What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Spiderman 3.

Fucking brilliant, Venom is shit hot and even the Sandman character is quite good.

Some genuinely funny parts too.

8/10.

Bruce Campbell = Legend

I liked spiderman 3 but there was easily enough story there to do spiderman 4, 5 and 6 as well! I think Venom deserved a movie to himself. Oh well, we might see his son Carnage in the future.

Bruce Campbell is a legend.
Bruce Campbell = Legend

Try to catch a movie called Bubba Ho-Tep.

Bruce Campbell plays Elvis Presley who is alive and well but living in an old folks home. No-one believes him of course, they think he's an Elvis impersonator but BC insists that he switched lifestyles with the impersonator in the late 70s just before his death.

Anyway, this Mummy keeps appearing and stealing the souls of the old folks at the home. Elvis teams up with JFK (played by a black actor!) to try to thwart the Mummy with comedic horror results.

Try to catch a movie called Bubba Ho-Tep.

Bruce Campbell plays Elvis Presley who is alive and well but living in an old folks home. No-one believes him of course, they think he's an Elvis impersonator but BC insists that he switched lifestyles with the impersonator in the late 70s just before his death.

Anyway, this Mummy keeps appearing and stealing the souls of the old folks at the home. Elvis teams up with JFK (played by a black actor!) to try to thwart the Mummy with comedic horror results.

got it on DVD, love it.

"Even a big bug like you oughta know, never - but, never - f**k with the king"

Just finished watching Mean Girls on Channel 4. Good laugh, one to leave your brain at home for (if you went to see it at the cinema that is!) - 6/10.

Edited by RiG

Went to see Pirates of the Carribean today.

It's a great spectacle, it looks stunning and the battle scenes are engrossing as ever.

Only problem is that we've seen it all before. Also, it was just far too long.

I'll give it a six out of ten.

Went to see both Zodiac and 28 weeks later recently.

Enjoyed both, Zodiac got a bit slow and is ultimately frustrating (although I was aware of that in advance). Robert Downey Jr stole every scene he was in and I'm not normally a big fan. 7/10

28 Weeks Later was decent enough, added local knowledge made their wanderings round London baffling and enjoyable at the same time. Good female characters for once and it was pretty tense and if the ending was somewhat predictable, it was fun getting there. 7/10

Just finished watching Mean Girls on Channel 4. Good laugh, one to leave your brain at home for (if you went to see it at the cinema that is!) - 6/10.

if you watched it in the house would you have to send your brain out to occupy itself or something? :unsure:

It was an interesting film more than an enjoyable one I'd say. I suppose it didnt' have the 'arc' of your normal film as they never caught the Zodiac, although they obviously thought that it was Arthur Leigh Allen. It was very well acted - Robert Downey Jnr and Jake Gyllenhal were good, although it can't be much of a stretch for Downey Jnr to play a drug taking alkie :lol:

I agree with that. Went to see it last week. I fair enjoyed the first hour or so because there was plenty happening. As the film went on, however, it was slightly dragged out.

All the cast I felt played their parts really well.

I've recommended it to a few people, but I don't know if I'd watch it again.

Went to see Pirates of the Carribean today.

It's a great spectacle, it looks stunning and the battle scenes are engrossing as ever.

Only problem is that we've seen it all before. Also, it was just far too long.

I'll give it a six out of ten.

Couldn't of put it better myself, bit of a let down tbh

Watched breaking and entering last night. It is Jude Laws latest film. The only good thing was i could call him a b*****d and not get glared at by my wife/look like a jealous husband. Girly movie shite, with a really shit storyline 1/10

Also watched Night at the museum. Good cast, pretty funny at times. nice enjoyable watch. 6/10.

Got Dreamgirls and Last king of Scotland lined up to watch the rest of the week.

I went to Zodiac on Friday and loved it, but it was far far too long. There was a a lot of it that could have been left out, and it would have paced it up.

Still though, really enjoyed it, some cracking lines in it and brilliant acting from Gyllenhal and Downey Jr in particular.

"Do you smoke?"

"Once. In High School." :lol:

Shogun Assassin - 7/10

Not quite sure why it was in Vipco's Vault of Horror, as it wasn't really a horror. But bloody good, especially as you don't really need to listen to the dubbed speech as the plot is easily followed without it, so you can make up your own dialogue making it hilarious :lol: