What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Sky Riders

Trashy 70s action flick starring James Coburn.  When his ex missus and kids are kidnapped by a bunch of terrorists and taken to a remote hilltop hideaway, Coburn launches a daring hang-glider borne rescue mission.

Cheesy and very dated but entertaining enough.

5/10

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

It (the recent one, on DVD)

Enjoyed this way more than I was expecting to. It maybe got mixed reviews from people expecting it to be something terrifying when it's really just a scary adventure. It's like The Goonies or Stand By Me with a bit of extra gore (a few strong expletives and a lot of blood push it into 15 terrirory but with a few cuts could easily have been a 12A). Stephen King is good at giving kids strong roles - the adults in the film are incidental. Really good special effects too. Looking forward to the next part. 

9/10

12 Strong - Cinema - 6/10

Chose this film as it was the only film that fitted into our available time.  Other than knowing it was an action film I knew nothing about it.

Really enjoyed it.  Stars Chris Hemsworth as the Captain of a special forces team sent to Afghanistan after the 9/11 attacks.  The action sequences were well put together but I'd say that it maybe dragged on a little bit too long.  Would still recommend it. 

Les Valseuses

Gerard Depardieu stars in this 70s French road movie. A pair of degenerates drift around France committing petty crimes and harassing women. An absolute classic that I always enjoy watching.

I was slightly dismayed to learn that an American remake starring John Turturro as the same character that he plays in The Big Lebowski will be released soon. It may be good but I'm sceptical... 

10/10

The Pirates of Somalia

Young journalist heads for Somalia to try and write a book about the pirates after being told to do something crazy in order to break through. It's a surprisingly good natured movie given the subject, with a decent comic tone throughout. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing.

8/10

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

Saw this at the cinema last night, and I really can’t decide what I thought. It was very good in parts, while a bit awkward when it tried to be too funny. I’ll need to watch it again.

(26)

Maze Runner 3: This Time There’s No Maze Again 3/10

Didn’t really want to see this but seen the first two and it’s free so... looked great for a $60m film but my god I thought it was never going to end and everyone was SO FUCKING STUUUUPID (cinema)

(25)

The Cloverfield Paradox - FUCKINGLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL/10

Probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever watched. (Netflix)

Loads of people have said this is shite which has made me a bit intrigued. Is it bad enough to be entertainingly shit? Or just boringly shit and to be avoided?

12 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Loads of people have said this is shite which has made me a bit intrigued. Is it bad enough to be entertainingly shit? Or just boringly shit and to be avoided?

I was wondering the same. Asking for a friend.

Downsizing

7/10

Good film funny in places. The Asian girl had funny lines.

Cinema

Den of thieves

7/10

Reminded me of Heat with pacino. Pleasantly surprised with it .

Cinema

Escape Room

0/10

Absolute shite.acting was worse.worst film i seen this year so far.time not been good to Sean young either 

Sky Movies

22 hours ago, Christophe said:

(24)

Star Wars I: Phantom Thread 8.5/10

Intense, smouldering romance, he’s a mercurial genius, she’s a freewheeling post-war eurobabe, it’s all to play for! Friday at 9 on BBC One. (cinema)

I'm confused.