whisky lovers

Opened a Mackmyra I had sitting on the shelf for far too long. Bought at the Glasgow Festival in 2019!

Ignored the disappointment of the neck pour and went back to it a few days later. 

Vintersol. No longer available but a cracking dram. My experiences of Swedish whisky have not been disappointing to date. Seek one out at a whisky show or bar, they're not the cheapest so wouldn't recommend jumping straight in. 

What’s everyone’s favourite Caol Ila?
I think Caol Ila 12 was my gateway drug to whisky, I remember being given one of those to try at a hotel when I was turning of age. Previously I'd only had rank blends like Bells or Grouse.

That led me into Lagavulin 16 and then on it went. Still really enjoy a Caol Ila 12.

Have visited the warehouse tour there and it was absolutely and unmistakably tremendous. Sitting in a dingy warehouse surrounded by Johnny Walker ephemera and drinking an endless range of decent drams. Would do again!

View from the car park isn't too bad is it? Don't think I have any photos from inside because I think it's one of those distilleries that pretend a wee photo is an explosive device in the making. But the view from inside is extraordinary, huge floor to ceiling windows overlooking the sound from which the distillery is named. a6fdca81c2415ea1f697b7a5e0e4b95a.jpg

On 02/07/2022 at 05:57, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

And how did you rate them. In first place was number...

Tough to rank them tbh, the standard was exceptional. Hazelburn 15yo, fully matured in sherry at Cask strength was a standout for me. 

The take home message just how good glen scotia are. It's mental there is cask strength stuff from them sitting on shop shelves at the price they shift it at. 

1. Hazelburn 15

2. Glen Scotia PX

3. Springbank 30

4. Longrow 21 

5. Hazelburn 21

6. Kilkerran Peated

Edited by V.Aye.R