What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Thank f**k it was tongue in cheek, otherwise it would never have worked.

How do you make that out? :unsure:

Anyway, watched Click yesterday. 8/10

Very enjoyable film, funny throughout and a good moral story to it also.

It also got an extra point for the "dog" storyline throughout, Hilareous.

Watched Goodfella's last night, my girlfriend had never seen it. I could probably recite it but it was good to watch it with someone who hadn't. A truly fantastic film. I usually watch it witha few beers so it was good to watch sober and appreciate the whole construction of the film. Who won Best Director in 1990? :rolleyes:

I bought A History of Violence on DVD and watched it theother night as well. It's another cracking film, the cinematography (sp) is fantastic, it's a beautfully shot film. I am no expert on it all but it also seems the violence is more visceral than in other films I've seen, especially the scene in the coffee shop. It's very realistic and sends shivers through you (or through me at least) which is strange as violence is so common in films today.

I also bought the graphic novel that the film is based on, it's interesting how Cronenberg changed it. The focus of the novel is really the narrative but Cronenberg focuses on the ideas of identity - Tom or Joey - and the effect on the Stall family of violence intruding into their lives. It makes for a much more interesting package I think. The ending is still a bit fucking daft though.

I watched precisely 7 minutes of Team America, World Police, before turning it off. Quite frankly the biggest load of utter utter pish I've ever seen in my life. When I am on my death bed, I will cast my mind back to this moment, and think that I could have squeezed in one more w**k had I not wasted this 7 minutes of my life.

I watched precisely 7 minutes of Team America, World Police, before turning it off. Quite frankly the biggest load of utter utter pish I've ever seen in my life. When I am on my death bed, I will cast my mind back to this moment, and think that I could have squeezed in one more w**k had I not wasted this 7 minutes of my life.

7 minutes? so were you not able to find the remote control? :unsure:

7 minutes? so were you not able to find the remote control? :unsure:

That's exactly what I was going to say, I haven't seen the film only trailers etc... and it looks utter, utter pish.

I watched a film made in the 70's called the Godfather the other night...wasnae bad.

Seriously though, along with Part II it's a great story and always has me, despite their length, glued to the screen, mesmerised. I think that's the secret to their success. The plot is irrelevant, I mean, you need some idea of what is going on, but the films are really just about the development of the "family" over the years. It's actually quite sad to see the decline of the Corleone's family unit (depite them being murdering mafia scum!). Both films complement each other with the flashbacks in Part II a nice touch (I bet De Niro was cursing Brandos stupid bloody accent from Part 1 that he then has to replicate in Part II!).

Part III quite rightly gets slagged, but then there was no need for this film and it had a lot to live up to and there is the time lag between II and III also which was always going to be difficult to overcome- Part III is a completely different kettle of fish. I still like it though, and it seems to ram home just how much, despite the wealth aquired, Pacino has failed to lead the Corleone family in an ever changing (under)world and live up to his father's teachings.

10/10

PS apologies if the films are covered elsewhere in this post!

I would urge you to give this gem of a film another chance. It's sheer comedy genius. The best part about it is when you realise (usually about 15 minutes into the film) that Americans will totally love it as they'll think it's a film about how great the good ol' US of A is... when really it's the biggest piss-take I've ever seen!

Flags of Our Fathers. Another Clint masterpiece, showing Private Ryan and the Thin Red Line to be the spurious, shallow garbage they really are. Dreadful, hammy, manipulative tacked on ending though...

8/10.

And Team USA is absolute garbage. Almost as unfunny as Anchorman.

Flags of Our Fathers. Another Clint masterpiece, showing Private Ryan and the Thin Red Line to be the spurious, shallow garbage they really are. Dreadful, hammy, manipulative tacked on ending though...

8/10.

And Team USA is absolute garbage. Almost as unfunny as Anchorman.

I would urge you to give this gem of a film another chance. It's sheer comedy genius. The best part about it is when you realise (usually about 15 minutes into the film) that Americans will totally love it as they'll think it's a film about how great the good ol' US of A is... when really it's the biggest piss-take I've ever seen!

Um, no, "they" didn't. :rolleyes: It's almost as unfunny as Anchorman, and that's going some.

Watched Flags Of Our Fathers in Tokyo yesterday. Another epic masterpiece from Clint Eastwood. Shows Saving Private Ryan and The Thin Red Line to be manipulative and twee nonsense. Shame about the ending, clearly tacked on by the film company. 8/10

Um, no, "they" didn't. :rolleyes: It's almost as unfunny as Anchorman, and that's going some.

Watched Flags Of Our Fathers in Tokyo yesterday. Another epic masterpiece from Clint Eastwood. Shows Saving Private Ryan and The Thin Red Line to be manipulative and twee nonsense. Shame about the ending, clearly tacked on by the film company. 8/10

Well, I love it :D

Going to go and see that Flags of our Fathers sometime during the week probably, glad it's getting mostly good revies :)