Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers FC reminds me of a scab you really want to get rid of, so you try to scratch it off. But this has the opposite effect. This only makes it worse, more irritating and more painful than ever before. Meanwhile, clueless buffoons are claiming that this is a special scab and your body wouldn't survive without it and.. Nah, this metaphor's shit.

In fairness you could have just stopped there...........

What was confirmed? That TUPE applies or doesnt?

Thats the bit no-one is really sure about!

The business journalist on Sportsound confirmed what we all know - that the branding, the name of RFC in whatever guise is the biggest commercial asset, even though is an intangible asset, that can/will transfer as part of any 'goodwill' payment during a takeover process or Newco formation. As long as it has the name 'Rangers' and they play in blue shirts they will always be recognised as a form of reference to the oldco and any history it has/had depending on your viewpoint.

Regardless of what they say, most Bears will reluctantly accept any form of Rangers just to fill their Saturdays just to give the wifey a few hours to recover from Friday nights kicking. In contrast to how most other fans think, which is if they get in, we won't be back.

I don't know how/if that falls within the remit of TUPE but it's certainly what Miller is pinning all his hopes on, provided he can muddle them through in some guise or other and survive through whats yet to come. If they have that, the name alone brings revenue, whereas the tangible assets (Ibrox, Murray Park, Albion) all come with operating costs.

So he has to weigh that up the commercial value of 'The Rangers' as a brand against the books, take the TUPE into account, consider the EBT and tax cases, the sanctions and then decide if its worth at punt at £11m. How the transfer of an intangible asset and goodwill payment for it is affected by TUPE? CAn anyone answer this?

1336134782[/url]' post='6201421']

@alextomo twitter feed is great entertainment today - the Orcs no like:

IMG00051-20120321-1058_normal.jpgKris Dick @KrisD84@alextomo seen you earlier getting bitchy about my club, are you not supposed to remain neutral and simply report the facts?

Expand

1halex_thomson_d_normal.jpgalex thomson @alextomo@KrisD84 yes - and the facts about your club are remarkably unpleasant. Man up and deal with it.

I love that Alex Thompson, me.

im really not sure how this will all pan out but what if:

newco rangers get straight into the SPL but still not allowed to sign players and got relegated next season, would they be allowed entry to the SFL?

so many worms!:blink:

Along with suggestions of chairmen getting together to restructure to prevent this ever becoming a possibility, alternatively they could decide at about split time that our nation's special case was in trouble and they would all lie down to them because otherwise they themselves would die. Maybe one club elected as a special sacrifice to the SFL gods to appease them and save the beloved peepul and consequently all of Scottish football. Nonsense? Well where does the madness end?

To all the fans of diddy teams, here are Sandy Jardine's words of wisdom, which amount to a gigantic GIRUY. He has a particular message for Airdrieonians fans in his final paragraph.

If that's not enough to make you seethe, then you have ice in your veins.

I fucking hate rangers.

Just posted a comment:

Mr Thompson

As a journalist of some experience you do at times seem to have no grasp of the story.

First, you equate sporting integratory with business, I would venture to ask, if lets say Tesco was in the same situation, would you be asking the administrators about sporting integratory?

I would remind you it was the business side of things that ran into trouble, not the sporting side, afterall sporting integutary is for the field of play, not the boardroom.

You also seemed to imply that the administrators were somehow attemting a "tax dodge" and somehow impicit, I thought that as administrators they had a legal duty to the creditors including HMRC, afterall HMRC appoint adminstrators, are you saying that they all look for "tax dodging" solutions?

I believe you have been seduced by the viewpoints of others.

You may be a top notch journalist in the field of World affairs but when it comes to football and football institutions I think you should think again or become more educated in the matter.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=219098&st=20

Of course you like him, he's your only hope, you would have loved Whyte last year when he was your only hope.

Its like having a 30 stone wife, if your a 50 stone mess your just happy to get your hole, everyone else is looking at you as walk down the street thinking "look at the state of that", thats Rangers and Bill Millar that is.

:D

so if Rangers cant buy players for a year if this Bill Millar is succesful will the pressure be put on him to keep the players they have? Unless they are on contracts that are too high which I suspect a lot of them are,

Rangers could be screwed over this. They renegotiated all the players deals when they took wage cuts to include release clauses that were very favourable to the players so expect a lot of them to move on for little money. The transfer embargo is a very effective punishment in that regard and it is one punishment even a newco can't get out of. If a lot of first team players leave then they might be in trouble.

I personally don't see it as a big problem for Rangers, some players will stay on and they can still get under 18s in on loan so if they can work a few deals then they certainly shouldn't be getting relegated next season. Some players will not get anywhere near the amount they earn at Rangers, is Steven Whittaker getting £25K per week at any other club? Davis and Naismith are injured and also are on big wages. We may see most of the current Rangers team return for next season despite the contract clauses, whether they are forced to move on because of those large wages only time will tell.

On the subject of TUPE, and i'm not sure anyone knows really how it is appied in this situation, with the union saying they think the contracts wont transfer over giving the players freedom to move on and the administrators saying the contracts do transfer over what will happen if this has to go to a judge to make a decision and this goes on after the start of the season season kicks off and he then says it was a freedom of contract situation would the rangers be done again for fielding unregisterd players and docked points again?

this could be an endless cycle of fun, pre-season may not be as boring as usual

if the players are seen as employees then they can decide to opt out of any TUPE transfer, but the club must honour the contracts in place if a player decides to stay, i.e. ,mcgregor gets offered £1m signing on fee and £40k a week from mr epl then it's bye bye rangers, but if donkey mcculloch decides to stay and he's on £20k a week then windy miller has to pay it.

if the players are seen as assets then they might be able to transfer over, but if thats the case and any teams have made offers for any of the players and dumb n dumber didn't sell them they'll get fooked for it. they would be putting assets out of the reach of creditors instead of taking the money and putting it in the cva pot.

Edited by pansypotterthedirtyrotter

if the players are seen as employees then they can decide to opt out of any TUPE transfer, but the club must honour the contracts in place if a player decides to stay, i.e. ,mcgregor gets offered £1m signing on fee and £40k a week from mr epl then it's bye bye rangers, but if donkey mcculloch decides to stay and he's on £20k a week then windy miller has to pay it.

if the players are seen as assets then they might be able to transfer over, but if thats the case and any teams have made offers for any of the players and dumb n dumber didn't sell them they'll get fooked for it. they would be putting assets out of the reach of creditors instead of taking the money and putting it in the cva pot.

But isnt that exactly what theyre planning to do with the other "assets" anyway?