What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Thats what I heard, not sure if I want to see it or not.

If you liked the book I'd give the film a miss. It's completely different. I thoroughly enjoyed the Bourne trilogy of books and both films so far have had little in common with their literary counterparts. They're decent films in their own right but not as film versions of the books.

The Proposition 8/10

Starring Guy Pearce and Ray Winstone and written by Nick Cave, I wasn't exactly expecting a laugh-a-minute chucklefest. Needless to say this is a gloomy film - An Australian 'western' based around themes of revenge and justice. What I liked about it was the lack of clearly defined morality; there's no real black and white clear cut characters. A lot of the time you're wondering about underlying motives. It's a slow burner, a little too much in the first half (in fact, my girlfriend asked after the first half hour, 'Why didn't you just get Big Mommas House 2?' :rolleyes: ) and the ending is inevitable, if not totally predictable. It's nicely shot and the performances are great, especially Ray Winstone and Emily Watson as a husband and wife.

Its well worth a watch if you're looking for a thoughtful, yet ultra-violent movie to rent.

Dragging this back from a while ago as just rented it and watched it. Id go along with that review. I thought Ray Winstone was excellent as was Emily Watson. The only thing i was really "upset" about was the lack of revenge against the real "bad guy" in the whole thing. I think he should have been beaten up in some way :)

I went to see two films over the weekend with my ex.

The Covenant - film about four teenage male witches (warlocks?) who are forced to fight against a fifth, more powerful evil male witch (warlock?).

Alright, nothing hugely special. 6/10.

The Holiday - two women swap homes over Christmas for a holiday and fall for people they meet. Mostly a chick flick, but good performances from Jack Black and Cameron Diaz mean it's better than normal.

Pretty good. 7/10.

The Hulk - 7/10

Much better the second time round. Crappy CGI dog fight apart it's a pretty good film. I was too tired to give it the attention it deserved the first time round and found myself baying for the big green guy (like most critics and fanboys).

Jaws 2 - 7/10

Nowhere near as good as the original but thankfully not half as bad as the next 2 sequels. It does have a good couple of set pieces (the water skiing scene is pretty good).

Jaws is probably the one film that I would not be too disappointed in seeing being "enhanced" digitally. The great thing about the original is that we do not see the shark much (I'm far from convinced this was through design given the problems they had with the shark). When we do see the shark it's pretty crappy looking though. I don't think that making it a bit more realistic looking would detract from the tension.

The wonder of technology... the top right corner of my screen is occupied by Windows Media Player. The rest is this forum.

:)

Then you arent really watching it are you. You have it on in the corner and paying attention to it now and again while surfing PnB for the latest info. :unsure:

Then you arent really watching it are you. You have it on in the corner and paying attention to it now and again while surfing PnB for the latest info. :unsure:

Other way about... i'm surfing P&B during the bits where its just 2 cars talking or whatever, which doesn't really require my full viewing attention.

The tractor tipping scene is sheer genius! :lol::lol::lol:

"He won 3 Piston Cups!"

"He did what in his cup!?!" :lol:

Mater is great.

Edited by Dunc

Last film watched (at the cinema yesterday with the kids) - Happy Feet

Not as sugary as I was fearing, some quite good lines, good songs, and even a bit of environmentally friendly stuff at the end.

Edit - Oh yeah, score (duh)

7/10

Edited by Forest_Fifer

Anyone else watching Blown Away on Channel 5? Tommy Lee Jones is surely a candidate for worst accent in a movie as an IRA lunatic.

Nope, worst Irish accent in any film by anyone - ever.

Made Dick Van Dykes "Cockney" in Mary Poppins sound authentic in comparison.

Nope, worst Irish accent in any film by anyone - ever.

Made Dick Van Dykes "Cockney" in Mary Poppins sound authentic in comparison.

Nope, Sean Connery in the Untouchables currently on Sky One, 10/10 by the way

Nope, Sean Connery in the Untouchables currently on Sky One, 10/10 by the way

No, you have to be attempting the accent, however badly, to count.

Sean Connery just plays everyone as Scottish, whether they are Irish cops, Russian Submarine captains, Spanish/Egyptian/whatever Immortals,etc.