What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

(116)

Sausage Party 6/10

A rather crude - in both senses - metaphorical missive about religion, but it got a few big laughs out of me and the climatic - in both senses - scene was genuinely pretty shocking. (Sky)

Just home from the midnight showing of Wonder Woman. Was a bit apprehensive about it beforehand but I reckon they've got it absolutely spot on. I really enjoyed it and would probably put it up there amongst the best superhero films. Gal Gadot and Chris Pine play their roles superbly.

9/10

I can remember the TV series with the lovely Lynda Carter on Saturday nights but Wikipedia says it finished in 1979.
I would have been six so I'm beginning to doubt myself.
Did it run longer over here?

Independence Day 2: Electric Boogaloo 2/10

The same film without the charismatic lead and even more stupid. It's a shame so many of the original cast were convinced to return because this was shit, and pointless, and confusing and the main baddie just looked ruuuubbbbbz. A couple of points for some decent effects. (Sky)

On Friday, June 02, 2017 at 20:39, mjw said:

I can remember the TV series with the lovely Lynda Carter on Saturday nights but Wikipedia says it finished in 1979.
I would have been six so I'm beginning to doubt myself.
Did it run longer over here?

It was definitely repeated well into the 80s. 

They still re-appear now, usually on Horror Channel for some reason...

Lego Batman

Deeply juvenile and very silly. Utter nonsense at times.

Therefore I fucking loved it. One of the funniest films I've seen in a long time. It even made me fancy Lego Barbara Gordon.

8/10

Saw High Rise a while back as I'd started reading the book, and was curious about how close an adaption it was. Pretty close, as it turns out - shame the original story was so daft, and not really very entertaining either. I know JG Ballard had a thing about how easily society falls apart, but the plot is risible and fairly dull. A solid cast doing decent work can't detract from that.

(118)

Star Trek: Beyond 5/10

This was confusing and relied too much on gimmicks at the expense of story. Still, the cast works well together and it banged on at a decent pace so at least I wasn't bored. (Sky)

Edited by Christophe

Wonder Woman

DC needed to get this right and they really have, excellent action with a great story, Gadot and Pine make a great pair and give a nod to Ewan Bremnar who's character gives the movie a nice bit of heart. Great entertainment 9/10.

Have to mention a group of  wee girls roughly about 8 yr old who were a couple of rows in front of us with a   mum, cheered wildly at the end ,real heroine stuff.

Kids dragged me and the missus along to see the Captain Underpants movie yesterday. 3/10. But on the bright side I got an uninterrupted snooze that was probably 8/10. 

(119)

Lords of Dogtown 6/10

Enjoyable enough but yeah bit pointless given that the (much better) documentary about the same people (made by the same guy!) already existed (Netflix)

Edited by Christophe

(120)

Life on the Road 4/10

Ricky Gervais clutching at straws as he resurrects David Brent. Just a rehash of The Office, but without the subtlety and thus is no longer believable. (Presumably because he's not working with Smerch). Some laugh out loud moments, but too few and far between. Comedy songs are shit. Dom Johnson is funny in parts. Basically a film about itself. (Amazon Prime)

3 hours ago, Christophe said:

(120)

Life on the Road 4/10

Ricky Gervais clutching at straws as he resurrects David Brent. Just a rehash of The Office, but without the subtlety and thus is no longer believable. (Presumably because he's not working with Smerch). Some laugh out loud moments, but too few and far between. Comedy songs are shit. Dom Johnson is funny in parts. Basically a film about itself. (Amazon Prime)

Probably the worst movie I watched last year.