whisky lovers

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Glencadam 21 is lovely and 95 quid is decent for a 21yo. I didn't pay that as I have a man in the inside but I probably would.

Would I be cynical in think with the Bunnahabhainn refurb they need to shift a lot of barrels out?

Possibly but I think they're also running on limited aged stock as well hence a few NAS releases, none of which anything to shout about. Incidentally I'm enjoying some of this Bunnahabhain tonight, salty and malty. Very good.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/bunnahabhain/bunnahabhain-10-year-old-2007-cask-11420-provenance-coastal-collection-douglas-laing-whisky/?srh=1

24 quid for Old Pulteney 12 yo is theft. 
So much for that idea. Tesco prices seem to jump about and it's now £32 rather than £24. I'll just need to keep an eye on it.

For those that are interested, they've now got Bowmore 12yo at the cracking price of £25 (I've already got a bottle or would have gone for that).20200610_132213.jpg

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

So much for that idea. Tesco prices seem to jump about and it's now £32 rather than £24. I'll just need to keep an eye on it.

We’ve been doing click & collect during the lockdown. That’s how I saw it at £24 and the offer was ending on Monday 8th. Lucky I saw it and added it to the missus’s order for Sunday.

Edited by The Mantis

Just bought Oban Distiller's Edition, register and use 'welcome10' for an extra 10% off taking it down to £49 ish.

https://www.lochfynewhiskies.com/oban-distillers-edition

Also, couldn't resist another Berry Bros Sherry Cask from Amazon, for £24 with 10% subscribe (just cancel the subscribe before they ship another)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Berry-Brothers-Rudd-Classic-Matured/dp/B07CNQMHN5/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1XKSHI7C37TXT&dchild=1&keywords=berry+brothers+%26+rudd&qid=1591552952&rnid=1642204031&s=alcohol&sprefix=berry%2Caps%2C155&sr=1-1

Ordered. Love that Berry Bros shit. So good for the money.

Just bought Oban Distiller's Edition, register and use 'welcome10' for an extra 10% off taking it down to £49 ish.
https://www.lochfynewhiskies.com/oban-distillers-edition
Also, couldn't resist another Berry Bros Sherry Cask from Amazon, for £24 with 10% subscribe (just cancel the subscribe before they ship another)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Berry-Brothers-Rudd-Classic-Matured/dp/B07CNQMHN5/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1XKSHI7C37TXT&dchild=1&keywords=berry+brothers+%26+rudd&qid=1591552952&rnid=1642204031&s=alcohol&sprefix=berry%2Caps%2C155&sr=1-1

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Tried for Oban stuff twice but never gave me discount. 

You need to Register an account with them, then add to the basket and apply the code. You can't do it as a guest

I’ve had a Talisker Skye sitting on the shelf for a while. Was given it as a gift, tried it and thought it was fairly average so it’s been left alone.

Tried it again tonight and it’s nicer than I remember but still nothing special. I’m sure I’ve had Talisker in the past that’s been better than this. Is Skye just a poor/average bottle?

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’ve had a Talisker Skye sitting on the shelf for a while. Was given it as a gift, tried it and thought it was fairly average so it’s been left alone.

Tried it again tonight and it’s nicer than I remember but still nothing special. I’m sure I’ve had Talisker in the past that’s been better than this. Is Skye just a poor/average bottle?

Skye is their NAS mass market gubbins. The standard 10 year old is a lot better.

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I think it’s rush produced NAS stuff.  The 10 is better than any of those Skye, Dark Storm and others, in my experience.  I’m sure the older ones are absolutely superb.  10 will always be a go to for me.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I think it’s rush produced NAS stuff.  The 10 is better than any of those Skye, Dark Storm and others, in my experience.  I’m sure the older ones are absolutely superb.  10 will always be a go to for me.

I grabbed a bottle of Talisker 18 in a deal a while ago and it's excellent. The wood-smokiness is less pronounced but the honeycomb flavours are more in balance, a really well crafted, harmonious drink.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

I grabbed a bottle of Talisker 18 in a deal a while ago and it's excellent. The wood-smokiness is less pronounced but the honeycomb flavours are more in balance, a really well crafted, harmonious drink.

It’s a bit out of my usual price range, but I might treat myself at Christmas to that.  

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s a bit out of my usual price range, but I might treat myself at Christmas to that.  

I'd just keep an eye out for deals. I picked one up for about £65 last year.

Edit to add I'm not suggesting that is small change for whisky. But it's a fair bit less than the normal price.

Edited by GiGi

22 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Skye is their NAS mass market gubbins. The standard 10 year old is a lot better.

As I expected (obviously knew it was NAS but didn’t want to pre-judge purely on that). Probably won’t be drinking much of it neat so will find a cocktail to make with it. It’s a shame as it was given as a gift, and by the looks of things it would’ve been cheaper to get the 10.