Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Which is true.

There's absolutely no doubt though that Fullerton was a truly vile individual, who shouldn't be glorified in song.

However, this doesn't make it legitimate to describe Rangers fans collectively, as 'the Klan'.

Never claimed it was?...but it's up there with labelling everyone plastics and diddies.

Never claimed it was?...but it's up there with labelling everyone plastics and diddies.

Not quite the same, certainly in the case of "diddies". Obviously, the phrase is meant to be belittling, but it's rather more light hearted than the connotations of Klan.

Have a tiresome OF debate about 'Plastics' as a term if you like (again I think it's rather different) but the parallel with 'diddies' really doesn't hold up at all.

Not quite the same, certainly in the case of "diddies". Obviously, the phrase is meant to be belittling, but it's rather more light hearted than the connotations of Klan.

Have a tiresome OF debate about 'Plastics' as a term if you like (again I think it's rather different) but the parallel with 'diddies' really doesn't hold up at all.

Sorry but t does, Billy Fullerton was in the Blackshirts and started Glasgows first KKK, these are facts, as long as Rangers fans continue to sing TBBs I'll continue to call them Klan.

Which is true. There's absolutely no doubt though that Fullerton was a truly vile individual, who shouldn't be glorified in song. However, this doesn't make it legitimate to describe Rangers fans collectively, as 'the Klan'.

Let's stop calling them The Klan when they stop singing The Billy Boys.

A'body happy.

edit - beaten to it by a few seconds

Edited by Ken Fitlike

Sorry but t does, Billy Fullerton was in the Blackshirts and started Glasgows first KKK, these are facts, as long as Rangers fans continue to sing TBBs I'll continue to call them Klan.

Listen, you don't need to convince me of how disgusting that song is for various reasons.

I just don't go with the generalising thing.

How about you all get back to talking about the actual thread topic or even better go and discuss football on one of the many game threads. That is if some of you actually like football, I'm beginning to wonder.

This is all getting beyond tedious now.

Don't read it then.

It's hardly the first discussion on here about the appropriateness or otherwise of language used.

Not sure what your problem is.

Oh believe me, I would be happy not too, however when reports about content are made I really must have a look.

Unless you would prefer an unmoderated site of course.

Nope, if anything, I think moderation should be stricter.

I don't see what's happening here just now that would prompt that kind of interest though.

If you're here in that capacity and want to ban use of the term 'Klan', say so. As seen in my comments, it's not an action I'd oppose.

Don't come on as a moderator though, to moan about finding conversation boring. I didn't think that was what moderating content was meant to be about.

Don't read it then. It's hardly the first discussion on here about the appropriateness or otherwise of language used. Not sure what your problem is.

Rather puerile comment from you, M T. Had to check that it was actually you that posted it, rather than one of the usual suspects.

Actually what I was alluding to was trawling through pages of prose due to reports on a subject being discussed that is nothing to do with the actual thread topic time after time after time. It all gets a wee bit tedious but maybe that's the joy of the Bralt, who knows. Incidentally I find the whole Klan reference decidedly distasteful and I will bring it up with the rest of the moderators about it's use.

Sadly, I now have to leave for my match but you chaps have fun...

So people report it when topics meander away from the title for a bit?

That's weird.

Rather puerile comment from you, M T. Had to check that it was actually you that posted it, rather than one of the usual suspects.

Hey, I can do puerile.

My point stands. It was an odd thing for a moderator to come on (apparently in that capacity) and pass comment about.

Your greenie indicates that you agree with his stance, but if conversation had to be confined to topics strictly indicated in the titles of threads, the board would be a quieter and less interesting place.

Pathetic.

He's usually alright, but he's made a bit of an arse of this one.

He's obviously wishing to imply I don't follow football like he does, but my team don't have a game this weekend, so he's kind of missing the mark in pointedly telling me he's just heading to the match.

He's not sure if he's posting as a moderator, or a mere poster here. He'd be best to leave it.

Hey, I can do puerile. My point stands. It was an odd thing for a moderator to come on (apparently in that capacity) and pass comment about. Your greenie indicates that you agree with his stance, but if conversation had to be confined to topics strictly indicated in the titles of threads, the board would be a quieter and less interesting place.

I was actually agreeing with him that it is "beyond tedious".

In future I'll post an explanation for any greenies I hand out on the BRALT.

Ffs I only said Shakespeare's Sister were shite. I stand by that.

All I remember is that video with the dead one lying on a slab as loved ones tried to pull him back to life, insisting that death couldn't be the end.

Someone might report that to Tynie as having nothing to do with the topic of this thread... oh wait.

Not been on this for a while so apart from lots of "off topic pish" what's been happening to the Rangers club/company more has big Dave opened the warchest?

Has sir Craig White or Charles green been found guilty or not yet. ?

And most importantly which posters have been banned for flouting rules ?