whisky lovers

1 hour ago, bishopburn boy said:

Not a subscription , but will offer the suggestion of Glencadam , well made , affordable whisky , 12 or 15 

Just had a look on Amazon there and I can only see a 13 yr old not a 12. Is that just a stocking issue for Amazon?

22 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Just had a look on Amazon there and I can only see a 13 yr old not a 12. Is that just a stocking issue for Amazon?

Their core age range goes 10, 13, 15, 17 etc. Unusual numbers. Can guarantee he meant 13 and 15 year old. I've only tried the former.

4 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Their core age range goes 10, 13, 15, 17 etc. Unusual numbers. Can guarantee he meant 13 and 15 year old. I've only tried the former.

That will teach me , my 12 is obviously quite elderly , I also have a 19 Sherry finish , which is lovely , but quite price to go randomly recommending 

Just now, Peedzy said:

Did you like it?

It was alright but I haven't had the urge to go and buy a bottle. I'd like to try the older stuff in the range at some point. Might include some the next time I buy a set of samples.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

It was alright but I haven't had the urge to go and buy a bottle. I'd like to try the older stuff in the range at some point. Might include some the next time I buy a set of samples.

Was thinking the same myself. I'd never looked at it before, but some of the older stuff seems interesting.

3 minutes ago, Peedzy said:

Was thinking the same myself. I'd never looked at it before, but some of the older stuff seems interesting.

I think it was after an away game at Brechin I tried it in a pub not far from the ground. They had the 15 and 17 as well but they'd have been wasted on me at that point. 😁

3 minutes ago, Peedzy said:

Worth it , Glencadam do some really nice stuff ! , worth your while picking up a bottle of the younger stuff

Just now, GiGi said:

I think it was after an away game at Brechin I tried it in a pub not far from the ground. They had the 15 and 17 as well but they'd have been wasted on me at that point. 😁

You can see the distillery through the hedge 

1 hour ago, bishopburn boy said:

You can see the distillery through the hedge 

Good to know I've got the right day out then. Great wee pub.

Anyone tried the Bunnahbhain NAS?  I notice it’s going for £25 in Tescos, and I was tempted to add it to the next delivery, seeing as their range is pretty limited and I need a replacement for my soon to be demolished King Alexander III pronto.

If it’s lousy, does anyone have a suggestion for an affordable and moderately peaty alternative from the Tesco range?  

Cheers!

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Anyone tried the Bunnahbhain NAS?  I notice it’s going for £25 in Tescos, and I was tempted to add it to the next delivery, seeing as their range is pretty limited and I need a replacement for my soon to be demolished King Alexander III pronto.

If it’s lousy, does anyone have a suggestion for an affordable and moderately peaty alternative from the Tesco range?  

Cheers!

Jura Journey or 10yo are both lightly peated and about the same price. Ardmore legacy is nice and is even cheaper.

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Jura Journey or 10yo are both lightly peated and about the same price. Ardmore legacy is nice and is even cheaper.

I find Jura constantly underwhelming, right across the board.  Ardmore legacy might be my go to in this tragic circumstance.  Ta!

2 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Ardmore Legacy is decent & on special offer frequently. Usually get it for a present for someone 'cos I'm a fucking cheapskate.

1 minute ago, Slenderman said:

Ardmore Legacy is decent & on special offer frequently. Usually get it for a present for someone 'cos I'm a fucking cheapskate.

That’s two for two,  I’ll go with that.  You’ve saved me a fiver, chaps.

2 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

And continuing the theme of whisky cocktails, mixes well into a godfather.

Cheers!
I've read the answers above but I was given a bottle of it for a recent birthday (well, bought it for myself while in Tesco and told my family they were getting me it). I quite like although it's not as smooth and is a bit peatier than the aged Bunnahbhain I've had before.

I was in again yesterday and noticed these three that I hadn't seen before. I liked a Glenrothes I've had before and have always heard good things about Glen Scotia although it is NAS whereas the Old Pulteney 12 yo looks a good price. I was thinking of dropping hints for Father's Day, any recommendations (or otherwise)? Am I best just going for the Deanston one at Morrison's?
20200608_114636.jpg20200608_114125.jpg20200608_114103.jpg

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I've read the answers above but I was given a bottle of it for a recent birthday (well, bought it for myself while in Tesco and told my family they were getting me it). I quite like although it's not as smooth and is a bit peatier than the aged Bunnahbhain I've had before.

I was in again yesterday and noticed these three that I hadn't seen before. I liked a Glenrothes I've had before and have always heard good things about Glen Scotia although it is NAS whereas the Old Pulteney 12 yo looks a good price. I was thinking of dropping hints for Father's Day, any recommendations (or otherwise)? Am I best just going for the Deanston one at Morrison's?
20200608_114636.jpg20200608_114125.jpg20200608_114103.jpg

24 quid for Old Pulteney 12 yo is theft.