of similar size and stature to an Aberdeen or a Dundee Utd or we all sit back and watch them suffer a painful death again.

I think we all know the Orcs would never accept that. They are The People, after all. Whatever that means.

I think we all know the Orcs would never accept that. They are The People, after all. Whatever that means.

Which is why it'll be hilarious watching them die again. They would still be a bigger club than the two I mentioned but Leeds are a bigger club than Bournemouth and look at their respective positions. In terms of sporting achievement the orcs would have to target St J, Aberdeen and ICT on any first season back in the top flight rather than immediately looking to challenge Celtic for the title.

On a European front. I'd wager that they don't make the group stages of the Europa League by 2020

I just can't see how the the rangers are ever going to be on a sound financial footing. Most of the Orc bluster seems to centre around challenging for the league title and european football. There's very little prize money in Scotland and they've won 1 of their last 25 European games. Even if they finish 2nd in the premiership in season 2016/17 (which they won't) they'll be in Europa league qualifying round 1 for season 17/18, may be unseeded for said qualifier (definitely unseeded for round 2) and face having to win 4 x 2 legged ties to make the group stages.

If the thinking is to throw money at it until they reach some sort of European promised land then they have 18 months existence tops. Either the Orcs accept being a club of similar size and stature to an Aberdeen or a Dundee Utd or we all sit back and watch them suffer a painful death again.

All of this is most reasonable except for one major issue. This Rangers has won no European fixtures as it has never featured in Europe.

I really hope MoshiniBellend's scenario comes true. It would be most excellent if it did, more so if Celtic consequently imploded shortly afterwards.

Pass me a deckchair.

Pretty much my reading of it. King was hoping he could use the PR folk in Scotland to force Mike out(Didn't work), and failing that he is willing to bank on the establishment falling by his side if Ashley tries to meet him head on(Might work).

Rangers push youth development to the side as they try to 'get back to where they belong'.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/05/rangers-academy-confirm-release-of-five-players-from-youth-set-u/

I hope these players go on to have great careers in football with other clubs and maybe one or two reach international level.

Who knows there might be another Barry Robson amongst these 5.

Desperate times in Mordor.

Don't worry, their world class scouting network will see them ok for new players....oh, wait....