Heart of Midlothian 5 - 1 Hibernian

Lex

You can only beat what's put in front of you, and it was still an achievement to get to the final, no matter what way you spin it. Folk that leave with 40minutes to go (or worse, the ones that left with an hour to go) aren't real supporters and are a waste of a ticket.

Personally, I would stay. I wouldn't have a problem with folk who wanted to leave though. It's perfectly understandable. It's nobodies right to judge how someone else backs their team.

You can only beat what's put in front of you, and it was still an achievement to get to the final, no matter what way you spin it. Folk that leave with 40minutes to go (or worse, the ones that left with an hour to go) aren't real supporters and are a waste of a ticket.

I wouldn't agree given the circumstances. being shafted by your rivals on the biggest domestic stage would make leaving entirely reasonable, IMO.

I left at 4-0 during the Motherwell game in the Fourth Round, incidentally. You're there to watch a game, if the game is over, you don't have to hang around. If the spectacle is jaw-droppingly abysmal, I'd certainly leave.

That sh!te that got Hibs to their first major final in years. Great supporting that is right there... dry.gif

Aye, applauding players off the field when they've been pumped 5-1 by their derby rivals. That makes sense. :lol:

I get the feeling this whole "leaving before the end" thing kinda merits it's own thread after this. It's a reflection of how quiet the game got there for a bit that we got so into discussing it.