What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Life - A very good Alien remake where astronauts recover a probe from Mars and discover life ergo 'shit hits the fan'. There's plenty of tension in this largely by the numbers creature feature and it does have a very bold ending which I enjoyed. 7/10

McLaren..........8/10

Documentary about Bruce McLaren, racing driver from New Zealand, charting his racing career from the early days through to forming his own team bearing his name and his untimely early death while testing. Lots of archive footage and interviews with major players from back in the day which I found interesting as I didn't know much about his story. Probably more for motorsports fans.

(123)

The Wee Man 4/10

Really shit hagiography about Glasgow gangster Paul Ferris. Redeemed only slightly by the fact that the guy that played Arthur Thompson Jr decided to go f**k it and chew as much of the scenery as he could. (Netflix)

Edited by Christophe

(124)

Jago The Hunter 7/10

This is great, it's more like a painting than a film. It's About a man in his 80s who's lived free diving for fish all his life. Like I say it's more atmospheric than anything. Pacing and crystalline azure scenes. (BBC4/iPlayer)

Edited by Christophe

(125)

The Other Side of Hope 8/10

Loved this, serious subject matter (Syrian refugee being treated like shit by a rubbish system and neo Nazis) but done as a comedy, although classic Scando (in this case Finnish) dark comedy of silences, loneliness and despair. (cinema)

(127)

Free Fire 6/10

Massive shoot 'em up, loads of fucked up accents, good to hear a bit of Sharlto Copley though, the prawns, the fookin prawns, that guy, the shoot out goes on for so long that it almost becomes comedic but also kinda boring. (Torrent)