What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

2. Mark Wahlbergs character, why does everyone think he is great - the only point to him seemed to be a plot device to facilitate the dodgy ending. Is it because he swears a lot?

With Sheen there's the classic good cop/bad cop double act, and he carries off the bad cop superbly. From the first moment you meet him in the film it's clear he's a total dick, and he plays the role perfectly!

A few of his lines are really funny, and despite the film being set in Boston he's also classic NY Scorsese in his snappy delivery. The performances by Damon and Di Caprio are good because they're fairly straight and neutral, while I think Wahlberg's character required a bit more gusto.

And yeah, the swearing probably swung it for me :P;)

Still to watch Internal Affairs, will be interesting to see how it compares having seen the new one first :)

With Sheen there's the classic good cop/bad cop double act, and he carries off the bad cop superbly. From the first moment you meet him in the film it's clear he's a total dick, and he plays the role perfectly!

A few of his lines are really funny, and despite the film being set in Boston he's also classic NY Scorsese in his snappy delivery. The performances by Damon and Di Caprio are good because they're fairly straight and neutral, while I think Wahlberg's character required a bit more gusto.

Still to watch Internal Affairs, will be interesting to see how it compares having seen the new one first :)

I agree with Colin. Swearing is big, clever and funny.

I quite fancy Infernal Affairs on the back of seeing this as well.

See, there is no such character in the original which is why I have a problem with him and why it just seems to me he is just beefed up plot device, they had to give him a bit of gusto to hide that fact. When you watch the original you will see what I mean. I liked DiCaprio, not so keen on Damon (a bit snivelling and weasly compared to the smooth Andy Lau)

I watched The da Vinci Code last night. It fell right between two stools I thought.

The people who had read the book would be pissed off at the lack of accuracy and there was little mention of the real back story, i.e. the controversial stuff, and for the people who hadn't read the book wouldn't have a clue what was going on as it was impossible to fit the full story into a movie.

I was almost pissing myself laughing about the healing hands of Sophie. :rolleyes:

I watched The da Vinci Code last night. It fell right between two stools I thought.

The people who had read the book would be pissed off at the lack of accuracy and there was little mention of the real back story, i.e. the controversial stuff, and for the people who hadn't read the book wouldn't have a clue what was going on as it was impossible to fit the full story into a movie.

I was almost pissing myself laughing about the healing hands of Sophie. :rolleyes:

Yep, the bit at Ian McKellen's house was just crammed in, I thought. No good to man nor beast.

It wasn't particularly good, but nor was it as awful as many have made out.

Yep, the bit at Ian McKellen's house was just crammed in, I thought. No good to man nor beast.

It wasn't just that scene that pissed me off, the opening scene in The Louvre was poor as well. Howard used blood to show the clues. Aye right Ritchie. :rolleyes:

Without spoiling the movie, they got two major things wrong in the story and the ending was even worse than the book. I didn't think that would be possible. :lol:

It wasn't just that scene that pissed me off, the opening scene in The Louvre was poor as well. Howard used blood to show the clues. Aye right Ritchie. :rolleyes:

Without spoiling the movie, they got two major things wrong in the story and the ending was even worse than the book. I didn't think that would be possible. :lol:

Just finished watching it.

That was a horrific ending! :lol:

BTW, did the version you see have subtitles for the French bits? Mine didn't, and I still have no idea what the banker said to the Polisman in the hospital.

It was quite a poor film - preferred the book. Do you think they change the film so that there are still surprises for the people who read the book, or do they do it to thoroughly annoy the folk who read the book?

Guest fraser_arab

Went and saw the Grudge 2. Great movie, sh*t scary at times!!

9/10 - It ended quite badly IMO, although they might just be leaving it for a "Grudge 3" :unsure: