What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Yeah, thought it was very good,. Very well directed and acted with great characterization, but there wasn't a great deal of story. I know it's more about the change in the family dynamic perceptions of personality and blah blah blah, but it just seemd a bit abrupt in parts.

I was just happy to see David Cronenberg had made a movie where I had a feckin clue what was going on!!

The Wicker Man - 6/10, don't see what people rave about this for, it was a 90 minute episode of Balamory! :(

Given you love stuff like Wishmaster 7: The Bloodmonger I'm not surprised ;) Not enough gore? Too intelligent?? :P

I'm kidding on of course, I have no idea if Wishmaster 7 is called The Bloodmonger :)

Last up was Goldfinger 9/10

Bond's crowning glory, although You Only Live Twice runs it a close second as the quintessential Bond movie.

Given you love stuff like Wishmaster 7: The Bloodmonger I'm not surprised ;) Not enough gore? Too intelligent?? :P

I'm kidding on of course, I have no idea if Wishmaster 7 is called The Bloodmonger :)

Nah, there's only been 4 of them - 4 was shit, 1 and 2 were both decent, although the first one has Tony Todd and Robert Englund in it, so it couldn't really fail.

saltyTon, do you not get bored of watching horror movies? I mean I like pizza but if I watched one pizza on DVD a day for a month I'd get pretty bored with it! Same with you eating your stuffed crust horror movies I'd bet.

saltyTon, do you not get bored of watching horror movies? I mean I like pizza but if I watched one pizza on DVD a day for a month I'd get pretty bored with it! Same with you eating your stuffed crust horror movies I'd bet.

Not really, there's so many different kinds of horror that they are rarely the same. Quite a lot of them are shit, so when a good one is made (like Saw) you can appreciate it more.

For bad horror, see Cannibal Holocaust, which was banned in the UK for years (most likely due to its total shiteness)

I occasionally watch mainstream films (I think the last one I saw was Firewall - now that was bloody awful), but bid budget films tend to focus more on special effects than on letting the script speak for itself.

Not really, there's so many different kinds of horror that they are rarely the same. Quite a lot of them are shit, so when a good one is made (like Saw) you can appreciate it more.

For bad horror, see Cannibal Holocaust, which was banned in the UK for years (most likely due to its total shiteness)

I occasionally watch mainstream films (I think the last one I saw was Firewall - now that was bloody awful), but bid budget films tend to focus more on special effects than on letting the script speak for itself.

I'm not knocking you Salty but surely films like Leprachaun (sp?) focus neither on special effects or script?

A good horror film is a great thing but there is much more than shite like Firewall beyond the horror genre.

By the way, I don't really consider The Wicker Man as a horror film, just a tremendous, creepy and emotive film.

My favourite horror movies are the ones that play on your mind. Not the ones that just go for guts and splatter (although I quite like them too) Sometimes its what you don’t see that’s the real horror as your imagination can run riot. Also love zombie movies that are a take on aspects of society like Dawn of the Dead or 28 Days Later.

Talking of which, seen a wee clip of the follow up 28 Weeks Later which looks good.

Think its by the same folk Chris. Bobby Carlyle is one of the main characters.

Google '28 Weeks Later' and you'll find the clip.

It's not the same folk at all.

Danny Boyle and chums have a film called Sunshine out next.

28 weeks later appears to have the Americans coming to save us all......

Saw Final Destination 3 - 7/10

Identical to the last 2 in storyline (obviously) but was enjoyable to sit down and watch it without really thinking. Would be a good slogan for Sunbeds Kill people, and David W could use it for his anti-fireworks thing. Will be interesting when i get the DVD for real, and i can chose who dies and who doesnt :)

It's not the same folk at all.

Danny Boyle and chums have a film called Sunshine out next.

28 weeks later appears to have the Americans coming to save us all......

I stand corrected then. Aye, the Yanks come to save us and then it all goes tits up.

Seems a realistic scenario to me.

I was a busy boy last night.

2 Bond movies back to back.

On Her Majesty's Secret Service 8/10

The poor bugger had no chance stepping into Sean's shoes. Had Connery appeared this would be considered one of the finest Bonds of all time. It certainly has one of the best soundtracks. It also features a storyline that has become a defining and recurring feature of the character - the murder of his wife. It's just about the only Bond film that finishes on a down beat moment.

You Only Live Twice 9/10

There would be no Austin Powers if this movie did not exist. This film and Goldfinger are the Bond templates. It's no surprise to me that Connery was the biggest star in the World when this movie was released.

It has the best villain, superb sountrack, all the normal exotic foreign locations, a fantastical plot that thankfully doesn't end up with Bond in outer space and the usual 60's mix of sexism and xenophobia :ph34r:

Effortlessly cool.