Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Will this be enough for fans though? I'm not being facetious. So much of the rhetoric involves being 'back' where they belong. I don't think that means 3rd or 4th. Will that put the club and its management - at all levels - under pressure?

Our fans have been absolutely brilliant. To sell 30k+ season tickets in our 4th season outside of the 1st league and to have Ibrox sold out for a few games so far is credit-worthy.

No, they have the ability to allot shares but it has to be to all shareholders in the same proportion as their existing holdings. The only way these loans can be converted is if Rangers can get a motion passed at the AGM removing pre-emptive rights. The last twice they have tried to do this it has been voted down.

But not in a Lidl bag.

he could have invested in a football club/company

From the BBC report:

The figures from July to December 2015 were lodged during the hearing, showing an improvement in the club's accounts.

The sheriff said that document "did change the whole focus of the hearing".

During submissions earlier in the week counsel for Rangers, Christopher Wilson, said that those investing in the club "would not stand by and let the club go under".

Delivering his judgment, sheriff Miller said: "It is right to take in to account this fact of the particular nature of the business, its present situation and willingness of those with deep pockets and affection for the club to keep it in business, at least for the foreseeable future."

Should the words I've highlighted not really say 'company which owns and operates the club'???

But but, there's nae mechanisimmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

We had an Ally, special circumstances.

Very true. Very very true in fact.

Mark Warburton has done an excellent job of putting the current squad together, if he were to go could the next guy carry on his good work or would they succumb to the "Rangers Way" and start paying top dollar again?

Mark Warburton has done an excellent job of putting the current squad together, if he were to go could the next guy carry on his good work or would they succumb to the "Rangers Way" and start paying top dollar again?

If the diddies are reduced to the 'what happens if Warburton leaves' argument then you know we're doing something right.

I distinctly said as part of an option, you saw this and deliberately ignored it.

If Rangers hold a share option then the other shareholders will have the option to invest if they wish to avoid dilution.

I am not sure why you have went on the attack here. I just provided the reason why they cannot do this.

Can you provide imfo on what you mean by share option as the normal use of this term would not normally be used in the context of fundraising but in executive or employee rewards.

Currently there is no way for Rangers to issue shares to the lenders without either

a) paying them back and inviting them to take part in a share offer that was open to all shareholders or;

b) getting them to invest more money in a general offer and then paying back the loaned amounts.

Only a shareholder vote would allow any other options.

Can you provide imfo on what you mean by share option as the normal use of this term would not normally be used in the context of fundraising but in executive or employee rewards.

Calm doon, Strychnine. I am sure Teds meant 'issue' rather than 'option'. I'm also sure you knew that. No need to get excited here.

Very true. Very very true in fact.

Well I hope he stays for a few years atleast, any new manager probably won't have a choice in it. Bring em in cheap and try to sell em on for a profit.