whisky lovers

I think 20 single malts will be more common in future.

Supermarket buying power, Whisky undergoing a self correction with the likes of maccallan and glenfiddich having committed to massive over production and challenging export conditions unless post Brexit trade deals can be negotiated quickly.

There will be a few casualties but hopefully the days of distilleries pumping out a new NAS or port/Sherry finish every year will be done.

Ardbeg 10 yr old down from £47 to £23.50 in tesco "to clear", bought the last three bottles in Alloa

Interesting. Will pop round later to mine. Need another peaty one for my Cask.

Picked up Rattrays Islay Cask today at the good spirits co. £33. Will probably crack it open later....

Ardbeg 10 yr old down from £47 to £23.50 in tesco "to clear", bought the last three bottles in Alloa

Sold out in my local tesco as well.

e354d16cc29a73abe45da992be7e2c5b.gif

They did have their Tesco Finest 12 yo speyside single malt reduced to clear at £12.50 so grabbed a bottle of that. Not tested as yet.

22 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Sold out in my local tesco as well.

e354d16cc29a73abe45da992be7e2c5b.gif

They did have their Tesco Finest 12 yo speyside single malt reduced to clear at £12.50 so grabbed a bottle of that. Not tested as yet.

Their own Islay is nice.

I don't like the speyside but if you like singleton or Glenrothes you might.

A few years ago  the Co-op in Leven once priced their Glen Grant at £9.99 a bottle. Pretty certain it was meant to be William Grant but someone got confused/ fucked up. We took it turns to buy a bottle every couple of days before they ran out...

Was having a drink with my cousin a few weeks ago and he got out a bottle of Aberlour 12 year-old. The first whisky I've ever been able to drink neat without forcing the first few sips. Absolutely glorious stuff, desperate to get my hands on a bottle of it myself.

Their own Islay is nice.
I don't like the speyside but if you like singleton or Glenrothes you might.

Yeah their own Islay was still at the original price of £25 otherwise that would have been the choice. Tried the Speyside last night - was OK considering the price but nothing more.

Local tesco had no ardbeg, but picked up 3 x 20cl talisker 10 for a fiver each, and two of these half price at £25 each.

Might actually go back and buy some more and punt them on the auction site, especially as I read somewhere that they are cutting down on age statements

6520f2b9a6109ce3be883c873ebfc240.jpg

It was really nice. Very smooth, almost floral, and there must be whisky older than 12 years in the blend. I don't think I've tasted a "12 yr old" like it.

The good lady isn't well and away for an early night tonight so I've gone back to try the Lagavulin 8 again. I had one nip out the bottle and wasn't that impressed at the time, but on 2nd attempt it's actually all right.

Wouldn't be paying the same price as the 16 for it, but it was another amazon discount over Xmas.

On 26/01/2017 at 20:50, ClydeSI said:

Local tesco had no ardbeg, but picked up 3 x 20cl talisker 10 for a fiver each, and two of these half price at £25 each.

Might actually go back and buy some more and punt them on the auction site, especially as I read somewhere that they are cutting down on age statements

6520f2b9a6109ce3be883c873ebfc240.jpg

You like it?

I picked up the Hibiki 12 in the airport and really rate it. Very floral ( smells of emulsion paint),sweet and smooth. Can't wait to finish it and then use the bottle as a decanter for water.