whisky lovers

That's some retribution for being creep and weird.

For what it's worth I've tried watching the creeps YouTube channel but his way of speaking is just bizarre. Also sounds like he constantly needs to remoisten his mouth.

2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

New to this thread so forgive me if it's been previously mentioned.

I read somewhere that the quality of the whisky deteriorates as soon as the first dram is poured. To do with the oxygen getting in about the contents of the bottle. I mainly drink either Bells or Grouse, down to price - will have a malt in the pub occasionally. I have noticed that the first dram out the bottle is generally superb but when you get to the dregs the taste is inferior. This would tend to put me off buying the more expensive whiskies...

Dear lord. If you're drinking a neat Bells or Grouse then your tastebuds have been reduced to nothing and you could save even more money by drinking lighter fluid.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Dear lord. If you're drinking a neat Bells or Grouse then your tastebuds have been reduced to nothing and you could save even more money by drinking lighter fluid.

Thanks for that. I drink mostly blends because they are the most affordable. I enjoy Bells and Grouse most out of the available blended Scotch whisky. My dram of choice in pubs is a single grain whisky, Cameron Brig. I don't drink whisky neat, prefer a ratio of 3/4 whisky to a quarter water...

Nope.

Caol Ila is lovely.

I've got a soft spot for it, as it was the first "proper whisky" I was given to taste. Life changing moment!

It's maybe not my absolute favourite these days (that would be Lagavulin!), but I'd still have it in my top five drams easily.

They do a very decent tasting tour as well, sitting in a warehouse looking out to Jura.

The views are sensational. Not sure how well this photo will come out, it's from an old phone taken in March...

84b7c2a92c01889d378641ddac3a0479.jpg

Thanks for that. I drink mostly blends because they are the most affordable. I enjoy Bells and Grouse most out of the available blended Scotch whisky. My dram of choice in pubs is a single grain whisky, Cameron Brig. I don't drink whisky neat, prefer a ratio of 3/4 whisky to a quarter water...

They sell a single grain in Aldi for around a tenner

19 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

At £15 a litre for Grouse at Tesco at the moment it would be stupid not to. My only complaint is the sweetness. Anyone know of a dryer cheap blended whisky? I think Scottish Leader might be not quite as sweet but I haven't compared them directly.

At £15 a litre for Grouse at Tesco at the moment it would be stupid not to. My only complaint is the sweetness. Anyone know of a dryer cheap blended whisky? I think Scottish Leader might be not quite as sweet but I haven't compared them directly.

J&B? [emoji23]

9 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I quite like blends. The 18 year Chivas is lovely. For a cheaper one I'm quite fond of the Naked Grouse.

I always think Blends are a bit unfairly dismissed.

I just see blends as a completely different drink from malts. It's like comparing cheap glugging table wine to a vintage Chateauneuf du Pape, each good for different circumstances. I usually go for Ballantines when on holiday, cheap as chips. Monkey's Shoulder is nice but it's as expensive as a malt.

I just see blends as a completely different drink from malts. It's like comparing cheap glugging table wine to a vintage Chateauneuf du Pape, each good for different circumstances. I usually go for Ballantines when on holiday, cheap as chips. Monkey's Shoulder is nice but it's as expensive as a malt.

I think a good blend is often as good as a good malt. I know I'm in the minority with this view though.