what new phone to upgrade to

No doubting it's amongst the best, but I'd have though the more natural choice would've been to wait for the S4. That's exactly what I'll be doing though my contract with the S2 is until October or something.

I've only had brief dealings with an iPhone but I just don't get the feel of it and I've yet to see a feature that isn't done better elsewhere!

My mate has an iPhone 4S and is stuck in the middle of a 24 month conract paying £45 including insurance(what a waste of money). I have a better quality Nexus 4 and pay £12 a month on a rolling SIM only contract, I know what the better deal is.

Most people I know that have iPhone`s have not tried anything else. My mate for instance could never "lower" himself to Android. Pretty pathetic, but if you want to throw your money down a hole, fair enough.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mate has an iPhone 4S and is stuck in the middle of a 24 month conract paying £45 including insurance(what a waste of money). I have a better quality Nexus 4 and pay £12 a month on a rolling SIM only contract, I know what the better deal is.

Most people I know that have iPhone`s have not tried anything else. My mate for instance could never "lower" himself to Android. Pretty pathetic, but if you want to throw your money down a hole, fair enough.

I'd have a better quality/higher spec Chinese import that won't slide off a flat surface. on payg over the Nexus, why pay that amount?

I now have the iPhone 4S when I previously had the HTC Desire. The main advantage is that Apple are really good at having people update their software (by making it annoying not to) which makes it easier for app developers.<br /><br />This means that apps appear first on the iPhone and I think they are (in general) higher quality. For example, I really like the Virgin Media Tivo app and this isn't available on android yet.<br /><br />This will hopefully change over time as I prefer the flexibility of Android, however, this the advantage of the iPhone.<br />

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anybody had any experience of buying a Chinese import ? I've been looking at a few on Alibaba.com but can't make up my mind.

My contract has expired and have a good sim only deal for £11 a month with unlimited date, text and 300 minutes.

Has anybody had any experience of buying a Chinese import ? I've been looking at a few on Alibaba.com but can't make up my mind.

My contract has expired and have a good sim only deal for £11 a month with unlimited date, text and 300 minutes.

Sounds like a great deal, batter on.

Im thinking of buying the S4 from Amazon (£435) and selling my HTC One X on one of these Mobile recycling sites for roughly £145 to 150.

Has anyone used any of these sites before? Are they reliable?

Yeah, Ive used them. Didnt have any problems at all

Which ones out of interest. The most I can get for my phone is £152 and it goes all the way down to around £100 (or a bit less)

Just wondered which one you used that was OK.

Which ones out of interest. The most I can get for my phone is £152 and it goes all the way down to around £100 (or a bit less)

The one that paid the most :lol:

Seriously, I cant remember ... sorry! Might have been mizuma (sp?). Pretty sure it was one of the more well known ones

Well its that time of year again time to renew/upgrade my phone Being someone who has had sony phones from erricson throught to my now Xperia S, im thinking about getting the Galaxy s4 as i dont see any new SONY phones - whoops tell a lie i see the Xperia Z

Well its that time of year again time to renew/upgrade my phone Being someone who has had sony phones from erricson throught to my now Xperia S, im thinking about getting the Galaxy s4 as i dont see any new SONY phones - whoops tell a lie i see the Xperia Z

Ahhh, but which one? There's the Xperia Z, the Zperia ZL - or the quite frankly INSANE sounding Xperia Z Ultra.

The specs on the Xperia Z Ultra are off the scale - 6.4 inch screen, 2GB Ram, 2.2 Ghz, 16GB built in space (expandable by SD card up to 64GB), dust and waterproof, beautiful 1080p screen - it's like what the Galaxy Mega SHOULD have been to be honest.

The batter sounds as if it might struggle a bit, as it's 3050mAh, and annoyingly it's also non removable - and that screen might be just a touch big - but even so. It promises to be an incredible piece of kit.

I used Mazuma when I sold my HTC Desire. It was really easy, no quibbles from them. Think I got £75 for it, the going rate on eBay at the time was about £90, but by the time you knock off eBay fees etc and the hassle of selling it myself I was quite happy with £75 (less how much it cost to post it to them).

Re phones over 5", there is a thread on digital spy about 3 classing them as phablets and sims not working.

Dunno if it is hard and fast rule.

Archived