whisky lovers

I've only tried the 15, but I must admit I was really surprised with how nice the Glenfarclas was in spite of a pretty cheap price.

Yeah only ever had a 12 of glenfarclas which was nice but this is miles ahead. An underrated distillery

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1465761599.340544.jpg

Had a couple of these tonight. Cost me under £20 at Bookers. Decent but nowhere near as good as Aberfeldy 12 year old.

Yeah spey cascade isnt a patch on tailfire for much the same price. Edited by gannonball

Dalmore 18yo is a cracking whisky.

Better than the next one up, the King IMO. The King has too many flavours going on at once, whereas the 18yo is a little more subtle.

Better than the next one up, the King IMO. The King has too many flavours going on at once, whereas the 18yo is a little more subtle.

Not a whisky expert by any stretch but I found that the 18yo had a real hint of chocolate orange about it, which made a real change to most the other types of whisky I've tried.

Treated myself to a bottle of Glenlivet Nadurra whilst kettled at Stansted by Easy Jet tonight. Bloody flight delays always cost me in whisky. It has a wee burst of peat to it, very drinkable.

I wasn't sure about that one. For the price I thought it was a bit rough.

A wee Edradour Sauterne awaits me this weekend. Love a bit of Edradour.

I wasn't sure about that one. For the price I thought it was a bit rough.

A wee Edradour Sauterne awaits me this weekend. Love a bit of Edradour.

The older batched, 16y.o is a fine dram, but there was a significant reduction in quality when they started the non age indicated version.

The older batched, 16y.o is a fine dram, but there was a significant reduction in quality when they started the non age indicated version.

Spot on. The older batched stuff is a bit pricey now though.

ETA: Think my Sauterne was £55ish for a 10 year old cask strength whisky.

Edited by killienick

• 3 weeks later...

Poured some Fettercairn 6 y.o. Bottled from a cask that one of those whisky shops in the centre has. Just poured a glass. Can't say I'm that keen, but wondering if that's because it's so young compared to malts I'm used to drinking.

Never tried anything that young. I imagine they taste pretty raw do they?

Tastes very alcoholy, really harsh tasting. Added a fair bit of water and its become a lot more drinkeable. I could imagine a 12 year old being quite nice.

Poured some Fettercairn 6 y.o. Bottled from a cask that one of those whisky shops in the centre has. Just poured a glass. Can't say I'm that keen, but wondering if that's because it's so young compared to malts I'm used to drinking.

Have had some half decent cask strengths at 6 years old but in general they are pretty raw and firey and don't taste of much.