What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I watched The Big Short the other night.

Before going on I expected it to be a bit of a mess: Adam McKay directing it, and I wasn't sure how they could adapt the book into a decent film (mainly because of the CDO/CDS/tranches/etc bits). Credit where credit is due, it's a lot better than I expected. The "Scorsese" techniques really worked.

Straight Outta Compton - Great Film

Hateful eight last night enjoyed it but i can see why its getting mixed reviews

Kids selection with the wee man The good dinosaur great wee film we both enjoyed it

On whats coming soon Triple 9 looks fantastic hope it doesn't disappoint

I seen John Wick is now on movies any good???

Had some spare time this afternoon so I switched the android box on and checked out a couple films.

The Condemned 2, was pretty much the same idea as The running man, was not as bad as I thought it would be.

5/10

The Town That Dreaded Sundown, Remake of a 70's run of the mill slasher. I'm not a massive horror fan with the only exceptions being Halloween and The Shining but this one had me guessing til the end which was a surprise. A few notable actors in this with a surprising blowie scene which made me laugh.

6/10

Edited by MikeyVanBasten3

The Survivalist

The world has run out of oil and other resources. One guy has managed to get a wee farm going, and will do what he can to keep his crops. Two women turn up and things change. It's a pretty tense affair. Dialogue is few and far between. Tension isn't. You're never too sure of how things are going to play out, until the final third when things get a bit predictable. But it's a brilliant movie up to that point.

8/10

Deadpool:

As soon as I first saw him on screen I was just delighted to see he was finally getting a film but I tried to not let that cloud my judgement of whether the movie was good or not. I did absolutely love it and thought it was very clever and never before has the opening credits summed up a character so well. I did think it took itself a bit too seriously at times but jumping between him being Deadpool a fair bit into his "career" and prior to his transformation meant it didn't really drag on as an origin story too much. The movie was hilarious and great fun and I really hope they don't go overboard for the sequel considering they know it will most definitely make money so there'll be less risks as it gave the writers more material to use as well as it feeling more "Deadpooly". First movie I've seen of 2016 and, if they all carry on like this, I'll be happy.

9/10

Quick fire reviews, from the week.

The Hateful Eight. Didn't disappoint. Good show. 8/10

Bridge of Spies. Decent. Kept engaged throughout. 7/10

North Vs South. Dinna bather. Babacack. 2/10

The Program. Not necessarily for pro cycling enthusiasts. I happen to be, so. 7.5/10

Deadpool 8/10

Very very funny, self-referential in the vein of Mel Brooks, bloody gruesome like early Peter Jackson, I loved it. Could easily have gone another half-hour imo.

Rams 6/10

Tale of two squabbling sheep farmer brothers in Iceland. Pretty bleak, kind of amusing.

The Survivalist 7/10

Christ this made The Road look like Blazing Saddles. Grim as f**k

Ill Manors 10/10

Surprisingly mature piece of work and makes the general slew of British 'urban' films look amateur. Not enjoyed anything as much as this since Kidulthood / Adulthood. The pacing and intertwining of stories I thought was excellent